"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You'd never heard of Benny Hinn? I don't believe you, Grampy Bobby.

The evidence of his alleged miracles ~ maybe many thousands of them ~ is much stronger and more plentiful than the evidence of Christ's miracles.

The eye witnesses are Christians numbering in the tens of millions. The evidence is recorded on many hundreds of hours of footage of the mirac ...[text shortened]... ?

How does your evidence of Christ's miracles outweigh the evidence of Benny Hinn's miracles?
Think whatever you wish.

F

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Think whatever you wish.
OK, put my accusation of fibbing to the forum to one side [although it still stands]. Don't use it to dodge the question, which is "How does your evidence of Christ's miracles outweigh the evidence of Benny Hinn's miracles?"

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
What do you mean by "a better Christian"? Aren't they all sinners?
someone that is more loving and compassionate, empathetic etc in other words 'Christ like'. In this instance less inclined to look at the faults of others and instead focus on their own. I dont see why the fact that we are all sinners should negate the ability to be more 'Christ like', isn't that what Christianity is all about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Wheels off. Pants down. Yet again.
I hear this at RHP every so often.

But I have NO idea what it means.

Care to enlighten a "clueless American"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne

My guess is that it means something like ...

Waiting to get a spanky, again?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
My guess is that it means something like ...

Waiting to get a spanky, again?
ok Hinds, ill help you out by putting it in perspective and cultural context.

You are a Hill Billy right? What happens when a wheel from from your pickup truck falls off as you are taking turnips to market? Thats correct, its incapacitated, busted and broken.

Now what happens when you go to the outhouse and the wind blows it down and you are caught with your trousers down to your knees urinating when a Sunday school outing passes by on their way to have a picnic? That's correct, its embarrassing.

So putting all of these elements together so as to form a picture of the whole we see that wheels off pants down means that someone's argument is busted and its embarrassing for them!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok Hinds, ill help you out by putting it in perspective and cultural context.

You are a Hill Billy right? What happens when a wheel from from your pickup truck falls off as you are taking turnips to market? Thats correct, its incapacitated, busted and broken.

Now what happens when you go to the outhouse and the wind blows it down and you are ...[text shortened]... hat wheels off pants down means that someone's argument is busted and its embarrassing for them!
Yeah. I get that.

Were you really embarrassed?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14

Yeah. I get that.
brilliant, I taught you something after years of trying 😀

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14
2 edits

Yeah. I get that.

Were you really embarrassed?
yes i was embarrassed for proper knob and fmf 😀 They were both caught lauding the making of so called 'rice Christians'. Usually they have some good arguments but mostly they rely on personal attacks and retrospective trolling, that is casting up something you have said in the past with the intent of discrediting you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 14

yes i was embarrassed for proper knob and fmf 😀 They were both caught lauding the making of so called 'rice Christians'. Usually they have some good arguments but mostly they rely on personal attacks and retrospective trolling, that is casting up something you have said in the past with the intent of discrediting you.
So the embarrassment is on them, in your opinion. However, I doubt if that is what FMF meant. Anyway, thanks for the clear explanation. You might make a good redneck instructor if you explain things more like that.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14
2 edits

So the embarrassment is on them, in your opinion. However, I doubt if that is what FMF meant. Anyway, thanks for the clear explanation. You might make a good redneck instructor if you explain things more like that.
Nah its just bravado on their part, taunting etc they're good ol boys really yeehaaaw!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 14

Nah its just bravado on their part, taunting etc they're good ol boys really yeehaaaw!
So you believe they are not really serious? Are they ever serious on here, and how can you tell?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 14

So you believe they are not really serious? Are they ever serious on here, and how can you tell?
oh they are serious about busting your arguments by any means but about being serious and how one can tell, its hard to say, i dunno, tone i suppose.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 14

Great sidebar between robbie and Ron. Learned a few things about forum behaviours I never knew. Thanks to you both.

Moves
28 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne

"Wheels off" is a RHP colloquialism frequently and regularly applied to robbie carrobie or his sick-note side-kick Galveston75 during one of their threaded explorations and subsequent exposure into dodgy doctrine, woolly circular reasoning, blatant topic avoidance, intellectual dishonesty or hubris; whereby the initial stabilising factors of their premise are individually and publicly deconstructed. The phrase is of unknown origin but generally accredited to FMF or Proper Knob in this scenario.

"pants off" is this context is English in origin and frequently used by divegeester in reference to the the same above mentioned combatants. The phenomena usually occurs subsequent to one one or more of the above mentioned "wheels" being publicly and sometimes painfully removed. Its exact meaning is unclear but general imagery includes the removal of ones underpants and the wearing of them on ones head. Other more sexually deviant images may come to mind but this has not been confirmed.