1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 21:39
    I believe in God and god. One is the Creator of the earth and the other is the god of this world.
  2. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:00
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I believe in God and god. One is the Creator of the earth and the other is the god of this world.
    Yes, but why?
  3. Jupiter
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:09
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Yes, but why?
    What a coherant thread... I'm glad I read this one.
  4. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:13
    Originally posted by fooey
    What a coherant thread... I'm glad I read this one.
    Why?
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:15
    Why?
    When?
  6. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:19
    The reason of people to believe in God, reincarnation or in what people can believe in, is that people are afraid of death.
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:29
    Originally posted by trevor33
    god, God its just a word nothing more
    Can one believe in a word?
  8. Forgotten
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 23:40
    my beliefs are too complex and varied to explain briefly
    also they change from day to day
    i do think there is some sort of a force out there
    i call it THE SCHWARTZ i theink THE SCHWARTZ is everywhere
    and some little guy with a big helmet is the evil one
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 01:04
    Why?
    Because at one point in my life I decided that all is vanity. Work, play, and then a hole in the ground. Life had no meaning. Sure, you could gain riches, pleasure, gain wisdom, and enjoy it all! But then comes that hole in the ground. Someone gets my riches, and I have no control over anything after I'm dead. Even if I achieved fame so that my name would be remembered, so what? I can't even take pleasure in that after I'm gone! I won't even know if I succeeded. I end up in that hole. No conciousness, no memory, I just cease to exist. I thought there had to be more.
    Then, one day I went to the theater and watched the Exorsist. My friends and I found that it was based on a true story. I was young then and terrified watching this thing. And it was based on a true story?...
    Well...that started me on a quest. I did a little research and found it wasn't a little girl, but a boy....
    In any event, I thought...if there is really a Satan, then there has to be a God. I was raised Catholic, but this was forced upon me by my parents. Anyway, there were not many answers. I prayed and studied different religions, reincarnation, I went to different churches, Pentecostal, Baptist, Catholic, Assemblies of God, etc....
    Well, I'm not going to give my full life story here....but to sum it up, I was looking for God, but a funny thing happened, He found me!
    I was on my way to cop some pot....the person with the goods had been born again since the last time I had "visited"...he told me about his experience and taught me some things about the bible like I had never heard before....anyway, that is when Jesus Christ revealed Himself to me in ways I cannot explain. I was on a high like I never had before. And it wasn't from pot, he didn't have any. I felt a peace at the same time and when I got home my wife asked what happened, because she said something is different....Anyway, that is when my biblical research began, in 1975. Since then, I have seen things that would blow many away. I have had encounters with evil spirits and watched the power of God as they were overcome, I have seen genuine healings, I could go on and on....but I have grown a little since, the excitement is still there, I have a little wisdom and my faith continues to grow. I have heard people say the bible is full of stories, myths, lies, etc. My answer is still the same. Once I was blind and now I see. I cannot refute that. Regardless of what I am told, I know what I have seen, I have seen Jesus work in my life over and over. At one time the bible was very difficult to understand, now that has changed too.
    I am also aware that as soon as I post this, the wolves are out there licking their chops ready to attack my every word, and that's fine, they haven't searched with a sincere heart. That is why they don't know Him.
    I'll close with my favorite verses....

Jer 9:23-24
    23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
    24 But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 01:17
    Because at one point in my life I decided that all is vanity. Work, play, and then a hole in the ground. Life had no meaning. Sure, you could gain riches, pleasure, gain wisdom, and enjoy it all! But then comes that hole in the ground. Someone gets my riches, and I have no control over anything after I'm dead. Even if I achieved fame so that my name wou ...[text shortened]... dness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
    That has to be the worst reason to become religious ever.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 02:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That has to be the worst reason to become religious ever.
    What would be a good reason?
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 02:31
    What would be a good reason?
    Why are you asking me that? I don't believe.
    All I know is that becoming born again because of the Exorcist and trying to score drugs is hilarious.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 02:45
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why are you asking me that? I don't believe.
    All I know is that becoming born again because of the Exorcist and trying to score drugs is hilarious.
    Well, I'm impressed....someone who looks forward to that hole in the ground.😉
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 03:00
    Well, I'm impressed....someone who looks forward to that hole in the ground.😉
    It’s typical for atheists to see only the circumstances and not the substance. Thanks for the post.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 03:04
    Decoder Ring Christians Unite!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree