1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 03:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Decoder Ring Christians Unite!
    Is the what the hell you say when you can't think of anything to type?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 03:21
    the
  3. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 07:19
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Could you give an example of your personal experience? (im just very currious)
    I've seen an encounter with God change peoples lives for the better when nothing else worked. I myself experienced such a revolution. I've seen people recieve prayer for cancer and other serious medical conditions, which, upon return to a doctor, no longer can be detected. I've had my own prayers answered in ways that defy all odds.
  4. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 07:43
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That has to be the worst reason to become religious ever.
    Can you match it by explaining why you are a non-believer? I dare you, and be as intricate as his post....
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 07:46
    Originally posted by yousers
    I've seen an encounter with God change peoples lives for the better when nothing else worked. I myself experienced such a revolution. I've seen people recieve prayer for cancer and other serious medical conditions, which, upon return to a doctor, no longer can be detected. I've had my own prayers answered in ways that defy all odds.
    I believe you.

At the same time, people have cured themselves of cancer through visualisation exercises without reference to God, although some of them will invoke a "higher self". Then there is the case of Austin Osman Spare, the magician who used his nicotine addiction to work magic, rather than using magic to cure himself of nicotine addiction.

In my (exalted) opinion, these things work whether the results are ascribed to God, god, the Higher Self, or the sub-conscious. What's up with that?
  6. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 02:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I believe you.

At the same time, people have cured themselves of cancer through visualisation exercises without reference to God, although some of them will invoke a "higher self". Then there is the case of Austin Osman Spare, the magician who used his nicotine addiction to work magic, rather than using magic to cure himself of nicotine addiction. ...[text shortened]... e results are ascribed to God, god, the Higher Self, or the sub-conscious. What's up with that?
    Good point. I agree that things like these happen without any connection to God or even religion. I think its an illustration of the existence of a spirtual world that is not exclusive to one being. God is all-powerful and omniscient, but he is not the only supernatural power. That might sound like a bunch of religious dogma, and it is.
    Your point is taken; I can't logically base faith on supernatural events when God is not the exclusive cause of them. These things are only faith-builders. My belief lies in my first-hand experience of such things within my own life, and ultimately on a personal relationship with God. I believe the only way to have real faith is to interact personally with a living God.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 02:30
    I believe you.

At the same time, people have cured themselves of cancer through visualisation exercises without reference to God, although some of them will invoke a "higher self". Then there is the case of Austin Osman Spare, the magician who used his nicotine addiction to work magic, rather than using magic to cure himself of nicotine addiction. ...[text shortened]... e results are ascribed to God, god, the Higher Self, or the sub-conscious. What's up with that?
    Agreed, that there is much we do not know. I can only say that according to the bible there will be deception going on as well. The bible says there is demonic activity and much of that is used in a deceptive way to confuse people and leave them wondering about the authenticity of the bible.
  8. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 07:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    What would be a good reason?
    A punishing, eight-week sexual re-education programme administered by 17-year-old Japanese triplets in schoolgirl uniforms.

Now *that* would be a good reason.
  9. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 07:54
    I believe in God and god. One is the Creator of the earth and the other is the god of this world.
    So you're not a Christian, then?
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 08:16
    Agreed, that there is much we do not know. I can only say that according to the bible there will be deception going on as well. The bible says there is demonic activity and much of that is used in a deceptive way to confuse people and leave them wondering about the authenticity of the bible.
    This is self-perpetuating nonsense. "This book is THE WORD OF GOD. Any attempt to cast doubt on the truth of this statement is the WORK OF THE DEVIL and goes against THE WORD OF GOD". (Capitalized for the benefit of BF101). Do you see the circular reasoning inherent in this position?
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 08:17
    Originally posted by David C
    This is self-perpetuating nonsense. "This book is THE WORD OF GOD. Any attempt to cast doubt on the truth of this statement is the WORK OF THE DEVIL and goes against THE WORD OF GOD". (Capitalized for the benefit of BF101). Do you see the circular reasoning inherent in this position?
    Are you a demon?
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 08:51
    Are you a demon?
    Clearly, I am not. Do you not see my forum title?
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 09:41
    ROTFL
  14. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 09:52
    Demons do lie David.
  15. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 09:59
    Originally posted by Halitose
    ROTFL
    Are you a demon....a nice one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree