1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [
    Actually the narrative is more like God had tired of sacrifices and was now going to demand loyalty. In doing so, God shut the door on vicarious atonement.

God wants his followers to be truly righteous.The author of 1 John recognized this:
    1 John 3
    7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

This is the same epistle in which John says that Christ is the propitiation for believers' sins and for those of the whole world.

"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for those of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

Same author, Same epistle.

ThinkOfOne's thread here is attempting to exploit some passages to build a case that Jesus Christ did not die an atoning death - a sacrifice for our sins.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 12:32
    Originally posted by @sonship
    There is a [b]recovery of the truth happening in these days. A number of us around the globe have been "blown away" so to speak by seeing what in the New Testament has been neglected too long.

The God of the Reformation is moving on. He is moving on again.[/b]
    Well, to be honest I question that there is a "recovery", so to speak, but something more like a spiritual growth of individuals, albeit, historically speaking, there seems to be a lot of Truth being recovered by the church considering that bibles were in short supply during the preceding 14 centuries before Luther.

Church history. A lot to sift through.

But concerning 2 Corinthians 3. I reread the relevant passage and consulted the opinion of a well respected pastor I know and I am in agreement with the scripture. While it is true that the vail covered the glory that was skin deep over Moses' face, and in Christ that vail is removed and the glory is now produced from within our deepest parts working its way outward, I still balk at the idea of deification.

Even while I'm in process of being conformed to the image of Christ my feet are still planted on this ground. And while I do set my affections on things in heaven and not on things on earth I am compelled to be more practical in the application of biblical truth to those in need of milk.

There's also the danger of thinking I'm in a class of Christians with special spiritual insights that I forget I'm a servant of others first.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 12:45
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus Christ is the TRUTH, and your heart is far from Him.
    The Recovery you speak of,
    and which apparently has 'blown you away',
    is the doctrine of men.

God of the Reformation ?? !! There is no such God.
    You are a false worshipper and a worshipper of false gods.
    You're just too narrow minded to take seriously.

You seem incapable of directing your comments in reference to specific verses and passages of scripture except when you cherry pick to support your own doctrine.

Besides, anyone that denies the plenary and inspired Word of God as it is contained in the 66 books of the Bible as you do isn't worth giving heed to, no, not for one hour.

In other words, you're a waste of time. You drag the discussion down.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 13:24
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You're just too narrow minded to take seriously.

You seem incapable of directing your comments in reference to specific verses and passages of scripture except when you cherry pick to support your own doctrine.

Besides, anyone that denies the plenary and inspired Word of God as it is contained in the 66 books of the Bible as you do isn't worth givi ...[text shortened]... , no, not for one hour.

In other words, you're a waste of time. You drag the discussion down.
    The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now.

The teachings of Christ has not changed and that is the road to eternal life.

Your doctrine is the doctrine of the church and is contrary to Christ. You are not a sheep of Christ but a goat or a wolf in sheep's clothing. Your house is built on sand and not on the rock of Christ.

So continue with your meaningless discussions and ignore the weightier matters.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 13:26
    The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now.

Your doctrine is the doctrine of the church and is contrary to Christ. You are not a sheep of Christ but a goat or a wolf in sheep's clothing. Your house is built on sand and n ...[text shortened]... k of Christ.

“The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now.

The teachings of Christ has not changed and that is the road to eternal life. “

You sound like thinkofone. How can you possibly prove this statement?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 14:221 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    “The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now.

The teachings of Christ has not changed and that is the road to eternal life. “

You sound like thinkofone. How can you possibly prove this statement?
    The Bible originally [in the time of the Apostles} was the Hebrew Tanach or Greek Septuagint.
    The 1611 KJV incorporated these as the OT books
    The 1823 KJV removed about a dozen of these books
    Many ensuing versions changed words and reinterpreted passages.
    SO those who fuss about the Holy Word of God rather than what is required for eternal life are in a sad state of delusion.

Fortunately what is required for entry into the Kingdom of God has not changed.as Jesus made that very clear. Fussing over the prophets, and other books, even by the Apostles, is of no real value.

Jesus saves.
    Jesus welcomes the sheep into the Kingdom of God
    Jesus will cast out the goats.

Its simple.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 18:25

Your doctrine is the doctrine of the church and is contrary to Christ. You are not a sheep of Christ but a goat or a wolf in sheep's clothing. Your house is built on sand and n ...[text shortened]... k of Christ.

"The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now."

So, when Jesus said; "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled", means in your mind, refers only to what you say is or isn't included in the Word of God.

You're the forum clown.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 18:57
    [b]"The inspired word of God has been changed and continues to change from the time of Christ to now."

So, when Jesus said; "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled", means in your mind, refers only to what you say is or isn't included in the Word of God.

You're the forum clown.[/b]
    Sorry, did you miss the second line in his post?

"The teachings of Christ has not changed and that is the road to eternal life."

You seem to have made that crucial part of his post disappear, which I guess makes you the forum magician.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 19:11
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

You seem to have made that crucial part of his post disappear, which I guess makes you the forum magician.
    Thanks for answering. Clearly he is one of those Christians who dislike the teachings of Christ and who do not believe Christ when he said that it is those who follow his commandments it is those who will enter the Kingdom of God.

I guess that makes him a forum goat.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 20:11
    Thanks for answering. Clearly he is one of those Christians who dislike the teachings of Christ and who do not believe Christ when he said that it is those who follow his commandments it is those who will enter the Kingdom of God.

I guess that makes him a forum goat.
    There you go again, condemning other people and implying they’re going to hell by labeling them “goats.”

I thought you previously said only Jesus decides who is saved and who isn’t? Are you now assuming the powers of Jesus? That certainly would align with your overinflated ego and sinful pride.

In reality, of course, each individual decides if he or she is saved based on the acceptance of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    There you go again, condemning other people and implying they’re going to hell by labeling them “goats.”

I thought you previously said only Jesus decides who is saved and who isn’t? Are you now assuming the powers of Jesus? That certainly would align with your overinflated ego and sinful pride.

In reality, of course, each individual decides if he or she is saved based on the acceptance of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.
    Jesus decides and he did state clearly who enters the Kingdom of God.

His sheep enter because they do good works
    Goats are cast out because they dont do good works
    You have repeatedly said that good works are not necessary.

Therefore you are a goat.

You continue to offer information about yourself and then you take offence when people comment on this personal information.

You also continue to confuse 'being saved' with 'eternal life'.
    They are not the same.

Christian Saints who are born again and saved, can and will be cast out of the Kingdom of God if they disobey the commandments of Christ.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 12:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

What? Are you the forum know-it-all?

I didn't miss anything, but you apparently missed the fact that Rajk cherry picks the Bible to support his personal doctrinal position and agenda.

Surely you've noticed how he avoids answering when posed with the central tenet of the gospel concerning the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ?

But why should you care? You don't believe it either.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 12:06
    What? Are you the forum know-it-all?

I didn't miss anything, but you apparently missed the fact that Rajk cherry picks the Bible to support his personal doctrinal position and agenda.

Surely you've noticed how he avoids answering when posed with the central tenet of the gospel concerning the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ?

But why should you care? You don't believe it either.
    Nice topic for another thread.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 12:551 edit
    My time for fellowship and discussion is limited today.

Well, to be honest I question that there is a "recovery", so to speak, but something more like a spiritual growth of individuals, albeit, historically speaking, there seems to be a lot of Truth being recovered by the church considering that bibles were in short supply during the preceding 14 centuries before Luther.

Yes, the release of the word of God into the hands of seeking saints was and is still very important.

Today Bibles are indeed published much. What is very helpful in the present stage of recovery is for us to get into the Bible with the exercise of our mingled spirit, pray-reading the word of God.

Plumbing the depths of the word by turning the word into prayer and praying it back to God.

Prayreading the Word, Part 1
    YouTube

Prayreading the Word, Part 2
    YouTube&t=59s

Church history. A lot to sift through.

But concerning 2 Corinthians 3. I reread the relevant passage and consulted the opinion of a well respected pastor I know and I am in agreement with the scripture. While it is true that the vail covered the glory that was skin deep over Moses' face, and in Christ that vail is removed and the glory is now produced from within our deepest parts working its way outward, ...

Very well put!

I still balk at the idea of deification.

Even while I'm in process of being conformed to the image of Christ my feet are still planted on this ground. And while I do set my affections on things in heaven and not on things on earth I am compelled to be more practical in the application of biblical truth to those in need of milk.

There's also the danger of thinking I'm in a class of Christians with special spiritual insights that I forget I'm a servant of others first.

I hope we can converse latter.
    The Lord be with your spirit.

Watch the YouTubes on Prayreading.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 18:34
    Jesus decides and he did state clearly who enters the Kingdom of God.

His sheep enter because they do good works
    Goats are cast out because they dont do good works
    You have repeatedly said that good works are not necessary.

Therefore you are a goat.

You continue to offer information about yourself and then you take offence when people comment on ...[text shortened]... aved, can and will be cast out of the Kingdom of God if they disobey the commandments of Christ.
    You just mindlessly repeat the same false doctrine over and over and seem immune to being educated because your chest-puffing and sinful pride insists you be responsible for your own salvation.

That’s why you won’t accept Jesus Christ into your heart and (consequently) why you can’t stop sinning in here by bearing false witness against other posters.

It’s sad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree