1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 04:241 edit
    Genesis 1 (New Living Translation)

29 Then God said, "Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food.
    30 And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” And that is what happened.
    31 Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 04:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Genesis 1 (New Living Translation)

29 Then God said, "Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food.
    30 And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” And that is what happ ...[text shortened]... , and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.
    And where does it say that this situation changed after the flood?

Where do you think carnivores came from? Did they evolve from herbivores or did God plan ahead, or make them after the flood?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 04:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And where does it say that this situation changed after the flood?

Where do you think carnivores came from? Did they evolve from herbivores or did God plan ahead, or make them after the flood?
    Genesis 9 (New Living Translation)

Genesis 9
    God Confirms His Covenant
    1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons and told them, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth. 2 All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have placed them in your power. 3 I have given them to you for food, just as I have given you grain and vegetables. 4 But you must never eat any meat that still has the lifeblood in it.

It is spelled out here that it changed for man, as far as I know it does
    not specifically spell out the change with the rest of life; however, since
    man was placed in charge of them and from that time forward animals
    are described as they are now eating one another and are a threat to
    man as well, the change in my opinion happened here.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 05:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The bible doesn't say that...
    The Bible does say they were desperatly wicked. I would include Adolph in the mix.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 06:14
    Genesis 9 (New Living Translation)

Genesis 9
    God Confirms His Covenant
    1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons and told them, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth. 2 All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have pla ...[text shortened]... ing one another and are a threat to
    Kelly
    So what is your opinion regarding were the carnivores came from. Were they created at that point, existed before the flood, or managed to evolve from previously non-carnivorous species?
    Do you have any idea where things like parasites and diseases fit in? They are more or less carnivorous.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 06:331 edit
    ... the change in my opinion happened here.
    Ah, in your opinion. So nothing more than in your opinion. Is it your opinion that there were dinos on the ark as well? Your opinion? Not a fact but mere an opinion?

What makes your opinion a holy truth and the 'opinion' of Darwin a lie?

Darwin backed his 'opinion' with numerous documented observations. Evolution theory has followed this up with a vast number of documented scientific observations. But your opinion is that there were dinos on the ark? Where are the observations that back your opinion? Where are your evidence? Ah, isn't needed because your opinion is given to you by god himself? ( "Nurse! Someone needs attention here!" )

Your opinion, and nothing more? Bah!
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 07:50
    So what is your opinion regarding were the carnivores came from. Were they created at that point, existed before the flood, or managed to evolve from previously non-carnivorous species?
    Do you have any idea where things like parasites and diseases fit in? They are more or less carnivorous.
    there were no diseases and parasites. that explains them surviving the flood.

this bible science is easy. and fun. no more tedious reasoning, no more verifying results, no more pressure from peers. and you don't need a phd, anyone can do it. all you need is free time and some imagination. you have the bible as a foundation, anything that fits that foundation goes.

thats it, because i am lazy, i am now a creationist.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:44
    It is spelled out here that it changed for man, as far as I know it does
    not specifically spell out the change with the rest of life; however, since
    man was placed in charge of them and from that time forward animals
    are described as they are now eating one another and are a threat to
    Kelly
    Also do you think that our genes that enable us to eat meat evolved after that or did God give them to us at that point or had he planned this all along and ensured that Adam had the appropriate genes?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 14:45
    Also do you think that our genes that enable us to eat meat evolved after that or did God give them to us at that point or had he planned this all along and ensured that Adam had the appropriate genes?
    I wasn't there don't know if changes had to occur, but I imagine that
    if anything was required it was given, I also imagine that odds are
    it could also have been a loss could have required eathing meat too
    something may not have been as effective, but again just a guess on
    my part.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 14:46
    I believe they existed like all other creatures before the flood, and
    afterwards things changed.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 14:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Ah, in your opinion. So nothing more than in your opinion. Is it your opinion that there were dinos on the ark as well? Your opinion? Not a fact but mere an opinion?

What makes your opinion a holy truth and the 'opinion' of Darwin a lie?

Darwin backed his 'opinion' with numerous documented observations. Evolution theory has followed this up with a v ...[text shortened]... mself? ( "Nurse! Someone needs attention here!" )

Your opinion, and nothing more? Bah!
    Yes, my opinion again unlike you I don't look at the world around
    me and say I know what occured thousands, millions, or billions of
    years ago. I believe somethings to be true, but that is as good as it
    gets. Your point of view may mean more to you, but that is where we
    differ. I tell you why I believe the things I do, you so far just mainly
    tell me what I should believe.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 18:51
    Yes, my opinion again unlike you I don't look at the world around
    me and say I know what occured thousands, millions, or billions of
    years ago. I believe somethings to be true, but that is as good as it
    gets. Your point of view may mean more to you, but that is where we
    differ. I tell you why I believe the things I do, you so far just mainly
    tell me what I should believe.
    Kelly
    ….Yes, my opinion again unlike you I don't look at the world around
    me and say I know what occurred thousands, millions, or billions of
    years ago.
    ..…

Mmmmm, are you saying that FabianFnas forms these ‘opinions’ just by himself PERSONALLY looking at the world around him? -I suppose the fact that evolution and the age of the Earth etc are proven scientific facts has nothing to do with it? 😛
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 20:30
    I believe they existed like all other creatures before the flood, and
    afterwards things changed.
    Kelly
    But most carnivores are so specifically designed for being carnivores. Are you saying you think that they looked and acted like carnivores before the flood but just ate plants, or are you saying they underwent significant change after the flood when God changed their diet?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 20:44
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]….Yes, my opinion again unlike you I don't look at the world around
    me and say I know what occurred thousands, millions, or billions of
    years ago.
    ..…

Mmmmm, are you saying that FabianFnas forms these ‘opinions’ just by himself PERSONALLY looking at the world around him? -I suppose the fact that evolution and the age of the Earth etc are proven scientific facts has nothing to do with it? 😛[/b]
    No, not just him you are as bad. Many here actually try to show why
    what they are saying is true or not, you and Fabian just spout off
    what you think others should accept as truth and think you've proven
    your point. You don't attempt to show why, you just say believe this.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 20:45
    But most carnivores are so specifically designed for being carnivores. Are you saying you think that they looked and acted like carnivores before the flood but just ate plants, or are you saying they underwent significant change after the flood when God changed their diet?
    I'm saying they were not, then they were. At the time after the flood
    that was when whatever happened, happened.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree