Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Why Adam's Rib Became Eve

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Not a chance.

Unless of course you became born again and the "eyes of your understanding" were opened.
So someone who has been "becoming like Jesus" for ten years cannot be differentiated from other people who hold no such beliefs nor make such a claim? I would have thought there'd be some outward manifestation of such a supposed transformation in terms of character, integrity, demeanor and behaviour. No?

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Like the way you do?
Judaism. Hinduism. Christianity. Islam.

They are religions.

No word play involved.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@fmf said
The fact that all religions are different from each other does not mean the adherents of each of them can claim that those differences make them not-a-religion and the others religions.
Your mind lives in a world where Jesus is dead.

What a waste of intelligence.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Your mind lives in a world where Jesus is dead.

What a waste of intelligence.
This is mere deflection.

The point you were ostensibly replying to remains unaddressed.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@fmf said
So someone who has been "becoming like Jesus" for ten years cannot be differentiated from other people who hold no such beliefs nor make such a claim? I would have thought there'd be some outward manifestation of such a supposed transformation in terms of character, integrity, demeanor and behaviour. No?
I've seen no such "transformation" in anyone in this forum.

Being "conformed to the image of Christ" is an internal and spiritual experience.

What you think you should see in this forum in terms of the "transformation" of character and such is far from the reality of what you can see in the real world.

You duel with words so much that you've boxed yourself into a corner of self deceit, believing the mischaracterizations you've mostly made up, and the misrepresentations of intent of those, exclusively Christians, posting in this forum, that you're incapable of realizing what you've done.

FMF better be concerned with FMF and his own character because you don't know diddly-squat son.

Have a nice day.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
I've seen no such "transformation" in anyone in this forum.Being "conformed to the image of Christ" is an internal and spiritual experience.What you think you should see in this forum in terms of the "transformation" of character and such is far from the reality of what you can see in the real world.
If "becoming like Jesus" has no effect on one's character or behaviour and there is no evidence of it for others to witness even over a long period of time, and if it's just some kind a secret, non-observable, supernatural thing that doesn't translate in any kind of example to anyone else... well, that sounds a bit wishy washy to me. How does the 'you shall know them by their fruits' thing square with that?

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
What you think you should see in this forum in terms of the "transformation" of character and such is far from the reality of what you can see in the real world.
Indeed, I love and live among Christians in my everyday life in the real world. I see their character, the influence of their faith, their code for living, and their good works. That reality is very dfferent from the personas that people like sonship, Eladar and you exhibit here.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
You duel with words so much that you've boxed yourself into a corner of self deceit, believing the mischaracterizations you've mostly made up, and the misrepresentations of intent of those, exclusively Christians, posting in this forum, that you're incapable of realizing what you've done.
If you don't like my posting and disagree with what I say, that's fine by me.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
FMF better be concerned with FMF and his own character because you don't know diddly-squat son.
I think my character is fine. I am honest, forthright, consistent and tenacious. My views are pretty well thought out and presented with integrity and erudition. While a I can be a bit abrasive sometimes, I generally don't reply in kind to those who are abusive.

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship said
Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. - Jesus
Feel free to take another sabbatical and by doing so spare us your prideful sanctimonious holy(sic) ramblings.

You are not the voice of Jesus in this forum.
You are not “persecuted” any more than Robbie Carrobie was persecuted
You are a spite-filled religious blowhard who likes the sound of his own voice.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. - Jesus
Another dodge.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Oh the irony that you would know what "becoming like Jesus" means?

I wonder what Jesus might say to you for saying you don't believe He lives. "Oh the irony" perhaps?
Would Jesus call me an “ashole” as you did on my “error” thread? And on several other occasions.

Would Jesus use scripture to call people who disagreed with him an “enemy of God”?

Most here, if not everyone knows exactly what “becoming like Jesus” means, and we know it’s not happened to you or to sonship.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
@SecondSon

What was this FMF guy's most contributory thread on the Spirituality Forum ?
Do you recall it over the last decade?
And what was yours?

Moves
17 Feb 21

@secondson said
Well, I know FMF generates a lot of threads, but I don't recall one that I would consider a "spiritual" contribution.
What would say was your biggest spiritual contribution to this forum?

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship removed their quoted post
In my opinion you are one of the most joyless posters here. Furthermore I have no idea what it is you stand for, other than telling people about your cult, promoting the teachings of your revered cult leaders and sniping at people who find you a dry long winded ideologue.