Who is christian?

Who is christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
You have a 'homemade' religion in which you make up your own rules. I dont think that counts.
Of course it counts. Why wouldn't it count?
I think everyone should have their own religion (in fact they do), because any organized religion is a dead thing imo.

Ooops, I hope you dont think I'm trying to indoctrinate you, you poor thing.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

Anyway,Rajk, who really cares? I'm here now telling you that i do not want to indoctrinate people into anything.
Cant you just accept that and leave it alone?
I think I would be one of the least indocrinative religious person on here.
The fact is that most christians have a mandate to convert as many as possible to their "flock"- a point that you happily avoid post after post.

I dont think you directly try to indoctrinate anyone, but is it not what a good christian should do?

rc

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Answer the question,Rob. We are not talking about children here.
answer what question? RJBlind has produced no questions as far as i can tell, hes
simply proffered his opinion and attempted to substantiate it with another assertion,
again, his own self certified opinion. In order for him to ask questions he would need
to delve into the realms of reason, of which he is uninterested, that is why, he merely
proffers his opinion as an attempt at substantiation, for he has no reason.

F

Moves
21 Nov 11

Indoctrination is simply teaching but far more intense .
I beg to differ. "Indoctrination" is telling someone to accept a doctrine uncritically. I do not see how karoly urged you to be uncritical. He urged you to change, of course. But not to accept this urging uncritically. The word "indoctrination" is not defined in terms of "intensity" of teaching, but by its insistence on there being "uncritical" acceptance.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Nov 11

Of course it counts. Why wouldn't it count?
I think everyone should have their own religion (in fact they do), because any organized religion is a dead thing imo.

Ooops, I hope you dont think I'm trying to indoctrinate you, you poor thing.
A religion in which you make up your own rules? You need to stop fooling yourself and get back down to reality.

I dont fall for your indoctrination. You not that persuasive so dont think Im a 'poor thing'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

A religion in which you make up your own rules? You need to stop fooling yourself and get back down to reality.

I dont fall for your indoctrination. You not that persuasive so dont think Im a 'poor thing'
Yes , a religion where I make up my own rules. Isn't that what you do?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Nov 11

Anyway,Rajk, who really cares? I'm here now telling you that i do not want to indoctrinate people into anything.
Cant you just accept that and leave it alone?
I think I would be one of the least indocrinative religious person on here.
The fact is that most christians have a mandate to convert as many as possible to their "flock"- a point that you h ...[text shortened]... think you directly try to indoctrinate anyone, but is it not what a good christian should do?
If you want me to accept that you dont try to indoctrinate then you need to ACT like you dont want to indoctrinate. In that thread I said that the Bible said that homosexuality is a sin, and made it clear that nobody has to accept that. Clearly there was no intention to indoctrinate. You need to do the same.

Christians are supposed to TELL others about Christ. Christians have no madnate to convert as many as possible. So you are wrong.

I simply tell others about Christ and if I get a hint that nobody is interested I walk away. So for someone who knows very little about Christianity you keep telling me about Christianity .. again another sign of indoctrination.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Nov 11

Yes , a religion where I make up my own rules. Isn't that what you do?
Have fun with your religion .. must be nice to make up your own rules. Whats the name of the mental institution you are in ? 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Nov 11

If you want me to accept that you dont try to indoctrinate then you need to ACT like you dont want to indoctrinate. In that thread I said that the Bible said that homosexuality is a sin, and made it clear that nobody has to accept that. Clearly there was no intention to indoctrinate. You need to do the same.

Christians are supposed to TELL others about Ch ...[text shortened]... out Christianity you keep telling me about Christianity .. again another sign of indoctrination.
you win.Well done. I indoctrinate people. you've found me out. See ya around, friend

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Nov 11

Well i do believe in a sort of reincarnation. But I dont think it's as simple as some make out. I just think some lives are linked , even through long stretches of time, even from different planets, by some undescribable link.
But thats not as important as trying to understand the life we have right here, before us. I do believe there is a puzzle for ...[text shortened]... to accomplish? Can it happen just "out of the blue" or do you have to conjure it up somehow?
IMO being born again is a day to day process.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 11
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Unless he was telling you to accept his doctrine uncritically, which I don't think he was, then it's just him expressing his opinion, and not 'indoctrination'.
From Dictionary.com

in·doc·tri·nate

to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., especially to
imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

to teach or inculcate.

to imbue with learning.

o·pin·ion

a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
complete certainty.

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

the formal expression of a professional judgment.

Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and
the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character,
merit, etc.

It appears that INDOCTRINATE is the correct word. It is not merely
stating an opinion, but also to influence the listener.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 11

Indoctrination does not necessarily want to 'win' over. It wants to force someone to accept a certain opinion.
Like the atheists and the evolutionists, huh?

F

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
in·doc·tri·nate

to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., especially to
imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

to teach or inculcate.

to imbue with learning.
It can hardly be said that karoly was trying to "imbue" or "inculcate" or even really "teach" rajk999. Karoly was stating his own opinion and suggesting that Rajk999 do likewise. In fact it can not be argued credibly that karoly's opinions amount to a "doctrine". It is your prerogative, of course, to deploy the blandest supposed meanings of words, obliterate the distinctions between different terms, and to try to then project what you want or feel you need to say onto the rinsed-out vocabulary. But I rather feel doing this is a distinct disservice to our language and to the clarity of communication. For the way that karoly urged another poster to tolerate homosexuality to be touted as an example of "indoctrination" strikes me as a numbing, reductionist misuse of words in the service of your own specific partisan or biased belief.

F

Moves
21 Nov 11
1 edit

Indoctrination does not necessarily want to 'win' over. It wants to force someone to accept a certain opinion.
How has karoly attempted to "force" you to accept that you must subscribe to his opinion?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
How has karoly attempted to "force" you to accept that you must subscribe to his opinion?
Read through the thread on the Bible Accepts Homosexuality.