1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 02:311 edit
    Ok kids. For all of you who do not think that Christ is the only way to God, why then did Christ say that he laid down his life for us? I mean, what was the purpose if there were a number of equal or better choices? Did he do it for kicks? If Christ were only but one of many prophets of God and nothing more, why did he lay down his life? For what?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 02:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok kids. For all of you who do not think that Christ is the only way to God, why then did Christ say that he laid down his life for us? I mean, what was the purpose if there were a number of equal or better choices? Did he do it for kicks? If Christ were only but one of many prophets of God and nothing more, why did he lay down his life? For what?
    What did Jesus say he wanted man to do?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '07 03:151 edit
    He was deluded.

EDIT - I guess you're looking for Muslim and other theist responses; people who believe Jesus was a prophet or something, right?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 03:211 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Matthew 28: 16 Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountains where Jesus had arranged to meet them. When they saw him they fell down before him, though some hesitated. Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commandments I gave you. And know that I am with you always, yes, to the end of time."

Now that I have answered your question perhaps you will answer mine? So I will ask again, what significance did Christ have in laying down his life? In John 10:17 Chrst says he lays down his life in order that he should take it up again. For what purpose?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 03:42
    Matthew 28: 16 Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountains where Jesus had arranged to meet them. When they saw him they fell down before him, though some hesitated. Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptize them ...[text shortened]... Chrst says he lays down his life in order that he should take it up again. For what purpose?
    You didn't really answer the question.

I see this as the key phrase:
    teach them to observe all the commandments I gave you

What are the commandments that Jesus wanted observed?
    or again
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 03:55

or again
    He said that I am the way, the truth and the life and that NO man comes to the FAther but by me.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 03:591 edit
    He said that I am the way, the truth and the life and that NO man comes to the FAther but by me.
    What is Jesus if not the embodiment of truth, love, justice, compassion, etc.? When he says ME, is he not speaking of these?

Once again:
    or again
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:041 edit

or again
    "Abide in Me and I in you." (John 15:4)

He commanded man to abide in the realm and in the sphere of His living Person so that He could live in us.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:06
    What is Jesus if not the embodiment of truth, love, justice, compassion, etc.? When he says ME, is he not speaking of these?

Once again:
    I see what you are trying to say, however, I agree only in part. Of coarse he is the embodiment of truth, love, and justice, however, he is the ONLY true and complete embodiment of these things. I think that is where we differ.

I will try once again and ask, What was accomplished on the cross?
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:13
    What was accomplished on the cross?
    Nothing.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:22
    I see what you are trying to say, however, I agree only in part. Of coarse he is the embodiment of truth, love, and justice, however, he is the ONLY true and complete embodiment of these things. I think that is where we differ.

I suspect this is a red herring, but what do you think was accomplished that shows that Christianity is the only way to God?

Is there a reason you don't want to answer the following?
    or again
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '07 08:52
    How many martyrs have there been? In the old testament or Christians since the Bible was written. What have they accomplished? I am only guessing but most people who think Jesus was a prophet probably do not think that he planned to die on a cross.
  13. Joined
    28 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 10:21
    Wallie 1:1 God does not exist
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 11:10

What was accompished on the cross. So very much. Why don't you get a good Bible Concordance out and look up every verse which mentions the cross and see what is taught about it?

I suspect you would like something of a short cut. First let say that whatever was accomplished on the cross is available only in the Holy Spirit. The work of the cross of Christ is available and effective only to those who contact the Holy Spirit. In the Spirit the work of Christ on the cross can become powerfully effective.

On the cross redemption was accomplished.

On the cross the old creation was terminated.

On the cross one new man was created brining the Jew and the Gentile to be reconciled in one body.

On the cross something called the old man , which causes us a lot of heartache and trouble, was nullified and terminated.

In essence on the cross all the old things were put away, finished, terminated. The cross of Christ makes suicide obsolete. What could not be fixed He killed off and resurrected the new.

On the cross Satan, fallen angels, and demons were dealt with and conquered.

All these accomplishments of Christ's death are the ingredients of the Holy Spirit. The become ours and can be applied to us subjectively as we walk in the Spirit of Christ.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

What Christ accomplished on the cross are all the ingredients of the Holy Spirit and become our experience as we are indwelt and saturated with the Holy Spirit - living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit.
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 11:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What was accompished on the cross. So very much. Why don't you get a good Bible Concordance out and look up every verse which mentions the cross and see what is taught about it?

I suspect you would like something of a short cut. First let say that whatever was accomplished on the cross is available only in the Holy Spirit. The work of the cross of ...[text shortened]... indwelt and saturated with the Holy Spirit - living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit.
    But after all those, we humans are still sinners, right? We still have to pay for what Adam and Eve did?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree