1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:591 edit
    @sonship said
    That is not a typo. The PLURAL - RIGHTEOUSNESSES is not the objective justification by faith. The RIGHTEOUSNESSES are the righteous living stemming from the foundation of justification by faith.

This is the place where Rajk999's eyes have been liked plucked out and he cannot see.

The remnant bride prepared to receive the Lord Jesus back do so by preparing themselves ...[text shortened]... to the marriage dinner of the Lamb. And he said to me, These are the true words of God." (v.9) [/b]
    Again the bible says otherwise.

The bride of Christ is the New Jerusalem : .. Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (Revelation 21:9-10 KJV)

The body of Christ is the overcoming Christian Saints ; Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. (1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV)

Jesus said that the Christian Saints who are unworthy, will have their names struck from the book of life and are cast out of the Kingdom of God.

In your very own reference it says that Christian saints are CALLED TO THE MARRIAGE SUPPER. They are NOT called to be a bride and to be married to Christ. They are the BODY, not bride. There is no marriage between Christ and the body of Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 14:58
    @Rajk999

Bible readers please read Rajk999's post carefully so you will better understand me when I reply in detail to his errors.

It would be good for you look up the relevant passages YOURSELVES.
    That is that neither Rajk999 nor me should be taken on a whim.

Latter.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 16:071 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Bible readers please read Rajk999's post carefully so you will better understand me when I reply in detail to his errors.

It would be good for you look up the relevant passages YOURSELVES.
    That is that neither Rajk999 nor me should be taken on a whim.

Latter.
    Its a simple common sense matter. The body of Christ is the Church, or members or Christian Saints who have overcome, and are righteous. This is the BODY OF CHRIST. Christ will not marry HIS BODY. Whether symbolically or in reality it is nonsense and the bible does not support that.

In Revelation the angel specifically told John that the BRIDE is New Jerusalem. The idea that the church is going to marry Christ is utter nonsense. The worthy Christians are invited to a wedding feast. Thats it. Why do you want to marry Christ? If you are a worthy Christian your reward is eternal life with Christ, not to marry Christ. What a stupid doctrine, and totally contrary to the bible.

As usual you are going to produce pages and pages of nonsense, which nobody will read, in order to prove your point ... lol 😀
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 18:055 edits
    The serious Bible reader deserves to hear some reply to these observations.

The bride of Christ is the New Jerusalem : .. Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (Revelation 21:9-10 KJV)

Rajk999 is absolutely right to refer us to the vision John has of the holy city New Jerusalem coming down in chapter 21.

The TIME of this vision relates to the eternal age AFTER the 1,000 year millennial kingdom. The conclusion of that millennial period is covered in chapter 20.

Death the final enemy is dispensed with at the end of chapter 20. Then beginning chapter 21 the new heaven and new earth are seen -

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more. And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

But it this the very FIRST time the bride is mentioned? Is this bride mentioned as existing BEFORE the age of the new heaven and new earth?

Yes. In chapter 19 some of the saved are rewarded to be the bride accompanying Christ TO THE BATTLE OF ARMEGEDDON. That is surely at the end of the church age and at the beginning of the 1,000 year millennial reign. This is BEFORE the eternal age of the new universe.

1.) Revelation 19:7 shows the marriage dinner of some overcomers:
    " Let us rejoice and exult . . . for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And it was given to her that she should be clothed in
    fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.
    . . . Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriage dinner of the Lamb."

2.) Immediately after this about the marriage dinner we see the invited wife accompanying Jesus from heaven down to the earth to FIGHT against Antichrist at the battle of Armageddon.

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sits on it called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. (v.11)

And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean." (v.14)

The WEDDING garment in 19:8 for the wife's dinner celebration becomes the fighting armor of the armies coming down with Christ to bring in the millennial kingdom in 19:14.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 18:084 edits
    Compare verse 8 with verse 14:

"And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean ..." (v.8)

" . . . the armies which are in heaven followed Him . . . dressed in fine linen, white and clean." (v.14)

Her wedding garment becomes her fighting garment. This proves that SOME of the saved are rewarded to celebrate in heaven the marriage dinner and come down afterwards with Christ as the armies which are in heaven. The very qualifications for them to celebrate the marriage dinner becomes the fighting clothing to accompany Christ to bring in the millennial kingdom.

" . . . the armies which are in heaven follow Him . . . and out of His mouth proceeds a sharp sword, that with it He might smite the nations; and He will shepherd them with an iron rod; and He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. And He has on His garment and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." (v.14,15)

This proves that a remnant of rewarded believers as the wife of Christ exists before chapter 21 in the age of the new universe.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 18:221 edit
    1.) Some of the saints are raptured to celebrate the marriage dinner of the Lamb in heaven. "His wife has made herself ready"

2.) Then they accompany Christ down to earth after that celebration and are the armies.

3.) Christ, accompanied by the wife / army shepherds the nations with a strong kingship during the millennial kingdom.

So we cannot say there is no wife of Christ before chapter 21 concerning the new heaven and the new earth which is AFTER the millennial reign.

It is amazing how Rajk999 so eager to contradict me, shoots himself in the foot.
    He is the one always referring to those not qualified to enter into the kingdom of God. There's his proof and knee-jerk style he has to object.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 18:302 edits
    @Rajk999
    In Revelation the angel specifically told John that the BRIDE is New Jerusalem. The idea that the church is going to marry Christ is utter nonsense. The worthy Christians are invited to a wedding feast. Thats it. Why do you want to marry Christ? If you are a worthy Christian your reward is eternal life with Christ, not to marry Christ. What a stupid doctrine, and totally contrary to the bible.

" . . . for the MARRIAGE of the Lamb has come" says Rev. 19:7.

When did it come here? Did it come BEFORE the new heaven and new earth in chapter 21 or only AFTER?

We cannot say it is only afterwards because it "has come" before the battle of Armageddon. And that takes place in the old heaven and old earth at the beginning of the millennial kingdom. That battle closes out the current age.

The wife is a bride for a day. A day to the Lord is like a thousand years. So for the eternal wife to be a one day, one thousands year bride is understandable.

Rajk999 is wrong to say chapter 19 only speaks of a marriage feast. It speaks also of " . . . for the MARRIAGE of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." (v.7)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 18:36
    The wife and bride in chapter 19 before the new universe is of a remnant of overcomers.

The wife and bride of chapter 21 consist of every human that has ever indwelt with by Jesus Christ.

Eventually all who have ever had Christ in them are part of the marriage partner and spouse of Christ in eternity.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 22:44
    Rajk999 -

Which do you think is more real -
    human marriage between a man and a woman?
    the union between Christ and His redeemed church?

The former is a symbol of the more real and eternal.
    That is part of the point of this thread.

The marriage of Adam and Eve to be one is a symbol to an more eternal truth - the union of Christ and His redeemed people as New Jerusalem.

Now, this marriage between Christ and a collective, corporate city entity involves them ALL being made LIKE HIM. In spirit and soul and body they are to MATCH Christ. Only in His being Godhead are they not like Him.

But being totally sanctified, resurrected, transformed, glorified, and conformed to Him AND being built up into ONENESS in horizontal and vertical love they MATCH Him.

He prayed mightily for this and it MUST come to pass -

"That they all may be one; even as You Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us . . . I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (See John 17:21-23)

CAN ANYTHING STOP THIS MIGHTY PRAYER FROM BEING FULFILLED ??
    "NO!".
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 00:541 edit
    @sonship said
    Rajk999 -
    [quote] In Revelation the angel specifically told John that the BRIDE is New Jerusalem. The idea that the church is going to marry Christ is utter nonsense. The worthy Christians are invited to a wedding feast. Thats it. Why do you want to marry Christ? If you are a worthy Christian your reward is eternal life with Christ, not to marry Christ. What a stupid doctri ...[text shortened]... John 17:21-23)[/b]

CAN ANYTHING STOP THIS MIGHTY PRAYER FROM BEING FULFILLED ??
    "NO!".
    ... Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. (Revelation 19:9 KJV)

If you get invited to a marriage supper, dont be so out-of-place and presumptuous to think you are going to marry the bride ... moron.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 01:33
    @rajk999 said
    If you get invited to a marriage supper, dont be so out-of-place and presumptuous to think you are going to marry the bride ... moron.
    It would seem Witness Lee has got sonship's hopes up.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 10:37
    @fmf said
    Definitely. The man is gullible. Jesus had a parable about the very same event in Matt 22, but we all know sonship does not listen to Jesus.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 11:492 edits
    @FMF

Its too bad that maybe nobody ever gave you anything to hope for.

The hope is there is the New Testament. The book of Revelation was penned long before the 20th century.

Here is the basis for our Christian hope.

"And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriage dinner of the Lamb.

And he said to me, THESE are the true words of God." (Rev. 19:9)

"[T]he true words of God" has gotten the hopes up for many Christians.

Of course it has dashed the hopes of many a atheist at the same time.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 11:51
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Its too bad that maybe nobody ever gave you anything to hope for.

The hope is there is the New Testament. The book of Revelation was penned long before the 20th century.

"And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriag ...[text shortened]... d." (Rev. 19:9)

"[T]he true words of God" has gotten the hopes up of many Christians.
    What does this have to do with what Rajk999 said about being a guest at a wedding supper?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 11:54
    @sonship said

"And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriage dinner of the Lamb.

And he said to me, THESE are the true words of God." (Rev. 19:9)
    Your hope [for immortality] is based on a book that declares itself to be true, then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree