1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 23:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I thought the pole dancers that ol Jerry got in the Dallas stadium might be more your
    thang, you know those ol Republican values that you harbour, scantily clad ladies
    strutting and shakin their stuff and there i was thinking that republicans dont know how
    to have a good time. At your age mate, you better watch your ol ticker!
    Watching them keeps me young at heart.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 23:51
    The world-wide popularity of American Football justifies its position as the number one variant of football.

And the American Football World Cup is second only to the Olympics.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 19:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The world-wide popularity of American Football justifies its position as the number one variant of football.

And the American Football World Cup is second only to the Olympics.
    Your kidding right?

Football(soccer) world cup is first followed by the olympics
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 20:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Your kidding right?

Football(soccer) world cup is first followed by the olympics
    Sorry. Stuck in a nightmare
    where RJHinds world is
    reality ....... urgh
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 20:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well known fact: the americans like shooting each other and giving sports stupid names like "American football" (how often do their feet come into contact with the ball!?).
    No, the English gave it the stupid name of 'American football' the American'ts named it football. I guess because to start the game they... kick the ball.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 20:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am talking about the average salary not someone like David Beckham.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7527796/Premier-League-footballers-not-the-richest-on-the-planet-revealed.html

The Premier League is only the world's fourth richest sports league by average earnings (£28,230 per player per week, or £1.47 million a year).

The even lower standing of American football's NFL was also a surprise, given that it has the biggest average crowds in world sport by far (67,509 people per game) and annual revenues of almost £5bn. In the NFL, I found the average pay to be £22,506 per week, or £1.2 million per year.

The best-paying leagues in order, by weekly average pay (see table for details) are the NBA, the IPL, baseball's MLB, the Premier League, ice hockey's NHL, then the NFL.

Sorry bro, looks like the NFL stars are getting ripped off, makes the NBA strike look ridiculous.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 21:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yeah, but we turned it into a more entertaining sport. And don't forget
    about Basketball, which was invented by Americans. The Europeans had
    nothing like it to bastardize. Now, aren't you glad for that? Now we can
    all enjoy a wonderfully entertaining sport that can be played inside during
    your cold European winters because of the Americans.
    Oh wrong again. Basketball was invented by a Canadian.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 21:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I thought the pole dancers that ol Jerry got in the Dallas stadium might be more your
    thang, you know those ol Republican values that you harbour, scantily clad ladies
    strutting and shakin their stuff and there i was thinking that republicans dont know how
    to have a good time. At your age mate, you better watch your ol ticker!
    Taking about bastardization... ever see the 'cheerleaders' in the IPL or Cricket champions league? Chicks look like the pick of the dropouts from a Glasgow's miss heroin contest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree