1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 14:46
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Three posters I can think of have made Christ's incarnation seem to be a temporary thing. I hope I am being fair.

Rajk999, Galveston, Robbie, I think Divegeester all appear to me to use [b]1 Cor. 15:24-28
    in a way suggesting Christ's office is temporary.

The glorified man in exaltation is God-man forevermore.
    He will never put off His human n ...[text shortened]... s also something much more.
    How much capacity do you have reader?
    Can you take something more?[/b]
    Jesus rules UNDER GOD, when his 1000 yr reign has been completed and when he has subdued all rebellion.

The bible is clear about that. You constantly argue against the clear and basic teachings of the Bible. If only you accept what it says then everything easily falls into place like a perfect jigsaw puzzle.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 14:55
    I also was looking carefully if the question was answered [b]"Why Did Jesus say He was the Temple ?"

The reason must be because Jesus Is the temple of God.
    Jesus has to convince us that the temple of God is Himself.

Jesus said He was the dwelling place of God, the house of God, the temple of God because He is God living in Him on the earth, i ...[text shortened]... ,

Darby Bible Translation
    And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us... [/quote][/b]
    Anywhere and anyplace where God resides can be referred to as a temple of God.
    - Jesus Christ
    - The Ark of the Covenant
    - Some Churches
    - Some Homes
    - Some People
    - Some Places

Anywhere.

If the temple of God is defiled the perpetrator is destroyed.
    Even Jesus Christ, if he was disobedient to God he would have also faced dire punishment
    The man who touched the Ark was destroyed
    All born-again Christian Saints who continue with their sins are also facing destruction.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Anywhere and anyplace where God resides can be referred to as a temple of God.
    - Jesus Christ
    - The Ark of the Covenant
    - Some Churches
    - Some Homes
    - Some People
    - Some Places

Anywhere.

If the temple of God is defiled the perpetrator is destroyed.
    Even Jesus Christ, if he was disobedient to God he would have also faced dire punishment
    The man ...[text shortened]... royed
    All born-again Christian Saints who continue with their sins are also facing destruction.
    Do you think you defile God with, on the one hand, your assertion you’re a Christ follower and, on the other hand, your chest puffing, hate spewing, condemnation of other people and consistent bearing of false witness?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 21:41
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Do you think you defile God with, on the one hand, your assertion you’re a Christ follower and, on the other hand, your chest puffing, hate spewing, condemnation of other people and consistent bearing of false witness?
    Do you defile God when you publicly mock somebody for carrying out an act of generosity?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 21:47
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Do you defile God when you publicly mock somebody for carrying out an act of generosity?
    An atheist coming to the defense of rajk. There’s a shocker.

And as I previously said, I’m far from perfect and occasionally still sin. I don’t claim to be living a sin-free life while I spew hate, puff out my chest and condemn other people on a daily, if not hourly, basis in here.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 21:48
    He spent $15 on someone. I do five times that on practically a weekly basis - and the people I give money to are genuinely in need.

Wise up, amigo.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    He spent $15 on someone. I do five times that on practically a weekly basis - and the people I give money to are genuinely in need.

Wise up, amigo.
    'When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.'

Matthew 6
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 22:44
    'When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.'

Matthew 6
    Only mentioned it ‘cause you and the other trolls are carrying on about what Karoly did as if he cured cancer.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 22:514 edits
    Anyone?

What is the duration of the Son's throne. How long does He have it ?

"But of the Son, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

Now if in utter trust I just declare "Amen God!" to His word, I have to believe that the Son of God is God with a throne "forever and ever".

But,but, but .... wait, wait, wait! The word of God says that He (the Son) delivers up the kingdom to His God and Father.

"Then the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to His God and Father, once He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."

For He must reign until God puts all His enemies under His feet. " (1 Cor. 15:24,25)

I'd rather believe both passages. My God has uttered them both. And I trust God.

I'm willing to bare the ridicule that 100% logical reconcilation I have not achieved in my theology. I don't feel obligated to explain 100% how the two truths can both logically be true.

I am willing to bare the human scandal of having a limited mind to comprehend God completely.

And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to Him who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all in all." (1 Cor. 15:28)

That must include that the Son's throne is forever and ever. And First Cor. 15:28 calls for Hebrews 1:8. And Hebrews 1:8 calls for First Cor. 15:28.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 22:55
    Now here's a little song we sing in the local churches. What a blessing it has been to us.

AMEN the Word of God!
    If from the world you’re longing to be free,
    Amen the Word of God!
    If you would live in all reality,
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    His Word receiving, His Word believing,
    Amen the Word of God!
    If with your sin and self you would be through,
    Amen the Word of God!
    If you would let the Lord your mind renew,
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    His Word is living, life-power giving—
    Amen the Word of God!
    Christ as the land of Canaan is our lot—
    Amen the Word of God!
    If you would enter, harden not your heart—
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    His Word discerns us, all that concerns us—
    Amen the Word of God!
    Jesus is coming, now He’s on His way—
    Amen the Word of God!
    Would you be ready if He comes today—
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    Amen the Word of God!
    His Word prepares us, to Jesus bears us—
    Amen the Word of God!

Here's how the tune goes !

https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1218
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 23:13
    Anyone?

What is the duration of the Son's throne. How long does He have it ?

[b] "But of the Son, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

Now if in utter trust I just declare "Amen God!" to His word, I have to believe that the Son of God is ...[text shortened]... 5:28[/b] calls for Hebrews 1:8. And Hebrews 1:8 calls for First Cor. 15:28.[/b]
    The throne is forever and ever.
    Christ rules under God after the 1000 yrs
    Both are correct.

Whats the problem?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 23:42
    So Jesus said that He was the temple of God. The reality of the house of God, His Father's house, is with Him.

Then in chapter 14 He adds more - in His Father's house are many abodes.

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.

In My Father's house are many abodes, if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am there you may be also." (John 14:1-3)

This touches the mission of Christ. This touches His ministry to accomplish the eternal purpose of God.

That is to prepare an enlarged living house of God where God and man mutually indwell each other.

This is why your heart beats and why there is a universe around you. That is the build the New Jerusalem as the eternal holy of holies where God and man are one.

He came to prepare "a place" for us ... in God.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 11:12
    Divegeester! 90% agreement with the old waffling sonship ??
    Well, that 10% disagreement is sure a dusie!

[b]
    I've explained in a post further back with scriptures please have a look.

Jesus was born, his flesh had a beginning and it therefore, by definition, is not eternal and therefore has an end.

-------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... NCE His resurrection, today, and on into eternity.

That is all the time I have this morning.[/b]
    You didn’t address the crux of the matter, that the flesh of Jesus had a beginning and therefore must have and end and is therefore not eternal.

I..e this is NO eternal son.

The trinity is a fake man made doctrine.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 16:03
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You didn’t address the crux of the matter, that the flesh of Jesus had a beginning and therefore must have and end and is therefore not eternal.

I..e this is NO eternal son.

The trinity is a fake man made doctrine.
    Jesus/God is a Spirit. Jesus the Son existed prior before He took on mortal flesh and He exists today. Whether He still exists in a body, I don’t know (remember He was Resurrected) but if so, it would obviously have to be a glorified body such as the saved will receive.

You seem to be equating Jesus’ existence with the existence of a physical human body and saying He is therefore not eternal. But even human beings who have physical human bodies survive physical death and will eternally exist in the afterlife, unless you believe in annihilationism for the damned.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 21:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    If you cannot preach and teach others how critical it is to follow Christ commandments and to OBEY these commandments then you are preaching mouth worship. Its that simple.

Its fine to know and to understand and to believe and to have faith.. in fact it is great to achieve all those things. However it is nothing .. NOTHING .. without obedience to Christ' ...[text shortened]... ou claim to have is not working in you.

You do not preach this and you have therefore failed.
    Aye

Always remember compassion

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree