Why do people in this forum think they are better then everybody else.

Why do people in this forum think they are better then everybody else.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23

Atheists, Christians or muslim lovers they all consider themselves more important then others who take part in this forum.

F

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
Atheists, Christians or muslim lovers they all consider themselves more important then others who take part in this forum.
Everybody's substance on a message board is essentially the substance of what they post. All posts/posters are not equal in terms of the quality or sincerity or relevance or usefulness of what they have to say. People cannot be equally important because importance is subjective. The internet empowers people but it does so indiscriminately.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23

@fmf said
Everybody's substance on a message board is essentially the substance of what they post. All posts/posters are not equal in terms of the quality or sincerity or relevance or usefulness of what they have to say. People cannot be equally important because importance is subjective. The internet empowers people but it does so indiscriminately.
off topic

F

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
off topic
Not so. You asked about the issue of how "important" people consider themselves [and, by extension, others] to be when engaging in debate and discussion on a forum like this.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23
1 edit

@fmf said
Not so. You asked about the issue of how "important" people consider themselves [and, by extension, others] to be when engaging in debate and discussion on a forum like this.
the topic is why people feel more important than others not do not treat everyone equal.

F

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
the topic is why people feel more important than others not do not treat everyone equal.
Because people are not equal.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23
1 edit

@fmf said
Because people are not equal.
move along. nothing to do with cheese.

Or are you saying it is justifiable you are superior because of the criteria you lay out.

F

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
Or are you saying it is justifiable you are superior because of the criteria you lay out.
Who is more "important" or less "important" or "superior" or "inferior" to someone else is a subjective matter for each person.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
I do not consider myself more important, just frequently more correct.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23

@fmf said
Who is more "important" or less "important" or "superior" or "inferior" to someone else is a subjective matter for each person.
And the hypothesis was all people in the spirituality forum think they are better then everybody else. Can't be true.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
It is the starting place we see ourselves in, I believe each one of us was made in the image of God so it is a common place for all people regardless of everything else about them. If any has some notion that there are some better than others that creates an unlevel playing field then your assessment is correct. We were made in God's image and we are all fallen so none are better than the next guy no matter what we think of ourselves or others.

I

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I do not consider myself more important, just frequently more correct.
So as an atheist you feel superior. What about love. Do you have superior love to kelly jay?

I

Moves
05 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
It is the starting place we see ourselves in, I believe each one of us was made in the image of God so it is a common place for all people regardless of everything else about them. If any has some notion that there are some better than others that creates an unlevel playing field then your assessment is correct. We were made in God's image and we are all fallen so none are better than the next guy no matter what we think of ourselves or others.
Do you noy feel superior because you have god's love?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
05 Mar 23

@IronHorse21

a horse is given blinders to help shield him from his fear
tunnel vision is his balm
to see everything and to realize yer fear, and allow it to pass, will bring peace

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
So as an atheist you feel superior. What about love. Do you have superior love to kelly jay?
How did you get that from my reply?

Are correct people superior or merely correct?