1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 03:51
    Originally posted by finnegan
    An ad hominem response does not deal with the content of my argument in any way. It is just a rhetorical trick to flim flam your way out of the problem without answering anything. Never mind. As you have failed to respond, my argument stands untouched.
    You don't understand what an ad Hominem means. She simply said she would not expect you to understand something with which you have no familiarity.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 03:58
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    We say this because we can seldom get any two Christians to agree on almost
    any facet of their religion/s. And what they say is often self contradictory.

This forum is full of Christians arguing about what there religion is, or how to be a
    good member of it. You don't share the same views on what it means to be a Christian
    as other people on thi ...[text shortened]... rspective, 'Christians' are not reliable in describing what their faith is
    or what it entails.
    I agree with all the Christians on here concerning the major doctrines. It is side doctrines that have resulted in denominations within the Christian church that we have different interpretations. Of course there are some cult groups, like JWs, that do not agree on the major doctrines that we don't view as real Christians and the JWs are not even Christian in name.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '15 05:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... JWs are not even Christian in name.
    And Baptists. Methodist, Penticostals, Catholics, Prebytareians are?

What is the name of the Church you attend?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '15 05:55
    I agree with all the Christians on here concerning the major doctrines. It is side doctrines that have resulted in denominations within the Christian church that we have different interpretations. Of course there are some cult groups, like JWs, that do not agree on the major doctrines that we don't view as real Christians and the JWs are not even Christian in name.
    In your opinion, what are the "major doctrines" that you agree with all Christians on, and what are the "side doctrines" that have divided the denominations?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 07:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In your opinion, what are the "major doctrines" that you agree with all Christians on, and what are the "side doctrines" that have divided the denominations?
    I am not going to bother with all that so don't act so stupid.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '15 08:55
    I am not going to bother with all that so don't act so stupid.
    I'm showing you respect by bothering to engage with you about comments you are making and all you do is insult and abuse me.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 15:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm showing you respect by bothering to engage with you about comments you are making and all you do is insult and abuse me.
    All you do is insult my intelligence by asking me to jump through your hoops to please your ego. 😏
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '15 15:17
    All you do is insult my intelligence by asking me to jump through your hoops to please your ego. 😏
    A scooby snack perhaps Jonah? here boy!
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '15 16:36
    Come sir, to insult your intelligence he would first need to locate it. 😏
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '15 21:23
    What you call "jumping through hoops" others call engagment in discussion.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '15 21:542 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 May '15 22:36
    You don't understand what an ad Hominem means. She simply said she would not expect you to understand something with which you have no familiarity.
    Suzianne's post was:
    Of course you would say this. The fact is that you simply do not understand what their faith entails, since you are not of that faith. Judgement from an outsider means little indeed. One cannot expect to understand what one does not know. Again, Jesus was teaching men, not God. And that's only one facet of what you do not understand.
    The italics is my emphasis. I'm not endorsing what finnegan wrote as I haven't been following this thread particularly, but this statement is an ad hominem. To paraphrase the above: "You can't criticize me because you are not me.". It's ridiculous, by that argument the only people who could judge mafia trials would be the mafia - as normal judges aren't in the mafia and don't know what they're judging. If Suzianne thinks finnegan is wrong she should be able to do better than that.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '15 22:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 23:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Suzianne's post was:[quote]Of course you would say this. The fact is that you simply do not understand what their faith entails, since you are not of that faith. Judgement from an outsider means little indeed. One cannot expect to understand what one does not know. Again, Jesus was teaching men, not God. And that's only one facet of what you do no ...[text shortened]... hey're judging. If Suzianne thinks finnegan is wrong she should be able to do better than that.
    No, that is not an ad hominem.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 23:171 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Matthew 7:15-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Islam Produces Bad Fruit

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree