Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
What was this FMF guy's most contributory thread on the Spirituality Forum?
Nevermind what SecondSon thinks, what do you think have been my most contributory threads on the Spirituality Forum?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21

Ask him to find the quote.
He'll come up with more excuses not to real quick.

Oh Secondson,

Paul said "We all" are being transformed into the same image.

Check it Second Cor. 3:17,18

Would "we all" include me and you as Christians?

"But WE ALL with unveiled face, . . . are being transformed into the same image. . . "

I think "We ALL" would include all Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship removed their quoted post
Which one? Give an example.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship removed their quoted post
The reason I said, 'never mind SecondSon', is because I suspect you are going to dodge your own question ~ a question, I perceive, as being insincere and disingenuous.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Of course FMF says "God figure" quite a lot, but I don't think he means it in a spiritual sense.
I mean it in the sense that religions - like yours - concern themselves with the worship of deities. Different religions have different God figures.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

@fmf said
Well, it's a claim that sonship made about himself. He said he is "becoming like Jesus", so if I want to know what that means, I can just observe sonship, as I have been doing for many years. He is the only Christian who has ever made the claim.
Well, if you don't think sonship is becoming more like Jesus, then who do you think he is becoming more like?
A doormat perhaps?

When Jesus walked on earth 2000 years ago, He personified the Father, full of grace and truth. Jesus was eminently kind, gentle, giving etc. etc., but when He returns He will be as a man of war.

How would you like to meet Him? At the foot of the cross, or at the edge of a sword?

You know the story, right? But of course you don't believe it, so you spend your time here finding fault with those who believe in Jesus, vindictively. It's as if by doing so you prove to yourself that Jesus is a lie, that He's laying in a grave somewhere, that there's no chance in hell you'll ever see Him face to face.

And if you think that's mean of me saying so, then read some of the things Jesus said.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
Maybe something about "preparing for our electronic afterlives?
That was one that didn't get any traction, it's true. But I thought it could have been an interesting discussion. "When we die, our digital selves sometimes live on. The line between death and life — already blurred by medical technology — is even blurrier in the digital domain. How should we prepare for our electronic afterlives?" I think how we impact people and how we are remembered are very relevant to spirituality.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Well, if you don't think sonship is becoming more like Jesus, then who do you think he is becoming more like?
I take sonship at his word that he believes he is "becoming like Jesus".

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
How would you like to meet Him? At the foot of the cross, or at the edge of a sword?
I believe that Jesus, assuming he was particular human being and not a carefully constructed composite figure, has been stone dead for over 2,000 years.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
You know the story, right? But of course you don't believe it, so you spend your time here finding fault with those who believe in Jesus, vindictively.
I don't think anything I say here is "vindictive". I am often robust and tenacious, but not "vindictive".

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
It's as if by doing so you prove to yourself that Jesus is a lie, that He's laying in a grave somewhere, that there's no chance in hell you'll ever see Him face to face.

And if you think that's mean of me saying so, then read some of the things Jesus said.
I wouldn't describe the Jesus story as a "lie".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@fmf said
I mean it in the sense that religions - like yours - concern themselves with the worship of deities. Different religions have different God figures.
I know how you mean it.

If you can, try to understand how I mean Christianity isn't a religion, even though some denominations are very religious.

I don't expect you to understand the difference between Christianity and religion. It's all the same to you, even while you are religious about your personal beliefs regarding religion. So much so you can't see you're wrong.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Well, I know FMF generates a lot of threads, but I don't recall one that I would consider a "spiritual" contribution.
Well, there have been many discussions about morality and conscience that I have started; others on the moral incoherence of eternal torture; personhood, identity and the definition of what some call the "soul"; and many others on the nature of faith, religious beliefs and politics, about current affairs news stories with a religious or spiritual dimension, misanthropy and philanthropy, and so on. I think these threads and these themes have been a worthy contribution to this forum. Don't you think so too?

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
If you can, try to understand how I mean Christianity isn't a religion, even though some denominations are very religious.
Of course, Christianity is a religion.