1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 06:55
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    Sometimes I can hardly believe that I DO believe these things.
    I feel exactly the same about some of the things you say you believe.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 06:59
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    What are the top two or three deeply depraved moral dark things about Jesus ?
    Your version of Jesus, that is the version of Jesus who will be personally overseeing the the eternal torture of billions of people because they have failed to believe in him (in part because you were here posting your blog instead of evangelising) is without compare the most abhorrent, depraved and evil creature heard of by mankind.

Way way way worse than the accompanying version of Satan as detailed in the same portions of your chosen version of the Bible.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 12:36
    Many creatures were brought before Adam to name. But only one came out of what he himself was. This is a little window into the climax history of humanity on the earth. The long drama will end with a huge corporate group who in everything they are, come out of Christ. And then they are brought back to Christ to be in union totally with Christ.

This is the joyous journey every believer in Jesus is on. God is faithful who has called us and will do it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 12:462 edits
    The wife of Adam came out from Adam. Adam was called the man out of the earth - earthy. The second man is out of heaven, heavenly.

"The first man is out of the earth, earthly; the second man is out of heaven." (1 Cor. 15:47)

No wonder in Revelation the bride and wife of Christ is seen coming down out of heaven from God. This also means she comes out of the man out of heaven, Jesus.

"And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, Come here; I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (Rev. 21:8,9)

The New Jerusalem as an enlargement of the church is out of Christ totally and out of the man from heaven. He is the second man and "the last Adam" who became the life of the church - "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)

Do you see now why Adam's rib became Eve, Adam's wife?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:04
    @sonship said
    Isn't "Adam's Rib" simply a metaphor reflecting the gender politics of the time in which the writers lived?
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 21:34
    @sonship said
    The wife of Adam came out from Adam. Adam was called the man out of the earth - earthy. The second man is out of heaven, heavenly.

"The first man is out of the earth, earthly; the second man is out of heaven." (1 Cor. 15:47)

No wonder in Revelation the bride and wife of Christ is seen coming down out of heaven from God. This also means she comes out of th ...[text shortened]... a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)[/b]

The first question that comes to mind is: why doesn't the Bible ever mention BBQ sauce?

Or let's say turkey or chicken-salad sandwiches? I know ham sandwiches would be out of the question, but they did have oil, eggs, bread, and mustard back in the day.

Also, what grudge did the ancient Jews of Earth have against housecats?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 21:451 edit
    @sonship said
    Many creatures were brought before Adam to name. But only one came out of what he himself was. This is a little window into the climax history of humanity on the earth. The long drama will end with a huge corporate group who in everything they are, come out of Christ. And then they are brought back to Christ to be in union totally with Christ.

This is the joyous journey every believer in Jesus is on. God is faithful who has called us and will do it.
    Itroyu jalambra, sala bahim osh mavrekhu.

The Light that makes us and the whole Cosmos flower is not so petty as us petite flowers.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 23:541 edit
    @caesar-salad
    Itroyu jalambra, sala bahim osh mavrekhu.

Where does that proverb come from?
    And what language was that if I might ask?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 02:33

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree