Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
What is it you find "fascinating" about the two people you are corresponding to on a forum, corresponding back with you? You seem edgy and paranoid as FMF says; perhaps you see demons on your bedposts at night.
pfffft... you're trying too hard to be tough and scary looking. It's not working.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Apr 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
pfffft... you're trying too hard to be tough and scary looking. It's not working.
I responding to your comment πŸ˜•

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15
2 edits

Originally posted by moonbus
I sometimes give thumbs-up to a post which I think is particularly apt or well-formulated, even when I disagree with its content.
This was the second time I've given FMF a thumbs up... but telling him why I would add a number to his score is less than useless.

I usually don't bother with looking at or using the thumbs... it's mostly useful for people who don't want to risk posting anything themselves, but still want to be involved in some way. That's why I don't necessarily believe it's used to manipulate public opinion, although it can appear to be a tactic used for intimidating an opponent... it all depends on who is thumbing and why they do it.

There are of course other reasons a number might show up (in either box), such as the reason you gave for thumbing up a message.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

I responding to your comment πŸ˜•
I responding to you responding to my comment. πŸ™„

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

I have a greesemonkey script in Firefox that is set to automatically thumb down every Lemon Lime post.

Twice.
Apparently that isn't working either.

Mr Romance strikes out again

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Apr 15

I responding to you responding to my comment. πŸ™„
You were going to explain why you found it "fascinating" that two people were now responding to you....

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

Thank you Mr Romance, but apparently that doesn't work either
πŸ™„

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

You were going to explain why you found it "fascinating" that two people were now responding to you....
You were going to explain why you think I was going to explain this... to you.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Apr 15

http://www.domitall.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/monk005.jpg

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Apr 15

You were going to explain why you think I was going to explain this... to you.
Thanks for the debate.

F

Moves
29 Apr 15
1 edit

I usually don't bother with looking at or using the thumbs... it's mostly useful for people who don't want to risk posting anything themselves, but still want to be involved in some way. That's why I don't necessarily believe it's used to manipulate public opinion, although it can appear to be a tactic used for intimidating an opponent... it all depends on who is thumbing and why they do it.
Yesterday, you interpreted two thumbs down by persons unknown as being a sign of them trying to "exercise control" over you. Today you're saying it's more likely they are persons unknown "who don't want to risk posting anything themselves" ~ presumably because they are afraid of doing so in some way - at least in your mind - although, you suggest, they might just be seeking to "manipulate public opinion" against you or even "intimidate" you.

Sheer paranoid nonsense but interesting nevertheless. It certainly belongs here on a thread where some people are discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?'

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
30 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Yesterday, you interpreted two thumbs down by persons unknown as being a sign of them trying to "exercise control" over you. Today you're saying it's more likely they are persons unknown "who don't want to risk posting anything themselves" ~ presumably because they are afraid of doing so in some way - at least in your mind - although, you suggest, they might jus ...[text shortened]... belongs here on a thread where some people are discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?'
... people are discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?'

So now you're a Christian? When did this happen? 😲 πŸ˜• πŸ˜›

πŸ™„

F

Moves
30 Apr 15

[b]... people are discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?'

So now you're a Christian? When did this happen? 😲 πŸ˜• πŸ˜›

πŸ™„[/b]
No. Several Christians on this thread have been discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?' which is of course a key aspect of the thread title. And, as I have clearly argued (and it has been demonstrated by some Christians too, perhaps inadvertently), paranoia and insecurity seem to be what underpins their perception and characterization of these "attacks"

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
30 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
No. Several Christians on this thread have been discussing 'Why are we Christians under attack?' which is of course a key aspect of the thread title. And, as I have clearly argued (and it has been demonstrated by some Christians too, perhaps inadvertently), paranoia and insecurity seem to be what underpins their perception and characterization of these "attacks"
You have a point... although the 'attacks' coming from you and divegeester seem to come across as more of a comedy routine. But maybe this is just how it appears to me, and there really are Christians here who are deeply offended by you and your co-horts.

But I think the word 'attack' is probably too strong a word to be using here, because it suggests you think your words have the force of an attack... an attack able to disable and disorient, and cause Christians to doubt what they believe. In other words, you're giving yourselves too much credit for what you call 'attacks' on Christians.

F

Moves
30 Apr 15

You have a point... although the 'attacks' coming from you and divegeester seem to come across as more of a comedy routine. But maybe this is just how it appears to me, and there really are Christians here who are deeply offended by you and your co-horts.
Suzianne is a case in point, as can be seen from the first couple of pages of this thread.