1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Isn't the crux of the theological argument for fatalism something like the following?

If a future voluntary act can be known to occur with certainty--a cognizance that God is supposed to have--then the only way for this to be true is if that act cannot possibly not occur. Otherwise, how could the voluntary act be known to occur with [i]certain ce, the agent's feeling of having more than one choice of act available to them is illusory.
    Only the inevitability of the act's occurrence guarantees the possibility of zero doubt on God's part as regards its future occurrence.

.....This is the bit you got wrong. It's not the inevitability of the act that means zero doubt on God's part it's the fact that it has already happened for God. Up to the point when it happens the future is not set at all. It's only after it happens that it then becomes set just as all past events are set. His knowledge of your future is dependent on his knowledge of what has aready occurred. God does not move in linear timelines like us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree