Why Did Jesus Say He was the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Say He was the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Just replying to the first quote.

That’s not referring to “flesh” is it! Why are you so deliberately dim at times?

His “flesh” was born of a virgin it was not therefore eternal. The humanity element is not eternal IT WAS BORN

Exhausting.
His “flesh” was born of a virgin it was not therefore eternal. The humanity element is not eternal IT WAS BORN

Flesh is an item of that which has been CREATED by God.
Quite true.

Man is also a CREATED item of God. God CREATED man (Genesis 1:27).

So Jesus Christ as the eternal Word Who was with God and was God became wrapped in His own creation. He is both the uncreated and the created united in one Person.

It is good that you brought this out though because in His resurrection He uplifted that part of creation that He became and became the Firstborn. the beginning of eternal glorified created humanity. He will never put off that nature that He took on in incarnation.

He uplifted it, sanctified it, glorified it, and as such became the Firstborn Son of God with the eternal glorified humanity among many brothers, also sons of God.

The other point I would make is that things which have beginning and go on for ever are described also as eternal.

Ie. The fire was prepared for the devil and his angels. Yet it is called the eternal fire. I take that to mean that the lake of fire had a beginning and was not always.

" Then He will say also to those on the left,

Go away from Me, you who are cursed, into the ETERNAL FIRE ... PREPARED for the devil and his angels." (Matt. 25:41 my bolding)

I take "prepared" as something made with a beginning in its existence. Yet it is also called "eternal".

Similarly, man was created with a beginning.
Yet man in Christ is man with eternal life.

Christ and His redeemed are transfigured.
But He is still a man.
And the saved are still human beings albeit in resurrected, transfigured and glorified bodies.

"For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able even to subject all things to Himself." (Phil. 3;21)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship

The Lord knows I tried to be patient with Rajk999.

Patient - the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.

From
https://www.google.com/search?
Im not a slow learner. I am resistant to false doctrines.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Salvation by works is a false doctrine.

The idea that atheists go to heaven is a false doctrine.

The idea that people can’t know they have salvation until after they die is a false doctrine.

Those are just three of your false doctrines. I recall that you have several more but am averse to wasting my time thinking of them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Salvation by works is a false doctrine.

The idea that atheists go to heaven is a false doctrine.

The idea that people can’t know they have salvation until after they die is a false doctrine.

Those are just three of your false doctrines. I recall that you have several more but am averse to wasting my time thinking of them.
I never use the expression 'salvation by works'
I never said anyone goes to heaven.
God and Christ knows who has eternal life.
Sometimes this is disclosed prior to the person dying, but certainly not always.

You have been thinking a lot about what I say .. its obvious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

I never use the expression 'salvation by works'
I never said anyone goes to heaven.
God and Christ knows who has eternal life.
Sometimes this is disclosed prior to the person dying, but certainly not always.

You have been thinking a lot about what I say .. its obvious.
I have a good memory and salvation by works is a commonplace false doctrine.

Claiming atheists go to heaven because they do good works is so ridiculous that it stuck in my mind.

Saying people only know if they are saved after they die is unsupported by the Bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

I have a good memory and salvation by works is a commonplace false doctrine.

Claiming atheists go to heaven because they do good works is so ridiculous that it stuck in my mind.

Saying people only know if they are saved after they die is unsupported by the Bible.
Did the Apostle Paul make the claim that he was saved and that he cannot lose his salvation? If he did please provided a reference.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18
3 edits

How long will it take you to realize that there is a "new heaven and a NEW EARTH" as opposed to the false teaching that there will be no Earth in age of Revelation 21 and 22?
You wrote:
Wrong, There is no Earth at that point to hover over. The City is the abode of the Saints. The Earth will be destroed. God made the Earth and he will destroy it when it is no longer needed.

How long before you learn that you were wrong to teach this false idea?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18
2 edits

Besides barbed rhetorical comebacks, Rajk999 doesn't have much else, when his errors are brought to light.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18
1 edit

Besides barbed rhetorical comebacks, Rajk999 doesn't have much else, when his errors are brought to light.
Well for once I agree with you.
I am no Bible scholar
I have nothing else as you say.
I have no doctrine of my own to preach.
All I have is faith in God
And my knowledge of the commandments of Jesus Christ
Sheep dont need anything else.

Now goats .. thats another matter

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Did the Apostle Paul make the claim that he was saved and that he cannot lose his salvation? If he did please provided a reference.
I realize where you’re going with this but there are Biblical scholars who deny that his “castaway” comment refers to salvation.

I’ll be happy to provide instances (verses) in response to your query tonight or tomorrow. Don’t have adequate time to do it now.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Rajk has negotiated the quagmire of Christian thought with great wisdom and understanding . He knows the difference between mouth worship and positive action

The fact that u cant ge t into the spirit of his posts is on you

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18
2 edits

I realize where you’re going with this but there are Biblical scholars who deny that his “castaway” comment refers to salvation.

I’ll be happy to provide instances (verses) in response to your query tonight or tomorrow. Don’t have adequate time to do it now.
Scholars? You listen to scholars.
You are one of those.
You hold fallible men up on a pedestal.
You are a brown noser.

Cant you read? Paul was crystal clear.

Here is one of the words with the same original Greek word: REJECTED = CASTAWAY

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV)

The story is the same.

Born again Christian saints, who profess their faith, and then continue with sin and evil will be REJECTED AND ARE FIT FOR NOTHING BUT TO BE CURSED AND BURNED.

Hope you have your asbestos suit ready pal because you sure talk nonsense and believe nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Rajk has negotiated the quagmire of Christian thought with great wisdom and understanding . He knows the difference between mouth worship and positive action

The fact that u cant ge t into the spirit of his posts is on you
rajk equates salvation by faith with “mouth worship.” He’s flat-out wrong, as one who only engages in “mouth worship” has not genuinely and sincerely accepted Christ.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

(2 Corinthians 5:17)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Scholars? You listen to scholars.
You are one of those.
You hold fallible men up on a pedestal.
You are a brown noser.

Cant you read? Paul was crystal clear.

Here is one of the words with the same original Greek word: REJECTED = CASTAWAY

[i]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were ...[text shortened]...
Hope you have your asbestos suit ready pal because you sure talk nonsense and believe nonsense.
There you go again, condemning people to hell as you strut around with your puffed-out chest.

I thought you previously said only Jesus decides who is saved. Now you’ve taken that power for yourself? Disgraceful.

Yes, occasionally I do consult the opinions of Biblical scholars on the rare occasions I come across a particularly troublesome verse, such as the castaway verse.

I certainly would trust the consensus of Biblical scholars more than I would someone like yourself who thinks atheists go to heaven,

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18
2 edits

Well for once I agree with you.
I am no Bible scholar
I have nothing else as you say.
I have no doctrine of my own to preach.
All I have is faith in God
And my knowledge of the commandments of Jesus Christ
Sheep dont need anything else.

Now goats .. thats another matter
Sadly you again demonstrate my point

Did you yet realized that John saw in the eternal age "a new heaven and a new earth" ? Its in Revelation 21:1.

Take your time.
Let us know when you see it.