Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
30 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Where did I say you were homosexual?

Edit: Freudian slip
I don't know, where? Did you? FYI I'm not, so you just keep your hands to yourself there buster... er, I mean Bluster.

No wait, that's not right. You're Bluff and he's Bluster. Sometimes I get the two of you mixed up... not that the two of you aren't already mixed up, but you know what I mean*.

* no you don't

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
30 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
I don't know, where? Did you? FYI I'm not, so you just keep your hands to yourself there buster... er, I mean Bluster.

No wait, that's not right. You're Bluff and he's Bluster. Sometimes I get the two of you mixed up... not that the two of you aren't already mixed up, but you know what I mean*.

* no you don't
I read your post as you playing up that I thought you were a powerful gay. Sorry - genuine mistake, a Freudian slip perhaps.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
But it is not me who's calling my contributions to these debates and discussions "attacks". It is Christians like yourself and Suzianne who characterize the contributions of people who have different beliefs as you as being "attacks". This is why I have been suggesting that your perception of dissent and disagreement is rooted in paranoia and insecurity. When yo ...[text shortened]... ho has introduced the words "attack", "disable", "intimidate", "control" and disorient", not me.
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's probably a duck."

Calling it a fish doesn't make it a fish.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
01 May 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's probably a duck."

Calling it a fish doesn't make it a fish.
I noticed that you like to take the occasional pop at me Suzianne, when you feel I've overstepped some invisible line of protocol.

However I don't remember you once stepping in to correct RJHinds when he told me I deserved to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in eternal burning in hell.

To my thinking what he said to me (and also Robbie carrobie accused me of in the lynchings thread) are two of the most despicable things one person (let alone Christians) can say to another, and yet you said nothing.

Why is that?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

I noticed that you like to take the occasional pop at me Suzianne, when you feel I've overstepped some invisible line of protocol.

However I don't remember you once stepping in to correct RJHinds when he told me I deserved to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in eternal burning in hell.

To my thinking what he said to me (and also Robbi ...[text shortened]... one person (let alone Christians) can say to another, and yet you said nothing.

Why is that?
You worry too much. Of course RJHinds was wrong, 'we' all know that. But I think he may have simply misspoke. You won't burn in hell forever, that's what the lake of fire is for. So take your parka and sunglasses with you.... hell is a cold dark and lonely place, but the lake of fire will warm you up afterwards. So relax, you have nothing to worry about.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
01 May 15

You worry too much. Of course RJHinds was wrong, 'we' all know that. But I think he may have simply misspoke. You won't burn in hell forever, that's what the lake of fire is for. So take your parka and sunglasses with you.... hell is a cold dark and lonely place, but the lake of fire will warm you up afterwards. So relax, you have nothing to worry about.
Are you deliberately missing the point? You don't seem particulary dim so you must be. I'll explain again anyway:

I don't believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering
That Ron Hinds thinks I deserve to go there, doesn't mean I will go there, deserve to go there or that the experience he believes in is truth.
What I'm interested in is his "spirit", the condition of which that would make him say such a thing and the other Christians here who like you, even though they disagree, will not speak out against him. All I've done is disagreed with him.

I'm interested in why Robbie carrobie would tell me that he takes joy from telling me that I'm as reprehensible the perpetrators of the lynchings. Seriously, he takes joy from saying that. Don't you find that a bit weird?

These are the dynamics that interest me. Why religionists will clump together and abandon their principles to be united against a common foe. It's fascinating behaviour.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

Are you deliberately missing the point? You don't seem particulary dim so you must be. I'll explain again anyway:

That Ron Hinds thinks I deserve to go there, doesn't mean I will go there, deserve to go there or that the experience he believes in is truth.
What I'm interested in is his "spirit", ...[text shortened]... ther and abandon their principles to be united against a common foe. It's fascinating behaviour.

Yes, i know you don't believe in that 'doctrine'. But I've asked you several times if you believe in the existence of hell or not, and you've avoided answering that question.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

I don't believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering[/b]

Yes, i know you don't believe in that 'doctrine'. But I've asked you several times if you believe in the existence of hell or not, and you've avoided answering that question.[/b]
Haven't meant to sorry. I don't know, quite possibly not and certainly not as a deliberately created and eternally maintained place where the God I believe in will keep billions of people alive and watch them suffer eternal torment.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

Haven't meant to sorry. I don't know, quite possibly not and certainly not as a deliberately created and eternally maintained place where the God I believe in will keep billions of people alive and watch them sufferer eternal torment.
I've often wondered what the "worm" is. If I remember correctly, in the KJ version it says "...and the worm dieth not."

The ESV version of this (Mark 9:45-48) says:

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Note the quotation marks in verse 48, Jesus is quoting scripture from the OT. As I pointed out before, he warned that it's better to fear him (God) than to fear men who can kill the body... because God is able to cast both body and soul into hell. It doesn't paint a pretty picture, but it's clear enough what Jesus was saying. You can read whatever you want into this, but frankly I don't see much room for misinterpretation.

Have you ever seen a worm squirming and writhing in pain before it dies?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

What I'm interested in is his "spirit", ...[text shortened]... ther and abandon their principles to be united against a common foe. It's fascinating behaviour.
Southern Baptists are well known for their blunt "fire and brimstone" approach to the gospel, but this doesn't mean they are misinformed. If you are offended by a Southern Baptists approach to the gospel you are free to look for information from some other source.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 May 15

To my thinking what he said to me (and also Robbi ...[text shortened]... one person (let alone Christians) can say to another, and yet you said nothing.

Why is that?
Let me ask you in return, when was the last time YOU came to the defense of another poster? You only seem to take umbrage when it is *you* they attack.

So your calling me out for not defending you against Hinds is self-serving, at best.

Now, let me continue on to answer your question.

You are quite prepared (and willing) to defend yourself. I don't often think you need anyone's help. Especially against a "sack of kittens" debater like RJH.

What *you* may think of their statements is not what *everyone* thinks of their statements. Again, I'm saying that you think their statements are in line with Hitler's statements only because they are directed *at you*. It's the ONLY time you ever take umbrage in this forum. You yourself might even say to another poster in a similar situation, "What the matter? You can dish it out but can't take it?"

Plus, I don't personally believe in the "eternal torment" of the lake of fire. As I've always said, I believe it is the "second death", or the death of the soul. The only "torment" involved is the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" from finally understanding one's sins against their Creator, and that they know they will be eternally separated from Him. So it's not exactly one of "the most despicable things one person (let alone Christians) can say to another". I let differences of faith between Christians go, because we'll all soon find out, won't we? I also don't exactly think that what a poster like Hinds says in this forum is exactly going to "ruin" your day, if you know what I mean.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 May 15

Southern Baptists are well known for their blunt "fire and brimstone" approach to the gospel, but this doesn't mean they are misinformed. If you are offended by a Southern Baptists approach to the gospel you are free to look for information from some other source.
Haven't you heard? Everyone who doesn't agree with you is "misinformed".

Or "deluded".

It's a forum staple.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

Haven't meant to sorry. I don't know, quite possibly not and certainly not as a deliberately created and eternally maintained place where the God I believe in will keep billions of people alive and watch them suffer eternal torment.
I think especially atheists make far too much of this "watch them suffering eternally" business. If the typical Lake of Fire espoused by most Christians is a place of eternal torment, then I don't imagine God will be "watching them suffer eternally". More like God will turn His face from them and leave them to suffer alone, cut off entirely from Him.

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 May 15

lol ... "sack of kittens" ! You made my day, Suzi.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Haven't you heard? Everyone who doesn't agree with you is "misinformed".

Or "deluded".

It's a forum staple.
The "you are delusional" claim comes from those who have judged themselves as being more intelligent and rational than you, so it actually reflects irrational opinion rather than rational thought.

After my beliefs have been discovered (or revealed) I'll often times hear that I'm "delusional"... but this is one of the delusions they have fostered within themselves. So it seems fitting for me to be amused by this rather than offended.

I define delusion as "self generated illusion", so if they judge you as being delusional this is actually what they believe. It's often meant as an insult, but they sincerely think you believe in something that can't possibly exist.