1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 00:59
    Why didn't the prayers of Jews save them from the Holocaust?

    According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    09 Mar '12 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why didn't the prayers of Jews save them from the Holocaust?

    According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?
    Ask God.
  3. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Mar '12 01:27
    according to their religion, the jews have been programmed to believe that they are destined to suffer due to some ill conceived prophecy found in their bible. since humans in part, manifest their thoughts into reality, you can expect to see both real and imagined events of jewish suffering manifest into reality.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Mar '12 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why didn't the prayers of Jews save them from the Holocaust?

    According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?
    Actually God no longer calls the Jews his people. They did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death he no longer deals, protects or blesses them.
  5. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Mar '12 01:47
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually God no longer calls the Jews his people. They did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death he no longer deals, protects or blesses them.
    do you think biblegod's covenant with the descendants of isaac wasn't everlasting?
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 02:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Actually God no longer calls the Jews his people. They did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death he no longer deals, protects or blesses them.
    So this, in your view, is the reason or one of the reasons they were not helped by God in the face of the genocide perpetrated against them?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Mar '12 02:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why didn't the prayers of Jews save them from the Holocaust?

    According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?
    Why only focus on the Holocaust? There was the slavery in Egypt for some 400 years. Then you had the conquest of Israel and subsequent captivity from empires like Babylon and Assyria and Rome. Then you had the persecution of the Jews throughout Europe for centuries leading up the the climax of the Holocaust. Now you see them surrounded by very angry determined people who wish to kill them all.

    Why the hate? :'(
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Mar '12 04:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    So this, in your view, is the reason or one of the reasons they were not helped by God in the face of the genocide perpetrated against them?
    Read your Bible to see why God turned his back on them...
  9. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Joined
    02 Oct '03
    Moves
    112520
    09 Mar '12 04:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Read your Bible to see why God turned his back on them...
    Wow. Your god turned his back on the Jews and made the JW his favorite son? I'd love to see how you spin this.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 04:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why only focus on the Holocaust? [...]

    Why the hate?
    Well why the Jews are hated has been discussed in detail several times relatively recently on the Debates Forum - on threads you participated in - and you're still pretending not to know? It is not the topic of this thread, anyway, whodey.

    And why only focus on the Holocaust? Well the Holocaust is what my OP is about. Do you have an answer or comment about the apparent failure of Jewish prayers and/or God's purpose [presumably in the eyes of Jews and Christians] in allowing the Holocaust to continue and take its toll?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 04:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Read your Bible to see why God turned his back on them...
    Well, billions of theists don't 'believe in' Jesus. If - according - to the competing theologies of Judaism and Christianity - Jesus's status and 'meaning' was not clear to the Chosen People, why would God - in your view - not make the revelation clearer and make it less open to religionist cherry picking and speculation?
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Mar '12 05:11
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    do you think biblegod's covenant with the descendants of isaac wasn't everlasting?
    yes. Clearly this is the case,

    (Matthew 21:42-43) . . .Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The
    stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone.
    From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvellous in our eyes’?  This is why I
    say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation
    producing its fruits. . .
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Mar '12 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well why the Jews are hated has been discussed in detail several times relatively recently on the Debates Forum - on threads you participated in - and you're still pretending not to know? It is not the topic of this thread, anyway, whodey.

    And why only focus on the Holocaust? Well the Holocaust is what my OP is about. Do you have an answer or comment about t y in the eyes of Jews and Christians] in allowing the Holocaust to continue and take its toll?
    The reason I mentioned it was that although I don't have all the answers, hard to believe I know, I can tell you what the Bible has to say on the matter.....that is, assuming God of the Bible exists.

    From the Biblical perspective, some of the persecution I mentioned was brought on themselves. They began acting wickedly and God sent judgement to them by conquering nations. God then turned his ear to their cries after such judgement and then judged the nations who conqured them to see if they had been too harsh.

    In Revelation we are left with a prophesy showing the continued persecution of God's chosen people that is never ending. After all, if they are God's chosen people then they are a target for God's enemies.

    Although the Bible is silent as to why they became slaves for hundreds of years and why the Holocaust was alowed to occur, we can speculate that there were similar reasons. Then again, maybe not. Just look at the life of Job. One thing is certain, however, according to Revelation this persecution will continue till the end of days.....and it has.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 07:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    One thing is certain, however, according to Revelation this persecution [of the Jews] will continue till the end of days.....and it has.
    So [in terms of your own religious belief] it's God's will?
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    09 Mar '12 07:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    In Revelation we are left with a prophesy showing the continued persecution of God's chosen people that is never ending. After all, if they are God's chosen people then they are a target for God's enemies.
    So, "God's chosen people" here refers to the Jews? Another Christian posted earlier that the Jews are not "God's chosen people" anymore because they "did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death...". Do you concur?
Back to Top