Why don't you accept Islam

Why don't you accept Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Charlie93
Religion is like a trip in which you carry all your belongings at the back. Once you are in your accepted religion, it's very hard to go back to the fork in the road. You are committed already. It's like asking a Muslim why he hasn't accepted the Bible. One thing in Islam that I don't like is the acceptance of polygamy. Is that doctrine accepted whole e to accept the Bible as my holy book. At the same time, I respect Islam's holy book. 😉
As a Christian you HAVE to...what happened to free will? Shouldn't it be the other way around? You are a Christian BECAUSE you believe the Bible?

h

Moves
06 Mar 08

Islam and Christianity contradict each other fundametally and so both cannot be true. Is Jesus God as a man? Christianity says YES whereas Islam says NO. I am a YES man and so cannot be a NO man. This is why I reject Isalm.

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by moderationman
Why dont you accept the flying spaghetti monster? The flying spaghetti monster created the world, and there is no reason to be fooled by false gods like Allah, Mohammed, Jesus, Moses, Bejeesus, Najibullah, Buddha, Burkan al islam, Afghanistan, PM dawn, ayatollah kalb ibnil kalb, or any of the other false gods.
Fear the spaghetti monster!
This has been written before on another thread, right? HA!

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by echo
My dear friend, I am experiencing a similar journey to the one you speak of being on; an amazing, wonderful, peaceful, joyous and purely magical journey. Sure, bad things happen to me from time to time, sadnesss comes and goes but that's ok too.
I gave many years fearing death, trying to think of ways to evade it even. I cared little for the well being of oth ...[text shortened]... able to see this, perhaps through the smoke and blood of religious wars? Peace and Love to all
Magic? Wow. Ok.

I think it's sad that you don't see there is only one way not many ways to the truth.

s

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by hyphan
Islam and Christianity contradict each other fundametally and so both cannot be true. Is Jesus God as a man? Christianity says YES whereas Islam says NO. I am a YES man and so cannot be a NO man. This is why I reject Isalm.
Agreed. I'm not saying for anyone to believe in both at the same time. I'm asking why you choose Christianity over Islam, when there's no logical reason to prefer either.

s

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Charlie93
Religion is like a trip in which you carry all your belongings at the back. Once you are in your accepted religion, it's very hard to go back to the fork in the road. You are committed already. It's like asking a Muslim why he hasn't accepted the Bible. One thing in Islam that I don't like is the acceptance of polygamy. Is that doctrine accepted whole ...[text shortened]... e to accept the Bible as my holy book. At the same time, I respect Islam's holy book. 😉
Why do you chose one over the other? You don't chose Islam because of personal taste? It's not about whose religion you like most. Do you think you were born in say... Saudi Arabia you would ever be a Christian? Most likely you would be defending the Islam colors the same way. So, your beliefs are relative. If something is relative, you can't be sure of it and it doesn't make sense.

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by serigado
Agreed. I'm not saying for anyone to believe in both at the same time. I'm asking why you choose Christianity over Islam, when there's no logical reason to prefer either.
Yes there is a reason to pick one over the other. They both can't be right, they contradict one another. One provides the correct path and the other leads to destruction. I'd say that would be a logical reason to pick one over the other- the fact that one is right and one is wrong.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by chappy1
I'd say that would be a logical reason to pick one over the other- the fact that one is right and one is wrong.
lol. Great, big gaping hole in that logic right there. Do you know what it is?

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Why do you chose one over the other? You don't chose Islam because of personal taste? It's not about whose religion you like most. Do you think you were born in say... Saudi Arabia you would ever be a Christian? Most likely you would be defending the Islam colors the same way. So, your beliefs are relative. If something is relative, you can't be sure of it and it doesn't make sense.
No. There are Christians in every country in the world. Some have to be underground, granted but they are everywhere. Please don't tell us that we cannot be sure of our beliefs, because they do make sense to us.

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by David C
lol. Great, big gaping hole in that logic right there. Do you know what it is?
Do tell

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
07 Mar 08

Do tell
It's a false dilemma. They could both be false.

s

Moves
07 Mar 08

Yes there is a reason to pick one over the other. They both can't be right, they contradict one another. One provides the correct path and the other leads to destruction. I'd say that would be a logical reason to pick one over the other- the fact that one is right and one is wrong.
Correct path?? destruction? I don't see which one is the "righteous" one. You say one is right the other is wrong, but that's a personal opinion. I'm not a muslim, but I know that can't be right. There's nothing wrong with Islam as a religion. It might be less attractive, but it has less flaws than christianity.
If you see this as black and white, you're clearly blinded by your faith.

s

Moves
07 Mar 08

No. There are Christians in every country in the world. Some have to be underground, granted but they are everywhere. Please don't tell us that we cannot be sure of our beliefs, because they do make sense to us.
And there are Muslism all over the world too. Do you think 1 billion people are wrong? Why?
As you said, both can't be right. Why is Christianity right? Because you believe so? Because it's more attractive? There nothing you can support to say "my faith is the right one", or is there?

c

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by David C
It's a false dilemma. They could both be false.
No, only one.

c

Moves
07 Mar 08

And there are Muslism all over the world too. Do you think 1 billion people are wrong? Why?
As you said, both can't be right. Why is Christianity right? Because you believe so? Because it's more attractive? There nothing you can support to say "my faith is the right one", or is there?
Christianity is right because it provides atonement where Islam doesn't. God is perfectly holy, perfectly just, and perfectly merciful. He can't be perfectly holy if he allows sin into heaven and he can't be perfectly just if he doesn't punish sin and he can't be perfectly merciful if he doesn't allow for a chance to be forgiven. Through Jesus we are forgiven and therefore he is perfectly merciful. Through Jesus our sin was crucified and condemned, our proxy if you will and therefore he is perfectly just because he punished our sin through him and perfectly holy because he has made us clean by using Jesus and then of course sin will not be allowed in.

Without offering a proxy being perfectly merciful and perfectly just is impossible. Islam doesn't offer a proxy. Sin must be punished therefore God must deal with it, but then he isn't merciful. If he just lets it go then he's being merciful but not being just. Islam doesn't make sense and that is why I reject Islam and accept Jesus Christ.
.........And to answer your question, yes 1 billion people can be wrong. Actually the number is much higher than that........and they're wrong too.