1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Ok then, please proceed and sorry to bother.
    Well you've had a go at trivializing the fact that a couple of posters here are trying to subtly bully someone they disagree with through misused and loaded language. If this doesn't bother you then, please, don't let it bother you. 😀
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 03:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You might as well ignore this goofball. His arrogance goes way beyond
    his intelligence.
    I would have thought that a robust and respectful discussion of what "indoctrination" actually means is very appropriate on a Spirituality Forum.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:362 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If you want me to accept that you dont try to indoctrinate then you need to ACT like you dont want to indoctrinate. In that thread I said that the Bible said that homosexuality is a sin, and made it clear that nobody has to accept that. Clearly there was no intention to indoctrinate. You need to do the same.

Christians are supposed to TELL others about Ch ...[text shortened]... out Christianity you keep telling me about Christianity .. again another sign of indoctrination.
    Oh Geez, you really are trying to get me for this "indoctrination" charge, aren't you?
    Whats your beef man?
    I'm basically (more or less like you (or the post that I'm responding to here)-ie that i put for ward my views and that people cant take them or leave them as they wish. I really have no intention of trying to indoctrinate anyone-despite you trying to accuse me of such.

Why cant you see the similarities in our posting styles instead of trying to find differences? Seriously. I will re-state-for everyone interested (I doubt that many are),
    I wish to indoctrinate no one. Why do you persist in trying to accuse me of such. I had held you in high esteem (for a christian poster), but your insistence on trying to make me out to be an indoctrinator leaves me cold man.
    I have said, a few times now, that i in no way wish to indoctrinate anyone. Why cant you just leave it? i'm happy to. What drives you to want to make me out to be an 'indoctrinator'? (I suspect it is your warped christian views, but you can counter that, if you wish,but i really dont see where this would lead us (?) )
    At this stage there is no victor, in this "debate" , and I dont see one emerging, because I KNOW that I am definately NOT trying to do that. Why do you persist in your line of questioning? what do you hope to achieve?

I reckon it's your homophobic views that drive your line of questioning. please correct me if you think I am wrong 🙂
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you've had a go at trivializing the fact that a couple of posters here are trying to subtly bully someone they disagree with through misused and loaded language. If this doesn't bother you then, please, don't let it bother you. 😀
    No, I only said you made your point and you're beating a dead horse. You argued, so, having said what I said and realizing I'd be a hypocrite to continue, I backed off.

It doesn't bother me in the least that someone would misplace the word "indoctrinate." Probably because I've seen the word used as a sword against Christians so many times, it hardly goes noticed anymore.

But unlike you, I don't see it as "bullying."

Like I said. Proceed, and, sorry to bother.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:42
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    IMO being born again is a day to day process.
    Could you elaborate? -I am intrigued.
    I thought it was like a sudden "change" and not a gradual process as you seem to infer.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:48
    Have fun with your religion .. must be nice to make up your own rules. Whats the name of the mental institution you are in ? 😀
    Actually I dont have rules,as such-only guidelines.

It's a shame you dont take me seriously , because it seems as if you think that I just make up my rules/guidelines to make it easier for me (or others) where nothing could be further from the truth.
    My tenets are very simple on paper, but very difficult in practice.
    Feel free to question me on one of my tenets and you will quickly realize that I do take my religion very seriously, and that it is no "walk in the park"

The ball is in your court 🙂
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:54
    A religion in which you make up your own rules? You need to stop fooling yourself and get back down to reality.

I dont fall for your indoctrination. You not that persuasive so dont think Im a 'poor thing'
    "Back down to reality"?
    Are you kidding?

What part of reality it is that you think that that I am not adhering to?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 05:56
    From Dictionary.com

in·doc·tri·nate

to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., especially to
    imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

to teach or inculcate.

to imbue with learning.

o·pin·ion

a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certaint ...[text shortened]... is the correct word. It is not merely
    stating an opinion, but also to influence the listener.
    Influence on the listener IS NOT indoctrination.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 06:281 edit
    It doesn't bother me in the least that someone would misplace the word "indoctrinate." Probably because I've seen the word used as a sword against Christians so many times, it hardly goes noticed anymore.
    Well I noticed it. So you condone people distorting language to undermine Christian beliefs and arguments or to create subtle ad hominems? You don't think it would be good for this kind of thing to be reduced by standing up for what words mean and not just caving in in the face of lower, lazier, looser standards of language use?
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 06:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I noticed it. So you condone people distorting language to undermine Christian beliefs and arguments or to create subtle ad hominems? You don't think it would be good for this kind of thing to be reduced by standing up for what words mean and not just caving in in the face of lower, lazier, looser standards of language use?
    What part of me welcoming you to proceed do you equate with me supporting the kind of behavior you describe? I can hardly count the baseless assumptions you squeezed into that post.

For Pete's sake, PROCEED, my good man.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 06:411 edit
    I believe this whole notion of me trying to "indoctrinate" people came from page 7 where I challenged Rj to show me where I have tried "indoctrinate people" into my way of thinking ,(or what ever) , and Rajk has stepped in and tried to show how I was trying do just that.
    Since then he has been trying post after post to prove that I am an "indoctrinator" (or whatever), where nothing could be further from the truth.

1. The question was directed at RJ and he has just avoided it,like so many other questions directed at him,and I suspect the only reason that Rajk has defended him is because he is a fellow christian.

2. Rajk has defended his claim (ie that i am an ""indoctrinator"(of some sort), and that I was somehow out of line with my claim that I was not (an indoctrinator) )

The act is that Rajk as constantly tried to back up his ridiculous claim by whatever means at his disposal to prove that I AM an "indoctrinator".

My conclusion is that he has only done this,(and been subsequently backed up by RJ (who has negated my origonal proposal), so that he could ride on the back of Rajks origonal charge (ie, that I am an "indoctrinator" ), to back up ,(imo
    ) riduculous claims, ie that homosexuality is "wrong" .

It is my view that homosexuality is just as sinful ,(if sinful at all), as heterosexuality.
    After all, what is the difference? ( other than the obvious that it is woman on woman,(or man on man), rather than man on on woman.
    In terms on who is getting wronged (sinned), I see no difference. In both cases there are 2 consenting adults and I for one see no difference in terms of sin. in fact making love (whether it be homosexual or heterosexual) , i really dont see any difference-except what the bible supposedly says about it-which is unsubstantiatied , and seen as no different in the eyes of "God". 😛
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 08:01
    What part of me welcoming you to proceed do you equate with me supporting the kind of behavior you describe? I can hardly count the baseless assumptions you squeezed into that post.
    How does the fact that you can't be bothered about a word being wrongly used as a "sword" because you've seen it used as a sword against Christians so many times, constitute anything other than a self-regarding post for posting's sake?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 12:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Influence on the listener IS NOT indoctrination.
    Yes it is. To imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view
    means to influence. That was part of the definition of indoctrination.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 12:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I believe this whole notion of me trying to "indoctrinate" people came from page 7 where I challenged Rj to show me where I have tried "indoctrinate people" into my way of thinking ,(or what ever) , and Rajk has stepped in and tried to show how I was trying do just that.
    Since then he has been trying post after post to prove that I am an "indoctrinat ...[text shortened]... -which is unsubstantiatied , and seen as no different in the eyes of "God". 😛
    My post was on page 7 of this thread in which I was referring to you and
    robbie indoctrinating your kids. The fact that you have or have not tried
    to indoctrinate anyone on this forum has nothing to do with that. But
    someone on this thread believed you were trying to indoctrinate him. I
    still think you will be trying to indoctrinate your kids.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 17:521 edit
    Yes it is. To imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view
    means to influence. That was part of the definition of indoctrination.
    Going by this definition - almost every post in this forum (or any other forum) would be an attempt to "indoctrinate" others.

In the way most people use the term, "indoctrination" involves an attempt to forcefully impose one's own beliefs on others. It generally works only in an environment in which all other beliefs can be suppressed.

As for karoly aczel -- of everyone in this forum, he seems to be the LEAST interested in "indoctrinating" anyone else regarding what he believes. Clearly, Rajk strongly disagrees with some of karoly's beliefs, and karoly disagrees with some of Rajk's beliefs. But this is NOT "indoctrination".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree