Why didn't their prayers save the Jews?

Why didn't their prayers save the Jews?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

Why didn't the prayers of Jews save them from the Holocaust?

According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF

According to theology, what could God's purpose have been in allowing his purportedly 'Chosen people' to suffer the partially successful attempt to exterminate them in the mid-C20th?
Ask God.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Mar 12

according to their religion, the jews have been programmed to believe that they are destined to suffer due to some ill conceived prophecy found in their bible. since humans in part, manifest their thoughts into reality, you can expect to see both real and imagined events of jewish suffering manifest into reality.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF

Actually God no longer calls the Jews his people. They did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death he no longer deals, protects or blesses them.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Actually God no longer calls the Jews his people. They did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death he no longer deals, protects or blesses them.
do you think biblegod's covenant with the descendants of isaac wasn't everlasting?

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

So this, in your view, is the reason or one of the reasons they were not helped by God in the face of the genocide perpetrated against them?

w

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF

Why only focus on the Holocaust? There was the slavery in Egypt for some 400 years. Then you had the conquest of Israel and subsequent captivity from empires like Babylon and Assyria and Rome. Then you had the persecution of the Jews throughout Europe for centuries leading up the the climax of the Holocaust. Now you see them surrounded by very angry determined people who wish to kill them all.

Why the hate? :'(

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF
So this, in your view, is the reason or one of the reasons they were not helped by God in the face of the genocide perpetrated against them?
Read your Bible to see why God turned his back on them...

u
semper fi

Moves
09 Mar 12

Wow. Your god turned his back on the Jews and made the JW his favorite son? I'd love to see how you spin this.

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by whodey
Why only focus on the Holocaust? [...]

Why the hate?
Well why the Jews are hated has been discussed in detail several times relatively recently on the Debates Forum - on threads you participated in - and you're still pretending not to know? It is not the topic of this thread, anyway, whodey.

And why only focus on the Holocaust? Well the Holocaust is what my OP is about. Do you have an answer or comment about the apparent failure of Jewish prayers and/or God's purpose [presumably in the eyes of Jews and Christians] in allowing the Holocaust to continue and take its toll?

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

Well, billions of theists don't 'believe in' Jesus. If - according - to the competing theologies of Judaism and Christianity - Jesus's status and 'meaning' was not clear to the Chosen People, why would God - in your view - not make the revelation clearer and make it less open to religionist cherry picking and speculation?

rc

Moves
09 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
do you think biblegod's covenant with the descendants of isaac wasn't everlasting?
yes. Clearly this is the case,

(Matthew 21:42-43) . . .Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The
stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone.
From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvellous in our eyes’?  This is why I
say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation
producing its fruits. . .

w

Moves
09 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well why the Jews are hated has been discussed in detail several times relatively recently on the Debates Forum - on threads you participated in - and you're still pretending not to know? It is not the topic of this thread, anyway, whodey.

And why only focus on the Holocaust? Well the Holocaust is what my OP is about. Do you have an answer or comment about t y in the eyes of Jews and Christians] in allowing the Holocaust to continue and take its toll?
The reason I mentioned it was that although I don't have all the answers, hard to believe I know, I can tell you what the Bible has to say on the matter.....that is, assuming God of the Bible exists.

From the Biblical perspective, some of the persecution I mentioned was brought on themselves. They began acting wickedly and God sent judgement to them by conquering nations. God then turned his ear to their cries after such judgement and then judged the nations who conqured them to see if they had been too harsh.

In Revelation we are left with a prophesy showing the continued persecution of God's chosen people that is never ending. After all, if they are God's chosen people then they are a target for God's enemies.

Although the Bible is silent as to why they became slaves for hundreds of years and why the Holocaust was alowed to occur, we can speculate that there were similar reasons. Then again, maybe not. Just look at the life of Job. One thing is certain, however, according to Revelation this persecution will continue till the end of days.....and it has.

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

One thing is certain, however, according to Revelation this persecution [of the Jews] will continue till the end of days.....and it has.
So [in terms of your own religious belief] it's God's will?

F

Moves
09 Mar 12

In Revelation we are left with a prophesy showing the continued persecution of God's chosen people that is never ending. After all, if they are God's chosen people then they are a target for God's enemies.
So, "God's chosen people" here refers to the Jews? Another Christian posted earlier that the Jews are not "God's chosen people" anymore because they "did not accept Jesus who is God's son as the Messiah and was actually behind his death...". Do you concur?