Originally posted by Zahlanzi
5. If you think of anymore bugs in the flood plan, feel free to present them.
There are many issues to do with the flood that make it a really complex thing to carry out. But hey God can do miracles cant he? The real question then is are small miracles easier for him than large ones?
Obviously God could have achieved his goal much easier by simply striking everyone except Noah and family dead. He managed to do it to the Egyptian first borns. He could have spread a plague and made Noah and family immune. Theoretically he could have achieve all that by simply changing one gene in Noah and one gene in some nasty virus. Now there is a minimal input miracle!
The actual complexities of the flood itself include:
1. Where does the water come from and go to?
2. How do you deal with all the fish.
3. What happens to diseases, molds, and all the other hidden forms of life in this world that would not have survived a flood? For example did the ark have a pair of mosquitoes on it carrying the malaria parasite?
4. If the ark only contained a pair of each 'kind' of animal then there must have been fairly rapid evolution for them to spread out all over the world and then evolve to suit their environment in the relatively short period since the flood.
5. What about all the plants!!!