1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 09:16
    Is it because He is:
    a) Only omnipitent on weekdays & cannot stop evil
    or maybe
    b) Is all powerful but allows suffering & is therefore not benevolent?

Also, presumably God created evil. If so, why should we suffer for His sins?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 10:37
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Is it because He is:
    or maybe

Or, (c) imaginary.
  3. Standard memberMr. Brightside
    Idle Passion
    amidst the smoke
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:41
    Is it because He is:
    or maybe

So, are we saying that suffering has no benefit?
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:59
    Originally posted by Mr. Brightside
    The question is, does all suffering & evil acts have benficial aspects to them.

I don't think anyone can argue that they do.

Therefore, God is either sadistic, unconcerned or has limited powers.
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:07
    its because god isnt good or evil, he just is, as much as god doesnt stop good things happening neither does he stop bad things... this is why he gave us free will
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:11
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    its because god isnt good or evil, he just is, as much as god doesnt stop good things happening neither does he stop bad things... this is why he gave us free will
    And why do we want free will? I would rather live in a world with no evil and suffering, and be told what to do, rather than the one we live in.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:30
    Originally posted by wedgehead2
    And why do we want free will? I would rather live in a world with no evil and suffering, and be told what to do, rather than the one we live in.
    Ah , but would you be sentient? Would you be able to love? Would you even be human?
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:36
    Is it because He is:
    or maybe

You are right , why should we suffer for his sins , it's not fair , If God was just and fair he would suffer in our place. He would pay the price in our place and take our sins and suffering on himself. I know .let's put him on a cross! Now there's an idea!
  9. The sky
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 15:07
    Originally posted by Mr. Brightside
    To take an example, I can't see any benefit in letting people burn in hell forever. Can you?
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    You are right , why should we suffer for his sins , it's not fair , If God was just and fair he would suffer in our place. He would pay the price in our place and take our sins and suffering on himself. I know .let's put him on a cross! Now there's an idea!
    That didn't answer my question, but I assume you accept God created evil.

Why does God need suffering at all?
    Would we really be the worse for not having to experience child abuse or millions killed in the Haulocaust?

You must accept that God is responsible for the existence of evil unless He is not almighty.
    Therefore God is partly evil.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 16:38
    Ah , but would you be sentient? Would you be able to love? Would you even be human?
    I still don't see why we should be unable to love if we were incapable of doing something evil. Besides, if you need to have the choice between good and evil to be able to love, wouldn't that mean that an omnibenevolent god can't love?
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:26
    An omnipotent god could create a world without suffering and still retain free will. Right?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:29
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    Ah, but considering that God is omniscient, do we really have free will? He created the universe in just one way, and no other. He knew every detail of what would take place in that reality. Thus, we HAVE no free will. We are simply travelling along a divinely pre-determined path. God deigned that I will burn for hell in eternity, since he created me in full knowledge I'd never believe in him. So much for omnibenevolence.
  14. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:34
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Ah, but considering that God is omniscient, do we really have free will? He created the universe in just one way, and no other. He knew every detail of what would take place in that reality. Thus, we HAVE no free will. We are simply travelling along a divinely pre-determined path. God deigned that I will burn for hell in eternity, since he created me in full knowledge I'd never believe in him. So much for omnibenevolence.
    I think what the poster meant was God gave believers the impression they have free will

From any rational point of view you are right, scottishinnz.
    What kind of God is a Creator with partial knowledge or power?

I don't see the theists lining up to give answers as to who or what is ultimately responsible for the existence of evil. Odd, that!😉😛😉
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:35
    why does god allow evil?
    why do you allow evil?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree