1. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 01:23
    Originally posted by @sonship
    We are not arrogant to say "Thankyou Lord Jesus, I am SAVED." That is Rajk999ism, to condemn Christians for proclaiming the facts of our salvation.

It is not different from our being, according to the pure word of God - [b]partakers of the divine nature

"Lord Jesus. Thankyou. Thankyou Lord that we are partakers of the divine nature. ...[text shortened]... who through faith and long-suffering are inheriting the promises." (Hebrews 6:12) [/b]
    [/b]
    More lack of understanding of the writings of Paul demonstrated here

All Christians are SAVED. Not all Christians will enter the Kingdom of God.
    Paul said that very clearly in all his letters.
    They are ALL SAVED by the death and resurrection of Christ
    They are ALL born again Christians
    They ALL have the Holy Spirit
    They are ALL Christian Saints in Christ
    BUT NOT ALL will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God
    NOT ALL will inherit the promises

I can use any of Pauls writings to prove this to you, but I dont need to go far. Your very same quote can be used .. just read the whole passage and the point is clear:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:4-12 KJV)

Some Christian Saints fall away into sin.
    Repentance / forgiveness is not guaranteed {as some here foolishly believe]
    Some Christians are likened to thorns and briars which are fit to be burned

Saved is no guarantee of eternal life.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 07:35
    Secondson you may understand how we mean deification in this logic:

The son of a horse is called a horse.
    The son of a whale is called a whale.
    The son of a cat is called a cat.
    The son of a man is called a man.

What is the son of God called?

Isn't it logical that the son of God is called God?
    If we cannot call the son of God, God then what should
    we call the son of God?

In His communicable attributes a son of God is, shall we say, of the "species" of God. The sons are a continuation of the begetting life.

The sons will never be creators of universes.
    The sons will never be omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent. Nor will the sons be supreme object of worship.

But the sons continue the "species" of the begetting father. In that sense they are deified.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 10:36

If we cannot call the son of Go ...[text shortened]...
    But the sons continue the "species" of the begetting father. In that sense they are deified.
    Nice 5 yr old logic.
    I can understand why that appeals to you.
    Explains a lot.
    So whats the son of a woman called?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 20:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Nice 5 yr old logic.
    I can understand why that appeals to you.
    Explains a lot.
    So whats the son of a woman called?
    I didn't see you prove that it was wrong logic, did I?

Go learn what this means, blind Pharisee.

" At that time Jesus answered and said, I extol You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants." (Matt. 11:25)
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 22:07
    I didn't see you prove that it was wrong logic, did I?

Go learn what this means, blind Pharisee.

[b] " At that time Jesus answered and said, I extol You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants." (Matt. 11:25)
    [/b]
    Apparently this 'deification' nonsense is getting to your head.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 00:40
    More lack of understanding of the writings of Paul demonstrated here

All Christians are SAVED. Not all Christians will enter the Kingdom of God.
    Paul said that very clearly in all his letters.
    They are ALL SAVED by the death and resurrection of Christ
    They are ALL born again Christians
    They ALL have the Holy Spirit
    They are ALL Christian Saints in ...[text shortened]... ikened to thorns and briars which are fit to be burned

Saved is no guarantee of eternal life.
    There's definitely no doubt you're not saved.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 01:446 edits
    Apparently this 'deification' nonsense is getting to your head.
    Barbed rhetorical comments is ALL you have, USUALLY.
    Notice, NO refutation of the simple logic.

The progenitor brings forth that same kind of life as he (or she) is.

Get out of the way, and let someone who thinks she or he sees a flaw in my example, analyse its problems, if there is such a poster.

If we cannot call the son of God, God, then what should
    we call the son of God?

In His communicable attributes a son of God is, shall we say, of the "species" of God. The sons are a continuation of the begetting life.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 02:23
    Originally posted by @secondson
    There's definitely no doubt you're not saved.
    Clearly you dont know what the word 'saved' means.

Had you read your Bible carefully and prayerfully, instead of swallowing the church doctrine in a braindead zombie, you would appreciate the truth..
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 08:291 edit
    Clearly you dont know what the word 'saved' means.

Had you read your Bible carefully and prayerfully, instead of swallowing the church doctrine in a braindead zombie, you would appreciate the truth..
    You're delusional.

A true Christian, which you are not, has a testimony, which you don't, as is amply demonstrated by your refusal to acknowledge the truth of the literal death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, doesn't waste his time publicly lambasting his brothers in Christ, which you do.

You are as ineffective as your twisted doctrine. You're an imposter. A forum trolling unbeliever. I don't believe a word you say.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 08:52
    You're delusional.

A true Christian, which you are not, has a testimony, which you don't, as is amply demonstrated by your refusal to acknowledge the truth of the literal death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, doesn't waste his time publicly lambasting his brothers in Christ, which you do.

You are as ineffective as your twisted doctrine. You're an imposter. A forum trolling unbeliever. I don't believe a word you say.
    While we print off what you say and stick it on the fridge.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 08:56

If we cannot call the son of Go ...[text shortened]...
    It is not logical to conclude that being a son of God means that one is deified. Deification implies more, to my way of reasoning, than what I see in scripture. The believer is made a son, conformed to the image of Christ and made like Him, but I think it is a stretch of logic to make the scripture say more than that. Consider the following verse: 2 Corinthians 3:18

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

From "glory to glory" means that the process of being "change into the same image" will continue eternally. Logically that means we never truly arrive at deification.

There is only one deity. One God. We, that are made sons, and daughters, will be "changed into the same image from glory to glory" as a process that will extend throughout eternity.

We are not being deified. We are being changed, forever. God does not change. God is God(deity). Logically, we are never truly deified, in the strictest sense of that word, since we are being changed "from glory to glory", forever and ever.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    While we print off what you say and stick it on the fridge.
    God's Word is the seed. Plant it in the soil of your heart and see if it bears fruit.

Or you can stick your witty quips on your fridge. Or you can post them here. Your choice.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 09:34
    God's Word is the seed. Plant it in the soil of your heart and see if it bears fruit.

Or you can stick your witty quips on your fridge. Or you can post them here. Your choice.
    I think Ghost of a Duke's levity was simply alluding to your rather silly online sanctimoniousness. As you well know, although he's an atheist, he doesn't begrudge you your earnest belief that you have a divine seed that bears fruit blah blah blah.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 14:29
    You're delusional.

There is only one delusion in all of religion, and it is the belief that you can enter the Kingdom of God without being righteous and without doing good works.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 14:30
    It is not logical to conclude that being a son of God means that one is deified. Deification implies more, to my way of reasoning, than what I see in scripture. The believer is made a son, conformed to the image of Christ and made like Him, but I think it is a stretch of logic to make the scripture say more than that. Consider the following verse: 2 Corin ...[text shortened]... trictest sense of that word, since we are being changed "from glory to glory", forever and ever.
    Wasting your time with a fool who things that he will become God.
    Go get a life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree