Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    This is my opinion on why this
    board was made, some one caved and freedom of speech takes
    another blow to the head.
    ???

How has freedom of speech caved by creating a Forum devoted to discussing Spiritual matters, for supposed chess players you can be the most illogical lot at times?!!

😠
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    ???

How has freedom of speech caved by creating a Forum devoted to discussing Spiritual matters, for supposed chess players you can be the most illogical lot at times?!!

😠
    You are the one being illogical if you cannot observe how speech has been restricted due to this decision.

Can one's religious views now be brought to the table in a Debate? No. That is a restriction.
    Must all religious views expressed here be expressed in Spirituality? Yes. That is a lack of freedom now sufferred by a particular class.
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:272 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    You are the one being illogical if you cannot observe how speech has been restricted due to this decision.

Can one's religious views now be brought to the table in a Debate? No. That is a restriction.
    Must all religious views ...[text shortened]... s. That is a lack of freedom now sufferred by a particular class.
    If there is a Debate that has any baring on religious matters it should be posted in the Spirituality forum. If the debate starts on a more general topic and a religious person posts a response that reflects thier own religious beliefs then I don't think anybody would batter an eyelid. What is no longer tollerable is the rabib posts of fantatical Evangelists, taking the advantage of this lightly moderated forum, attempting to turn it into a Revivalist rally!
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:30
    Originally posted by Exy
    If the debate starts on a more general topic and a religious person posts a response that reflects thier own religious beliefs then I don't think anybody would batter an eyelid.
    "All relevant posts will be moved to this forum from now on. Please save the mods some work and post there in the first place." -- Russ

By this decree, such a post should never get posted in Debates in the first place, and if does get posted there, it will be moved.
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:35
    Originally posted by Exy
    How about let's just keep it focused on [b]CHESS then instead. How about that for a solution?

You wanna talk religion and politics without restriction there are countless other places to do it without feeling the need to steer this community off in that direction. [/b]
    That would make sense exy, if, there was'nt a debate forum here. But there is one, and now a certain type of debate has been excluded. My points were real concerns.

It's nice to know that I am now part of the "fw mob", especially given that cribs and I have completely different philosophies on life in general. the fact that I chose to post there should'nt have any consideration in my conversations here. I post on the m+m forum also, does that make me a metal head? You have posted there, are you also part of this "mob"?

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:393 edits
    A certain type of debate has NOT been excluded it's just been moved so that those (a vast number) who don't wish to be exposed to religious dogma can easily avoid it - what is wrong with that?

It's no different to the Only Chess or Puzzles forums existing. I have posted once in Puzzles in all the time I've been here, I don't bother looking at it much cos it doesn't interest me, but if people started posting puzzles in the Clan forum it would really start to bug me! Likewise, I would love to use the General and Debate forums if they weren't always dominated by other people's religious opinions!

I really don't see why this is a problem - no one is being deprived of there posting rights, if you want to have Debates about religious matters you've now got a place to do it.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:40
    Originally posted by Exy
    A certain type of debate has NOT been excluded it's just been moved so that those (a vast number) who don't wish to be exposed to religious dogma can easily avoid it - what is wrong with that?
    What is wrong with sending Blacks to a different school so that Whites who don't wish to be exposed to them can avoid them?
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:422 edits
    That is a nonsense argument! So, what you're advocating is that the vast number of people who come to this site gradually get completely turned off the forums altogether so a very small number of people can squabble eternally and score points of each other in insulting debates, well I say fooey, sir!! You want to do that then invite them over to your Forum Wars site and host it for them. WE - the vast majority of people here - are here to play CHESS!
  10. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:44
    Not much about spirituality here in this thread... in this forum. I vote to have this Lost thread thrown into the debates. This is clearly NOT about spirituality.

Isn't the goal of this forum "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

Indeed! 🙄😉

RTH
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:44
    Originally posted by Exy
    That is a nonsense argument!
    It was a question, not an argument. Do you have an answer to the question?
  12. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:45
    What is wrong with sending Blacks to a different school so that Whites who don't wish to be exposed to them can avoid them?
    Apparently nothing. We should do everything we can to appease the masses and keep the undisireables from affecting us. It is through the very fact of the control and placement of thought that powers hold us captive.

free your mind

Nyxie
  13. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:465 edits
    It was a question, not an argument. Do you have an answer to the question?
    Do you have a response to my suggestion?

If you want to carry on the exact same debates you had about religion in the Debates forum you can do so, in the Spirituality forum. If that's not to your and their liking then I suggest you invite them over to your Forum to host these debates.

Why do you wish to deprive the many people who are currently avoiding the General and Debates forums for fear of being bombarded with religious dogma?
  14. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 00:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Cowards and weenies asked for this, the same types of ones that
    want any idea out of the public that disagree with or feel is warm
    and fuzzy to their way of thinking or acting. They hide behind
    separation of church and state, or they hide behind being offended
    at the thought that someone may think they are at odds with the
    God another person believes i ...[text shortened]...
    board was made, some one caved and freedom of speech takes
    another blow to the head.
    Kelly
    This is exactly why this forum was created. Some people don't believe in god, jesus and eternal damnation, so they don't want to be constantly inundated with your condemnation. Every thread that was started ended as an arguement about who's god can beat up any other god. I'm sorry that you feel that your First Amendment rights have been stepped on, but if you had tried, just once, to speak of anything other than god perhaps they wouldn't have even considered it. No one wants to be told constantly that their beliefs are wrong and that they are doomed to burn in hell. For example, a thread started about modern day Lebabon turned in to a debate about the validity of Darfius' biblical predictions. Lebanon wasn't even discussed after that. No one spoke of Hariri or the US threats against Syria, it was about biblical predictions about Damascus. So now you have a forum to discuss to your hearts content about your cults and you still are whining. You are feeling left out now, but you have no one to blame but yourselves. Certainly your beliefs form who you are, but is that all that you are? Are you just a regurgitation of your bible studies or did you learn other things along the way? To some of us, obviously not this crowd, there are other things in life. I was hesitant to start a thread on baseball because I was scared that Darfius and RB would turn it into a religous thread.
    So now we are a divided community. A seperation of Church and everything else. I for one welcome this. It isn't as if you are not allowed to participate in the debates, you are just asked to leave your religion here. You are still welcome to participate in any thread you like, unless there is nothing more to you than your religion.
    And by the way, it isn't freedom of speech when you yell fire in a theatre or yell fire and brimstone in a debate forum.
  15. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 01:062 edits
    To my mind if I was to act as insensitively and selfishly as the Evangelists have by flooding the General and Debates forum with constant posts about how TWIN PEAKS was the best thing ever to grace the small screen, I would expect people to get sick of it and start complaining to the admins.

One way the admins could deal with it is to ban the discussion of TWIN PEAKS, perhaps even force me to disband my clan, another fairer way would be to create a TWIN PEAKS forum just for me and those that wished to listen, so that I didn't have to plague the poor people who just want to peruse the General and Debates forums with my monotinous promotion of TWIN PEAKS!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree