1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 04:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!! 😵
    Oh come now...surely you guys have a fair idea. Give it a go.

BTW I'm sick of people saying that only Jesus can do this or that, that only he can fix the world ,that we are powerless without him,etc. It is precisely this type of thinking that the powers-that-be want you to keep believing. If we all pulled together, forgot about our taboos and superstitions and looked at the world we were born into objectively and rationally, maybe we could also see that we DO have the power ourselves to fix the world.
    "Just do it" would be a good motto to live by for christians. Instead of "just wait til you die and you will be saved if you believe in Jesus". UNBELIVABLE!!
    😞
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 04:552 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    BTW I'm sick of people saying that only Jesus can do this or that, that only he can fix the world ,that we are powerless without him,etc. It is precisely this type of thinking that the powers-that-be want you to keep believing.
    If you had not noticed, the powers that be want you to believe that without them the universe will collapse. First they want you to believe that free trade without government will lead to humanity destroying itself, and then they want you to believe that God is dead, so they are the only game in town. In my opinion they leave the indocrination to the universities.

You see, we all seek a god/God.

Now if Christ is, in fact, God in the flesh, then everything falls apart without him. So the only question is, is it true?
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 04:57
    How so?
    nobody professing to be a christian actually does what christ has told them to do.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 04:58
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    nobody professing to be a christian actually does what christ has told them to do.
    Peter even denied him three times!! 😉
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 07:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you had not noticed, the powers that be want you to believe that without them the universe will collapse. First they want you to believe that free trade without government will lead to humanity destroying itself, and then they want you to believe that God is dead, so they are the only game in town. In my opinion they leave the indocrination to the univer ...[text shortened]... God in the flesh, then everything falls apart without him. So the only question is, is it true?
    The powers that be have more than one way to control us. If we become religious, then it should be the sort of religion where you only get to heaven AFTER you die- so as not to cause a stir while you are alive.
    It is upto each and every one of us what we make of education(universities), government,etc. The powers that be a way more intelligent than you or I, that's why we need faith and a strong guide in life. For some , that guide is Jesus.

Apparently all our "souls" seek "God". "We" are confused as to who we are and constantly confuse ourselves with our egos.

Christ may well be God in the flesh, but imo it doesn't matter whether he actually existed or not.His message works just as well (or fails just as miserably-depending on how you measure success).

It was so long ago and no record (other than the bible which has been corrupted) has been kept- especially no word of mouth account- so that we are all in the dark.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 08:01
    Oh, I see. That is a good point , but there may well be a few (granted they aren't prolific by any measure) who follow christs teachings accuratley. The thing is christians themselves cant agree on what the exact message was.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 10:03
    All we really have to do is believe and put our faith and trust in Him.
    He is just and will forgive us for not being perfect for He knows our
    heart.
  8. England
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 10:301 edit
    other religions claim to do God's work , are they christians in your book too?
    i never wrote claim, i wrote does the work of god and as jesus rebuked his followers who rebuked a man working for christ but was not one of them.
    sorry edited this a bit
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    i never wrote claim, i wrote do the work of god and as jesus rebuked his followers who rebuked a man working for christ but not one of them
    Are you drunk or something?

did you not say that whoever does gods work is a christian? (thats if I understand what you wrote here correctly)
  10. England
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 10:35
    I believe I do many things that would be considered "Gods work" however I do not call myself "christian".
    its not for me to say.. i do not know your works but if christ does then you will get in
  11. England
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 10:41
    Are you drunk or something?

did you not say that whoever does gods work is a christian? (thats if I understand what you wrote here correctly)
    too early in morning to be drunk?? you are correct who does his work over claim to do it is a christian but its jesus say in the end if you call yourself christian ive no problem with that
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 00:49
    Oh, I see. That is a good point , but there may well be a few (granted they aren't prolific by any measure) who follow christs teachings accuratley. The thing is christians themselves cant agree on what the exact message was.
    could be. such people would have to be completely detached from society. you or i would probably never meet such a person.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:12
    And you know this to be a true fact so much that you claim the absolute.

Even you know that's flawed logically.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And you know this to be a true fact so much that you claim the absolute.

Even you know that's flawed logically.
    as you can see from my post above, this issue is already resolved.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 01:16
    Originally posted by stoker
    its anyone who does gods work, not say they do.
    you've heard of grace, I asume?

we are exhorted not to put our faith in works, lest any should boast. But the JWs put their faith in works, because they're used to boasting. (BTW, they are the ones claiming their Christian brothers are not Christian, which incidentally, is not a very Christian thing to do. Ironic, eh?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree