Who is christian?

Who is christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ask yourself the question, which Christian have demonstrated this
love.
Ask yourself the question, which Jehovah Witness church have demonstrated this love. We can rule out all those who have excomunicated members for petty offences, for sure.

rc

Moves
13 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Ask yourself the question, which Jehovah Witness church have demonstrated this love. We can rule out all those who have excomunicated members for petty offences, for sure.
because lets face it, you know all the details of every case, because you know
everything, because you are a know it all - we have killed no one, your churches are
full of war memorials, that rules you out as Christ's true followers.

s

England

Moves
13 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
you've heard of grace, I asume?

we are exhorted not to put our faith in works, lest any should boast. But the JWs put their faith in works, because they're used to boasting. (BTW, they are the ones claiming their Christian brothers are not Christian, which incidentally, is not a very Christian thing to do. Ironic, eh?)
anyone who does gods work is a christian... anyone who boasts they do have had thier reward..
grace do you mean forgiveness? if so then its given after ones life for your works, whatever your works either to preach, charitable help, etc

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the answer is very simply explained by Jesus himself,

(John 13:34-35) . . .I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another;
just as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this [b]all will know that you
are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

Ask yourself the question, which Christian denominati ...[text shortened]... have demonstrated this
love. We can rule out all those involved in acts of warfare, for sure.[/b]
So any other denominations that dont promote warfare?
I have to admit, this is one of the few things I like about JWs

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Nov 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Matthew 7:1-5 (King James Version)

[quote]Matthew 7
1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wil ...[text shortened]... ers of Christ. It is up to me to do the best I can to stay on the straight and narrow.
Cheers
Still, you must have an idea-even if it is not for you to say.
For example what is your view on warfare? Is it christian? Can it be acceptable under certain circumstances ? ,etc.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So any other denominations that dont promote warfare?
I have to admit, this is one of the few things I like about JWs
Well thanks. But if you go with that thing we don't do and if you agree with this about us then that's a start in finding ones who are truly Christ followers.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Well thanks. But if you go with that thing we don't do and if you agree with this about us then that's a start in finding ones who are truly Christ followers.
Like I said, I think I practice just as many if not more virtues than a lot of so called "christians" . I just dont feel the need to call myself christian.

And interestingly you guys dont either. You call yourselves Jehovas Witnesses.

What a revolting development!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Nov 11

Like I said, I think I practice just as many if not more virtues than a lot of so called "christians" . I just dont feel the need to call myself christian.

And interestingly you guys dont either. You call yourselves Jehovas Witnesses.

What a revolting development!
We are Christians as we strive to live our life's as Jesus told us too. Why is that revolting?

w

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
He did that to fulfill a prophecy of Jesus.
No, he did not do it to fulfill the prophecy, rather, he did it and it just so happened to fulfill the prophecy. Make no mistake, Peter recalled the prophecy shortly after the fact and he wept bitterly for doing so. This implies remorse and not the mechanical action of merely fulfilling it. Additionally, it does not mean that Peter was devoid of free will, rather, it just means that Christ knew what his choice would be.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Nov 11

Still, you must have an idea-even if it is not for you to say.
For example what is your view on warfare? Is it christian? Can it be acceptable under certain circumstances ? ,etc.
"So long as there are men, there will be wars." - Albert Einstein

Is war Christian? The Bible speaks of God helping the Jews in battle. Armageddon is a battle. Good vs. evil, on one level it is pure cosmic, but then it manifests itself in the flesh, and flesh dies.

It is a necessary evil of sorts I guess.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 11

During my reading of recent threads I am more confused than ever as to who the "real christians" are.
The JW's claim that christians are not actually the real christians , while not claiming that title for themselves either.

I have my own ideas on who the real christians are, but I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me who the real christians are and why.
You don't want to know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
We are Christians as we strive to live our life's as Jesus told us too. Why is that revolting?
Finally. So you do call yourselves "christian". That's all I wanted to know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
"So long as there are men, there will be wars." - Albert Einstein

Is war Christian? The Bible speaks of God helping the Jews in battle. Armageddon is a battle. Good vs. evil, on one level it is pure cosmic, but then it manifests itself in the flesh, and flesh dies.

It is a necessary evil of sorts I guess.
I disagree. Although I do admit that our universe is one where war , or warlike thinking, is prevelant.

Remember those buddhist monks that refuse to goto war and just before the invaders came they set themselves alight while in the lotus position.
This act made more of an impact upon the invaders than any sort of retaliation would have.
I actually read an account of the impact this act had upon one of the invaders and it was a life changing experience for that young soldier.
After all, the buddhist monk knew that this life is not the be all and end all, far from, buddhism and hinduism teaches that this life is but a drop in the ocean of our potential as humans living here and now.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by josephw
You don't want to know.
I do want to know. Why would you say that? you are reading more into my posts than what is there.
I have already got a better idea by starting this thread.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Nov 11

I disagree. Although I do admit that our universe is one where war , or warlike thinking, is prevelant.

Remember those buddhist monks that refuse to goto war and just before the invaders came they set themselves alight while in the lotus position.
This act made more of an impact upon the invaders than any sort of retaliation would have.
I actually ...[text shortened]... eaches that this life is but a drop in the ocean of our potential as humans living here and now.
If those monks would have set the invaders on fire, it would have ended the invasion, bada bing bada boom.