1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:19
    Originally posted by wib

mainly it's because so many people around the world hate us.
    I speak in person to Americans about 12 times a week (from all states) and haven't met one who voted for Bush. Guess he could be Pope if the election were in USA.

Seriously: History would favour an Italian Pope.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:242 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I fully support Cardinal Ratzinger's being the next Pope. I would really like to see how U.S. Catholics would deal with his election.
    His job was and is to keep watch over and preserve the purity of the faith. He simply had to be a "Panzerkardinal" to withstand all the liberal demands. It would be a bad thing for the Church if he was going to be elected. However he will not be elected for the simple reason he cannot be a bridge builder between the different factions.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 23:54
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    His job was and is to keep watch over and preserve the purity of the faith. He simply had to be a "Panzerkardinal" to withstand all the liberal demands. It would be a bad thing for the Church if he was going to be elected. However he will not be elected for the simple reason he cannot be a bridge builder between the different factions.
    Is he a part of the Opus Dei movement?
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 00:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957

Yes, I think so.
  5. London
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 20:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    AFAIK, no. He is a fan of the movement, however.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree