Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:04

John-Paul III
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by wib
    Oh oh oh that hurts. Funny though.

And on a serious note - I read a little article about there being no chance in hell of an American becoming Pope. The reasons were many of course, but mainly it's because so many people around the world ...[text shortened]... us. That was pretty much the jist of it. That's really sad.

Please, don't believe everything you read. The article's claim is nonsense.
  3. London
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:06
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

John-Paul III
    I'd really love to see a Pope Thomas.
  4. London
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:07
    Originally posted by wib

And on a serious note - I read a little article about there being no chance in hell of an American becoming Pope. The reasons were many of course, but mainly it's because so many people around the world hate us. That was pretty much the jist of it. That's really sad.

That and the total ineptness with which they dealt with the abuse scandals.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:09
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I'd really love to see a Pope Thomas.

There is always a first time for everything 😉
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:11
    Originally posted by wib

And on a serious note - I read a little article about there being no chance in hell of an American becoming Pope. The reasons were many of course, but mainly it's because so many people around the world hate us. That was pretty much the jist of it. That's really sad.

For that reason, why not an African Pope. That's the area where the Catholic Church is growing fastest. Ironically, the conservative nature of Catholic doctrine, which might be the reason of the decline of the Church in Europe, has had the opposite effect in Africa.

Orthodoxy is a common trait to all the African Christian denominations, Anglican, Presbyterian, Catholic.
  7. London
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:13
    Originally posted by Coletti
    For that reason, why not an African Pope. That's the area where the Catholic Church is growing fastest. Ironically, the conservative nature of Catholic doctrine, which might be the reason of the decline of the Church in Europe, has had the opposite effect in Africa.

Orthodoxy is a common trait to all the African Christian denominations, Anglican, Presbyterian, Catholic.
    No reason at all. Cardinal Francis Arinze is considered to be a front-runner among the papabili.

ivanhoe - wouldn't it be great if Cardinal Ratzinger were elected Pope? 😉
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:20
    No reason at all. Cardinal Francis Arinze is considered to be a front-runner among the papabili.

Lucifershammer: " ..... ivanhoe - wouldn't it be great if Cardinal Ratzinger were elected Pope?

The poor fellow hasn't got a chance.

It would however be rather amusing if they elected him pope ........ just to annoy the liberals .... 😀
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:22

How about a South American Pope?

Pope Jesus Hernandez Christofero
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 21:264 edits

The next pope will be a bridgebuilder, not just to bring together the different factions within the Church, but also a bridgebuilder between the Catholics and the Jewish people on one hand and the Islam world on the other. He has to be an apostle, a pastor, a leader and a diplomate.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 22:09
    Lucifershammer: " ..... ivanhoe - wouldn't it be great if Cardinal Ratzinger were elected Pope?

The poor fellow hasn't got a chance.

It would however be rather amusing if they elected him pope ........ just to annoy the liberals .... 😀
    Say some more. What's he like? I hear his name more than any other.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 22:512 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Say some more. What's he like? I hear his name more than any other.
    Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger is head of the Catholic Church's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, whose mission is to "to promote and safeguard the doctrine of the faith and morals throughout the Catholic world" (John Paul II).

He is seen as a brilliant orthodox Roman Catholic theologian, a very influential German Cardinal.

He is also the Dean of the College of Cardinals and will preside the Pope's funeral on Friday.

He is often called one of the "Kingmakers" in the coming conclave, the election of the new Pope.

He has written many books such as: "Truth and Tolerance: Christian Belief and World Religions" (Ignatius Press, Oct. 2004)
  13. London
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 22:52

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger is head of the Catholic Church's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, whose mission is to "to promote and safeguard the doctrine of the faith and morals throughout the Catholic world" (John Paul II).

He is seen as a brilliant orthodox Roman Catholic theologian, a very influential German Cardinal.

He is often called ...[text shortened]... s: "Truth and Tolerance: Christian Belief and World Religions" (Ignatius Press, Oct. 2004)
    You forgot to mention that "Liberal Catholics" sometimes call him the Panzerkardinal. LOL
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:06
    You forgot to mention that "Liberal Catholics" sometimes call him the Panzerkardinal. LOL

Yes, the "Liberal Catholics" often accuse him of not being "open" and not being able to "listen" to them, of course they mean he is not willing to obey them ...... 🙄
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:12

Yes, the "Liberal Catholics" often accuse him of not being "open" and not being able to "listen" to them, of course they mean he is not willing to obey them ...... 🙄
    I fully support Cardinal Ratzinger's being the next Pope. I would really like to see how U.S. Catholics would deal with his election.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree