Who is christian?

Who is christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
If those monks would have set the invaders on fire, it would have ended the invasion, bada bing bada boom.
But that's not the point, is it.

If you do not want to get in the spirit of my posts then that's fine with me, but let's not beat around the bush, it is a waste of time for you , me and the other posters.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
But that's not the point, is it.

If you do not want to get in the spirit of my posts then that's fine with me, but let's not beat around the bush, it is a waste of time for you , me and the other posters.
Perhaps we just differ on some things. I guess I'm a "hawk" of sorts.
I do think war is terrible, but I also think it is justified at times.
Pray for peace

You seem rather testy my friend. 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Pray for peace

Testy? sure...I can go with that.
You might say I wear my heart on my sleeve and since you only have my words to go on (no body language), I guess you are right in your evaluation.
Thing is I dont do things by half, and I dont hold things in.
Sometimes people think I'm really mad but it is just me saying what I think, putting it out there straight away.
I can deal with my emotions but I dont have time for pretenders.
Not that I'm calling you a pretender, but I could be. Are you?
Anyway thanks for responding, at least you've given me the opportunity to set things straight.
So would you call yourself a christian and if so, would you call your self a "good christian" and why?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Pray for peace

I cant justify war in any circumstance. We'll just have to disagree on that one

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Nov 11

Testy? sure...I can go with that.
You might say I wear my heart on my sleeve and since you only have my words to go on (no body language), I guess you are right in your evaluation.
Thing is I dont do things by half, and I dont hold things in.
Sometimes people think I'm really mad but it is just me saying what I think, putting it out there straight ...[text shortened]... u call yourself a christian and if so, would you call your self a "good christian" and why?
Yes, sure I call myself a Christian. As far as a good Christian goes, I am a poor miserable sinner, saved by grace.
It doesn't matter if Christians call themselves as such. What matters is what Christ will call them.😉

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Nov 11

I cant justify war in any circumstance. We'll just have to disagree on that one
Agreed and thanx 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Yes, sure I call myself a Christian. As far as a good Christian goes, I am a poor miserable sinner, saved by grace.
It doesn't matter if Christians call themselves as such. What matters is what Christ will call them.😉
So you think that you will meet christ when you die?
Is there even a remote possibility that you may be wrong?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you perhaps mean the parable of the Good Samaritan
Yes, thanks a lot ! Most of Hindus who know about him, think of Jesus as an embodiment of kindness and love. Many of these ( e.g.myself ) believe him to be an incarnation of God.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Yes, thanks a lot ! Most of Hindus who know about him, think of Jesus as an embodiment of kindness and love. Many of these ( e.g.myself ) believe him to be an incarnation of God.
Why is it that some random hindu has a better understanding of Jesus that most christians do? Is it because you can distance yourself and not get emotionally attached to christian ideas?

Why do you think christians cannot see that Jesus was bowing to the same God as other religions do?

So simple, it's not funny 😕

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
14 Nov 11
1 edit

Why is it that some random hindu has a better understanding of Jesus that most christians do? Is it because you can distance yourself and not get emotionally attached to christian ideas?

Why do you think christians cannot see that Jesus was bowing to the same God as other religions do?

So simple, it's not funny 😕
Hindus are much more tolerant of belef systems other than Hinduism, than people of other religions. Any thing in this universe which is extraordinarily good/great evokes the name of God in Hindus. This is embedded in our conscience. Jesus and his teachings evoke the same feeling as Lord Krishna or Shiva or Lord Rama do.

rc

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Oh come now. There's hardly a difference between that and Dasa saying anyone who has ever eaten meat is ungodly.

Do you not get the irony of you deciding who is Christian and who isn't?

Anyone who steps up and makes sweeping judgments on others becomes the object of Christ's parable on judging others.

And by they, Christ's commandment for His disci ...[text shortened]... little relevance in situations like the war against fanatic Muslim terrorism. Just sayin'.
the text is self evident, anyone irrespective of their belief can use their own powers of
discernment and reach a conclusion regarding the words of the Christ. Citing other
instances of warfare is irrelevant, what is relevant are the actions of Christians
perpetrated against other Christians, for neither can logically, nor reasonably be
displaying love among themselves, unless of course you are willing to state that killing
each other is a loving act.

rc

Moves
14 Nov 11

Originally posted by whodey
Obviously, Christ should have added to the text, ......if you have love among yourselves and are a member of the JW which is the only organization capable of showing such love.
try to address the actual text whodey, its not that difficult, you read it, think about it,
assimilate it into your own mind, reflect upon it with your own experience, formulate a
thought, crystallise that thought into words and post it, simply reacting will not do.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Nov 11

try to address the actual text whodey, its not that difficult, you read it, think about it,
assimilate it into your own mind, reflect upon it with your own experience, formulate a
thought, crystallise that thought into words and post it, simply reacting will not do.
Because in so doing, he will be following your example, yes?

No.

Actions speak louder than words, and it is written "by their fruits, ye shall know them".

Your actions here in this forum show you have NO love for your Christian brothers, so it follows that you are just a hypocrite, in fact and deed.

rc

Moves
18 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because in so doing, he will be following your example, yes?

No.

Actions speak louder than words, and it is written "by their fruits, ye shall know them".

Your actions here in this forum show you have NO love for your Christian brothers, so it follows that you are just a hypocrite, in fact and deed.
how do we know there are no women in heaven? there was silence for half an hour!

(Revelation 8:1) . . .And when he opened the seventh seal, a silence occurred in
heaven for about a half hour. . .

😛

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Nov 11
3 edits

the text is self evident, anyone irrespective of their belief can use their own powers of
discernment and reach a conclusion regarding the words of the Christ. Citing other
instances of warfare is irrelevant, what is relevant are the actions of Christians
perpetrated against other Christians, for neither can logically, nor reasonably be
disp ...[text shortened]... themselves, unless of course you are willing to state that killing
each other is a loving act.
Dont know about the rest of your post but that bit that says ,"unless of course you are willing to state that killing each other is a loving act. ", is a very good point.
I can guess the sort of arguments that other (christians) may put up here to justify war, such as it would be revenge, but imo, there is never any justification for war, (not defending your loved ones ,(acts of violence), or similar acts), but actual warfare.
This is one point where I strongly agree with the JWs and one of the points that give me a much greater respect for the JWs.
It is hard to stick by your principles , especially emotionally charged points such as this one. For example if someone has had a family member die in a war then it would be very tempting to try to justify war, as revenge is a very strong human emotion and it would take a real strong effort, humility and understanding (of "Gods" will) to truly forgive the perpetrator of that war crime.
And, as christians say, it is not for us to judge but God, (or is it JC (?) ), the fate of one's "soul".
Again I realize that this could be a very difficult, in fact nigh impossible for one to stick by, (ie to leave the judgment and subsequent punishment up to"God" ), but if one could do that then that would be displaying a very high degree of (christian) love and I'm sure that if one were to be able to leave the judgment , (and punishment), up to "God" then "God" would recognize this act of love and give this person their due "love" (reward?) in their due time. (Patience,patience...)