Why do people in this forum think they are better then everybody else.

Why do people in this forum think they are better then everybody else.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
I'm wondering if there are those here who do feel like they are better than others here or others who have been here and left but just don't want to be the first to admit it. 🙂
The terms we are using are very subjective: "better", "important", "superior", and "equal". The OP poster said: "the topic is why do people feel more important than others and not treat everyone equally?" It's all very subjective. We are "equal", of course, in as much as the subs we pay are the same and various TOS rules apply to us equally. But the notion that we are all "equal" in terms of attributes, capacities, abilities, and things like integrity and insight is little more than touchy-feely, millennial-style doubleplusgood speak.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 23

@fmf said
Because people are not equal.
True I am superior to you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 23

🤪

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
08 Mar 23
1 edit

He who would be greatest will be least

I don’t

I feel that if this forum is conducted properly we can all learn from each other. If anyone feels that they are greater than anyone else they should name that person and the areas that they exceed. Then list this areas where they are weaker than the nominated person.

F

Moves
08 Mar 23

@medullah said
If anyone feels that they are greater than anyone else they should name that person and the areas that they exceed.
Why?

F

Moves
08 Mar 23

@medullah said
I feel that if this forum is conducted properly we can all learn from each other.
I agree that a forum like this is a place where we can learn things from each other.

Moves
09 Mar 23

@medullah said
He who would be greatest will be least

I don’t

I feel that if this forum is conducted properly we can all learn from each other. If anyone feels that they are greater than anyone else they should name that person and the areas that they exceed. Then list this areas where they are weaker than the nominated person.
I feel the same way, with possible acceptance, love and growth for all.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
09 Mar 23

@fmf said
Why?
Because if you feel that way there is clearly a humility issue - even if you have a higher iq better job etc looking down on on people isn’t the way to go.

That’s the beginning of we are better than apartheid approach

There is always somebody better than you, and always somebody worse. Pulling together is the way forward for humanity in my assessment.

Would you disagree and why ?

F

Moves
09 Mar 23

@medullah said
Because if you feel that way there is clearly a humility issue - even if you have a higher iq better job etc looking down on on people isn’t the way to go.

That’s the beginning of we are better than apartheid approach

There is always somebody better than you, and always somebody worse. Pulling together is the way forward for humanity in my assessment.
I don't see how there is necessarily "a humility issue".

I haven't mentioned "looking down on people", you have.

I see nobody here suggesting an "apartheid approach".

You seem to be relying very heavily on strawmen.

There is always somebody better than you, and always somebody worse.

So you DO think that people can be "better" and "worse" than one another?

If they recognize that they are, what's the harm?

If that is the reality, "humility" may or may not be an issue, and yet you appear to think it is.

There is nothing about the fact that all people are not equal ~ in the way I defined it on the previous page ~ that precludes a group of people from "pulling together".

F

Moves
09 Mar 23

@medullah said
Would you disagree and why ?
If anyone feels that they are greater than anyone else they should name that person and the areas that they exceed.

You used the word "should".

I don't think there is any onus whatsoever on you - or anyone else - to share your subjective thoughts or opinions on any topic, and I am content to listen to and weigh those subjective thoughts that you DO choose to share or offer for scrutiny.

I am not somehow entitled to have access to ideas of yours that you have decided not to expound upon.

Now, if the public discourse, indeed, happens to be 'FMF's opinion about X or Y or Z', and I choose NOT to answer; by all means, feel free to suggest that my inability or unwillingness to answer is a part of the discourse.

I apply this perspective to others here when topics are being debated or claims are being made.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 23

@ironhorse21 said
Atheists, Christians or muslim lovers they all consider themselves more important then others who take part in this forum.
Fortunately for all of us you can no longer “take part in this forum”.