1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 May '09 16:04
    I'm sure I'll be ignored in this discussion because I won't quote bible verses (I'd rather quote Berryman) but I have to say anyway as someone without a dog in this fight, how many people died in Europe over a long span of time just because they were on one side or the other of this trinity (russian-doll god) controversy? The trinitarians seemed to have ended this problem initially the old-fashioned way by killing everyone that didn't agree with them. Is the teaching of a false dogma still sufficient reason to kill? Will only one of rob or jay be allowed in heaven? How do both of you feel as human beings when you contemplate the corpses that previously resulted from your little argument? I don't find much that is either human or divine in this argument.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 May '09 17:42
    Originally posted by 3Samuel
    Perhaps what I meant to ask was,
    Is Jesus still alive today? (the biblical record would have me think so)
    And if so, in what manner?
    What form does the individual's relationship with Jesus take?
    No.
    N/A
    Depends on the individual. Some talk to him like a kid talks to their imaginary friend. Others relate to him by observing his teachings.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    21 May '09 23:34
    To quote George Carlin........Jesus was a cross dresser!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:47
    a christian went to a zen master and asked if he had heard of jesus, the zen master replied 'yes,he was just a boddhisatva'.
    An 'enlightened' friend of mine claims jesus is still alive in a small box-like satellite circling the earth doing hard-core penance!!!
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:51
    Originally posted by 667joe
    To quote George Carlin........Jesus was a cross dresser!
    On a hill far away stood an old rugged crossdresser,
    The emblem of suffering and shame.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 May '09 19:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perhaps you can name any other fictional character who has influenced humanity to such a profound and extensive degree??? perhaps if you have a mind, you could reflect on this statement from a respected historian, Will Durant :

“That a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethi ...[text shortened]... erhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels.”

digg, yall!
    harry potteršŸ˜›
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 May '09 19:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    my favorite hymn
  8. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 May '09 23:48
    yes Christians do pray to Christ, but i hold that this is entirely erroneous, for the scriptures state that the Christ himself was a created entity (colossians 1:15), thus they are unduly worshiping the creation rather than the creator.

Also Christ himself gave a very clear pattern, when the disciples asked him how they should pray, this is writ ...[text shortened]... ved for himself, is that he remains exclusively, the hearer of prayer! is it not awesome?
    Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 May '09 23:52
    Originally posted by 3Samuel
    Sorry, I hit the return key withuout writind anything!

Of course I know who Jesus is, what I am interested in is the significance Jesus hold for individuals, and especially what makes him unique?
    Does anybody feel that they ''know' Jesus?
    What does Jesus mean to you?
    What do you suppose the character of Jesus is like?

Let your answers and feelings flood in! I want to know as much as possible!
    Jesus is the Christ. The Messiah, the Son of God, God in the flesh whose sole purpose was to be born among us and live among us and die for us so that we have the oppotunity to gain salvation. Jesus Christ is GOD. God provided a way to be saved and the only way is to believe that Jesus is who he said he was- Savior of the world, redeemer, Son of God, the Lamb of God.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '09 08:554 edits
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
    how many times must i say this, I AM A HUMAN BEING, labels are for jam jars and home made wine!

one thing that i am certain on, and perhaps you will explain this, for it is perfectly logical and biblical, for i have no where found, in scripture that Christ, nor his followers, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever zither nither flither referred to himself as Almighty God. what is more, Christ had a beginning, as shown in the Bible, remember that, the Bible, Collossians chapter 1 verse 15 to be precise, but God has always existed, therefore who am i to believe, you or the Bible? secondly God cannot die, get it, God cannot die! that is also in the Bible, remember that, the Bible, Pslam 102:26, did Christ die, yes? well then who am i to believe, you or the Bible? thirdly no one has seen God at anytime, get that, this is also in the Bible, remember that, in the Bible, John chapter 1:18, but many people saw Jesus Christ, therefore, who am i to believe, you or the Bible?

what must i conclude from your statement, other than rather it being firmly fixed on scripture and thus able to be substantiated, it does in many instances completely contradict scripture and logic, and must have as its origin something entirely different. what could it be? church dogma? an ancient church tradition? a simple unsubstantiated claim, who can tell?
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulƤrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 May '09 09:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    When you say 'rugged', do you mean he was wearing a wig?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 May '09 11:04
    who knows what kind of tosser jesus may have been up until 30 years of age. Is it not true that all we know of him is what was written about him between the ages of 30 and 33? (other than the baby in the manger)
  13. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 May '09 20:36
    how many times must i say this, I AM A HUMAN BEING, labels are for jam jars and home made wine!

one thing that i am certain on, and perhaps you will explain this, for it is perfectly logical and biblical, for i have no where found, in scripture that Christ, nor his followers, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever zither nither flith ...[text shortened]... it be? church dogma? an ancient church tradition? a simple unsubstantiated claim, who can tell?
    If you really believe this then you aren't really a Christian because you don't believe that Jesus is who he said he was. Rather unfortunate for you I think. I wish you luck.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '09 21:082 edits
    Originally posted by chappy1
    If you really believe this then you aren't really a Christian because you don't believe that Jesus is who he said he was. Rather unfortunate for you I think. I wish you luck.
    oh really, and where did Christ state that he was Almighty God?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 May '09 22:241 edit

one thing that i am certain on, and perhaps you will explain this, for it is perfectly logical and biblical, for i have no where found, in scripture that Christ, nor his followers, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever zither nither flith ...[text shortened]... it be? church dogma? an ancient church tradition? a simple unsubstantiated claim, who can tell?
    ============================
    Collossians chapter 1 verse 15 to be precise,
    ==================================

Robbie, I already dealt with Arius' misusage of Col. 1:15 And I don't think I saw any rebuttal from you.

You speak of "church dogma". Yet you dogmatically assert Col 1:15 upholds the Arian heresy of the incomplete Deity of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree