1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 20:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My, your a hateful little rat aren't you?
    Why? Don't like being confronted with yourself and your messed up beliefs?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 21:28
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Why? Don't like being confronted with yourself and your messed up beliefs?
    Not at all, I just see the hateful venom spewing out of you.
    Get a life pal, why you hanging at a spirituality forum?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 21:50
    Not at all, I just see the hateful venom spewing out of you.
    Get a life pal, why you hanging at a spirituality forum?
    I'm interested in people's wacky believes.

You?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 21:58
    I'm interested in people's wacky believes.

You?
    I enjoy chess, and looking at different beliefs myself. From all I have seen here, it just confirms what I already know.
    I have learned a thing or two here, but not much.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 01:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If I chime in and say that I think Benny Hinn is a charlatan and a fraud will that get me into even more hot water with the fundies here?
    I'm a fundy and I don't get into Benny Hinn.

As for his credibility, that is between him and his maker.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 01:091 edit
    “According to scripture” is as meaningful as “according to Lord of the Rings”, so let’s skip that.

“The dead rising” and a patient who makes an unexpected recovery are two entirely different things. You’re reaching very, very far.

Show me my grandfather walking about, after having been dead for 20+ years and I’d be impressed.

Amazing story th ...[text shortened]... cept that as clear divine intervention. Anything to strengthen your weak sense of belief, right?
    According to scripture, Jesus raised a man who had been dead for 3 days.

Is that enough time?

Please continue to prove my point by saying no. It amuses me. 😵
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 01:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm a fundy and I don't get into Benny Hinn.

As for his credibility, that is between him and his maker.
    How can a preacher's credibility only be "between him and his creator"?

The fact that you don't "get him" means that he had no credibility with you and that I think he is a fraud and a charlatan means he has no credibility with me either.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 01:222 edits
    God will prove Himself
    Ultimately, whether or not you believe the Bible is up to you. If you
    diligently seek God, you will find Him.
    When God makes a promise, you can bet He will keep it. Scripture is clear that if you seek, you will find (Deut. 4:29).
    Of course, “seek” means seek, and God responds to a
    serious and diligent effort (Prov. 2:1-6; Matt. 7:7-11).
    There are millions of Christians on the earth, and each of them has a different story of how he or she came to the faith. History is filled with glowing testimonies of people who sought for the Lord Jesus Christ and whose lives have been touched and changed by him.
    You do not need to be “down and out” to find God. All He requires
    is that you genuinely want to know Him.
    God and the things of God will not become clear to you if you examine them from a distance as if you were considering some object in a store window you were thinking of purchasing. People who remain distant or just want to know about God so they can “decide” whether to believe and obey Him will never learn the truth about Him. God created the heavens and the earth, and He made the rules. We are God’s creation; He is not our creation. Many people wonder if the Bible is really God’s Word. Jesus Christ gave us clear instructions on how to find out for ourselves if God’s Word is true:
    John 7:17
    If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my
    teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

This verse is very clear: the key to knowing God is choosing to do His
    will. As you begin to obey God, He will reveal Himself and His Word to
    you. Once you begin to seek and obey God, things about Him that were
    unclear become very understandable. God designed things such that
    obedience is the great key to knowing Him.
    John 14:21
    Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who
    loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too
    will love him and show myself to him.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 06:21
    No, not at all.. Don't know much about [Benny Hinn]. But I am aware that anyone can fall..
    Andrew Wommack is the real deal. I have followed his ministry for some time now.
    Two questions about Andrew Wommack. [1] Why would God/Jesus take away his ability to perform miracles just as he tried to demonstrate them under laboratory conditions, and [2] has he personally made money ~ directly or indirectly ~ out of performing these "miracles" in front of paying audiences?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 07:54
    According to scripture, Jesus raised a man who had been dead for 3 days.

Is that enough time?

Please continue to prove my point by saying no. It amuses me. 😵
    Yes, that would be long enough to be thoroughly impressed.

Unfortunately, you have nothing to proof this, do you? Well, yes, you have the bible, and you've been told that whatever the bible says is true, and you being you accept whatever you've been told by a certain group of people. But that doesn't quite work for the thinking part of the world.

But do keep me informed about other wondrous events for which you have no proof whatsoever but that you are willing to accept without question. That way we can keep each other amused.

Oh, by the way, since you are talking to me now, in another thread you mentioned that we should be intolerant of Islam, but you've failed to explain how that should be done even though you've been asked multiple times. Could you go back to that thread and answer that? Thanks man.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 07:55
    I enjoy chess, and looking at different beliefs myself. From all I have seen here, it just confirms what I already know.
    I have learned a thing or two here, but not much.
    It's called confirmation bias. Look it up.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 11:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Two questions about Andrew Wommack. [1] Why would God/Jesus take away his ability to perform miracles just as he tried to demonstrate them under laboratory conditions, and [2] has he personally made money ~ directly or indirectly ~ out of performing these "miracles" in front of paying audiences?
    You make it sound like a show....not worth responding to.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 15:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think your questions were already answered in my earlier post...
    But in case you missed it, here it is again....

God will prove Himself
    Ultimately, whether or not you believe the Bible is up to you. If you
    diligently seek God, you will find Him.
    When God makes a promise, you can bet He will keep it. Scripture is clear that if you seek, you will find (Deut. 4:29).
    Of course, “seek” means seek, and God responds to a
    serious and diligent effort (Prov. 2:1-6; Matt. 7:7-11).
    There are millions of Christians on the earth, and each of them has a different story of how he or she came to the faith. History is filled with glowing testimonies of people who sought for the Lord Jesus Christ and whose lives have been touched and changed by him.
    You do not need to be “down and out” to find God. All He requires
    is that you genuinely want to know Him.
    God and the things of God will not become clear to you if you examine them from a distance as if you were considering some object in a store window you were thinking of purchasing. People who remain distant or just want to know about God so they can “decide” whether to believe and obey Him will never learn the truth about Him. God created the heavens and the earth, and He made the rules. We are God’s creation; He is not our creation. Many people wonder if the Bible is really God’s Word. Jesus Christ gave us clear instructions on how to find out for ourselves if God’s Word is true:
    John 7:17
    If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my
    teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
    This verse is very clear: the key to knowing God is choosing to do His
    will. As you begin to obey God, He will reveal Himself and His Word to
    you. Once you begin to seek and obey God, things about Him that were
    unclear become very understandable. God designed things such that
    obedience is the great key to knowing Him.
    John 14:21
    Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who
    loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too
    will love him and show myself to him.

God makes the rules, not man.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 15:20
    Yes, that would be long enough to be thoroughly impressed.

Unfortunately, you have nothing to proof this, do you? Well, yes, you have the bible, and you've been told that whatever the bible says is true, and you being you accept whatever you've been told by a certain group of people. But that doesn't quite work for the thinking part of the world.
    ...[text shortened]... you've been asked multiple times. Could you go back to that thread and answer that? Thanks man.
    I think you are lying.

I can just hear it now, it was a ruse. He was never really dead for 3 days. It's not really him etc.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 16:032 edits
    I think you are lying.

I can just hear it now, it was a ruse. He was never really dead for 3 days. It's not really him etc.
    Maybe God can try it. It’s easy. He can certainly do some magic tricks that are so amazing that even the most die-hard atheist will scratch his head in bewilderment.

But, yeahhhhhhhhh, he isn't doing that, is he? Nope, nope, nope. The most amazing things he has apparently done happened 2000 years ago and we (you) just have to believe it because our (your) mommy and poppy say it’s true because the bible says so.

What a shame that such an all-powerful being shows his amazing talents so scarcely.

Meh, maybe one of these days Jesus will indeed come back to earth and shatter all doubts and disbelief. That’s going to happen right? J will return? When? Today? Tomorrow? Next year? After you and I are already dead?

Yeahhhhhhh...... I’ll be waiting for those magic tricks to appear, Whodey. You will let me know when I can expect something, right? When the only logical explanation is Goddidit.

We'll wait together, Whodey. Might be a couple of years, but it'll happen. Just be patient, buddy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree