"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So no more usage of the term 'nominal Christians' then? Or even Christian?
well i dont know, if there are going to be double standards?

rc

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Wheels off. Pants down. Yet again.
LOL oh dear FMF, please consider the words of the great Cuban Chess Master, Jose Raul Capablanca,

Most players ... do not like losing, and consider defeat as something shameful. This is a wrong attitude. Those who wish to perfect themselves must regard their losses as lessons and learn from them what sorts of things to avoid in the future.

Thus even if we lose (which I dont think I have because I was not competing with you) our process is one of enlightenment πŸ˜€

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL oh dear FMF, please consider the words of the great Cuban Chess Master, Jose Raul Capablanca,

Most players ... do not like losing, and consider defeat as something shameful. This is a wrong attitude. Those who wish to perfect themselves must regard their losses as lessons and learn from them what sorts of things to avoid in the future.

Thu ...[text shortened]... I dont think I have because I was not competing with you) our process is one of enlightenment πŸ˜€
Heh, he wasn't good at following his own advice, especially after he lost the title to Alekhine.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Heh, he wasn't good at following his own advice, especially after he lost the title to Alekhine.
What are you trying to say Gambit man? Alekhine ran away with the title, too scared to give Capa a rematch.

Moves
27 Apr 14

then perhaps i also need to make a reappraisal of my use of all encompassing appellations which confine swathes of people to a single designation rather than looking upon them as individuals.
You certainly do.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You certainly do.
Why dont you try to look at your own faults? who knows it may make you a better Christian?

Moves
27 Apr 14

Why dont you try to look at your own faults? who knows it may make you a better Christian?
Don't you mean a better "nominal" Christian?

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Apr 14

What do you mean by "a better Christian"? Aren't they all sinners?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Apr 14

well i dont know, if there are going to be double standards?
Double standards? This is your fandango idea, no one else is daft enough to follow it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

You're no Jesus Christ. πŸ˜•

Be Imitators of God

"Ephesians 5:1-17 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. 3 But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; 4 and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. 14 For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.” 15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." NASB

SG, all Believers in Christ are works in progress in time. Thanks for your reminder. Please feel free to reboot it at any time.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So do you believe in Hinn's miracles or not?
Originally posted by FMF
U.S evangelist Benny Hinn has reportedly performed hundreds and hundreds of miracles ~ maybe thousands ~ in front of perhaps tens of million of Americans on his many "Miracle Crusades" in sports stadiums across the USA (or in the televised versions). Do you believe in Hinn's miracles?

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
God’s provision for the Church Age includes two forms of spiritual gifts for the communication of God’s Word; Evangelist who is sent to unbelievers with the gospel message to fulfill the desire to hear and believe upon the Gospel of Jesus Christ; and Pastor-Teacher who is sent to the believers of the Church to satisfy their hunger for learning God’s Word. Period.

Originally posted by FMF
So do you believe in Hinn's miracles or not?

The gift of Evangelist is a communication gift given for the purpose of presenting accurate gospel information to groups of unbelievers (different from the Gift of Pastor-Teacher, which is both an academic and communication gift). Neither includes the gift of miracles which was a temporary gift given to a few by the Holy Spirit prior to the completion of the canon of scripture. "Benny Hinn" I've never heard of though I did enjoy Benny Hill's comedy routines set in the UK on PBS Television. If I required heart or brain surgery my appointment would be made with the FMF Outpatient Clinic before calling Hinn.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
27 Apr 14

What are you trying to say Gambit man? Alekhine ran away with the title, too scared to give Capa a rematch.
There were several attempts at negotiation. None succeeded. Capa was intractable as Alekhine during the negotiations, so the rematch never came off.

I suspect it was due to the bitterness of the first loss that he was unable to negotiate successfully.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
27 Apr 14

[b]Be Imitators of God

"Ephesians 5:1-17 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. 3 But immorality or any impurity or greed m ...[text shortened]... works in progress in time. Thanks for your reminder. Please feel free to reboot it at any time.[/b]
Jesus usually added his own take to words others quoted, or expanded on the words he quoted.

For example, he told the Pharisees that Moses only allowed divorce because people were hard-hearted. He said that, unless your wife cheats on you, you commit adultery by divorcing her and marrying another.

While I don't agree with that, at least it shows that he thought for himself and did not merely toe the Mosaic line. He was not content to just let quotes speak for him.

You are.

F

Moves
27 Apr 14

"Benny Hinn" I've never heard of though I did enjoy Benny Hill's comedy routines set in the UK on PBS Television.
You'd never heard of Benny Hinn? I don't believe you, Grampy Bobby.

The evidence of his alleged miracles ~ maybe many thousands of them ~ is much stronger and more plentiful than the evidence of Christ's miracles.

The eye witnesses are Christians numbering in the tens of millions. The evidence is recorded on many hundreds of hours of footage of the miracles in real time.

And your response in the face of all this eye witness evidence is that you had never heard of him?

How does your evidence of Christ's miracles outweigh the evidence of Benny Hinn's miracles?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 14

Jesus usually added his own take to words others quoted, or expanded on the words he quoted.

For example, he told the Pharisees that Moses only allowed divorce because people were hard-hearted. He said that, unless your wife cheats on you, you commit adultery by divorcing her and marrying another.

While I don't agree with that, at least it shows th ...[text shortened]... not merely toe the Mosaic line. He was not content to just let quotes speak for him.

You are.
Thanks for your reply.