Why did they want to stone him?

Why did they want to stone him?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
There is no record of Christ saying any such thing.
They accused him of saying those things. I wont base my basic doctrines on heresay especially of people like those who killed Christ.
Yes indeed, we agree on something. One Pharisees word for another, same same!

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
So to you Jesus (Yahshua) the Christ is a devine being, who created
everything, but falls a little short of being God. But since He was the only
begotten Son of God, Christ could not have been an angel because they
were all created by the Son. So what kind of being could this Son of God
be that in the beginning shared the glory with God and created all ...[text shortened]... wer than the angels and then
was exalted back above the angels to share again the glory of God?
everything

no, Colossians 1:15 states that Christ was the image of the invisible God, the first
born of all creation. It then states, that all things were created, not by him, but
through him.

From this passage alone it is easy to deduce two things, Christ was the only entity
directly created by God, (termed the only begotten son) and that all other things
were created through the Christ, evidently demonstrating that the power was from
God, as were the miracles as was the healing as was every powerful work that he
did. Indeed he even claimed that he could do nothing of his own initiative. That he
had a pre human existence is clearly demonstrated by the text at John
8:58. Why this should be so difficult to grasp i cannot say, it seems self evident to
me.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
There is no record of Christ saying any such thing.
They accused him of saying those things. I wont base my basic doctrines on heresay especially of people like those who killed Christ.
Just a misunderstanding then. What a shame to be crucified over a
misunderstanding.

P.S. It would have been nice of Him if He had made it clear to them
that He was not claiming to be God or equal with God. The JWs are
always saying He would have made it clear if He were claiming to be
God. So apparently He did not make any of it clear.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11

Just a misunderstanding then. What a shame to be crucified over a
misunderstanding.
i think we could make room for it in your case.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Well I didn't either. But evidently there are some here who believe that if Jesus didn't spell something out word for word clearly and plainly for all to see, then it can't be what He intended to say. I mean, if that's true, then toss all the parables out the window and pretty much just go ahead and toss all His teachings. I'm not prepared to do that.
Jesus was no body's fool.

The Scriptures, the Bible, the Word of God, plainly lays out who is who. Jehovah of the so called old testament and the Jesus of the new are one and the same.

You know that. I know that. Why doesn't robbie know that?

Because this is a screwed up jumbled up world. Almost every relevant verse has been reference in innumerable threads to robbie these last years, but still he clings to the watchtower like it was the sole repository of all truth. An open mind would approach this very important subject with all diligence, but robbie won't budge.

30 years ago I pursued this with the JW's and was just about sucked in. I opened my heart to God and prayed to Him that He would show me the truth. He did. Praise God for His mercy and grace.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by josephw

The Scriptures, the Bible, the Word of God, plainly lays out who is who. Jehovah of the so called old testament and the Jesus of the new are one and the same.

Because this is a screwed up jumbled up world. Almost every relevant verse has been reference in innumerable ...[text shortened]... d prayed to Him that He would show me the truth. He did. Praise God for His mercy and grace.
It is just one more step before robbie is bowing down before the Watchtower
building in worship.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11

Because this is a screwed up jumbled up world. Almost every relevant verse has been reference in innumerable ...[text shortened]... d prayed to Him that He would show me the truth. He did. Praise God for His mercy and grace.
Why doesn't robbie know that?

because im not a wilfully ignorant nominal Christian nor a lying trinitarian nor someone
who professes to tell others how one translation is inaccurate without actually having
examined it and evaluated it in comparison to others. Your a phoney, Gods knows it, i
know it, why you dont know it, who can say?

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
1 edit

It is just one more step before robbie is bowing down before the Watchtower
building in worship.
its just one step away from ordering a ticket to the US and slapping your forehead to
see if your human or plastic blow up.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i do not have a masters degree in ancient Greek, i merely read a single volume by D F
Hudson which explained all the essential principles of being able to read, write and
comprehend Koine Greek. With some diligent practice and and no little effort I
managed to grasp the fundamentals so as to read write and understand Biblical
Greek. Why wou ...[text shortened]... masters degree to do that? Did the Biblical writers have a
masters degree when they wrote it?
your answer is an embarrasment, you should flee from the forums in shame.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Oct 11

Why doesn't robbie know that?

because im not a wilfully ignorant nominal Christian nor a lying trinitarian nor someone
who professes to tell others how one translation is inaccurate without actually having
examined it and evaluated it in comparison to others. Your a phoney, Gods knows it, i
know it, why you dont know it, who can say?
Now you sound like dasa.

What's with the name calling robbie? It only serves to diminish the integrity of your position.

I will show you from your own translation that the man Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same. When the time is right.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
your answer is an embarrasment, you should flee from the forums in shame.
I am sorry i didn't realise you blushed so easily, I suppose seeing that your church
has traumatised the lives of thousands of young people with acts of paedophilia
you've become used to it. who can tell?

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
3 edits

Now you sound like dasa.

What's with the name calling robbie? It only serves to diminish the integrity of your position.

I will show you from your own translation that the man Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same. When the time is right.
You refuse to look at the Hebrew of Exodus 3:14, its wilful ignorance, if you refuse to
produce where Christ stated that he is Almighty God incarnate after stating that its so,
your a liar, if you cannot demonstrate how you evaluated one translation with another
yet state that there are inaccuracies, your a phoney. I dont think you could possibly
teach me anything about the Bible, you dont know what it actually says.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 11

everything

no, Colossians 1:15 states that Christ was the image of the invisible God, the first
born of all creation. It then states, that all things were created, not by him, but
through him.

From this passage alone it is easy to deduce two things, Christ was the only en ...[text shortened]... n
8:58. Why this should be so difficult to grasp i cannot say, it seems self evident to
me.
Where did you get this idea that "only begotten" meant "only created"?
What is the name of the Greek Lexicon that you got that definition from?

rc

Moves
23 Oct 11
3 edits

Where did you get this idea that "only begotten" meant "only created"?
What is the name of the Greek Lexicon that you got that definition from?
I did not say, only created, I stated, the only entity directly created by God, otherwise,
what do you think 'only begotten', means'? for clearly God had other sons, those being
the angels

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Oct 11

I am sorry i didn't realise you blushed so easily, I suppose seeing that your church
has traumatised the lives of thousands of young people with acts of paedophilia
you've become used to it. who can tell?
Paedophiles are everywhere. One doesn't usually hear about it amongst the cults though because of the fear induced by the type of indoctrination employed.