Why don't you accept Islam

Why don't you accept Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
03 Mar 08
1 edit

A question for Christians out there.
After reading and trying to understand your reasoning, I must ask this question. There's a lot more evidence that the Qu'ran is the exact word of God (your same God) than the Bible. It has lesser inconsistencies, and makes a lot more sense.
Why don't you accept it? Because you don't like it? Because of cultural reasons?
The truth is, by your own arguments, you shouldn't have a reason to reject Islam.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by serigado
After reading and trying to understand your reasoning, I must ask this question. There's a lot more evidence that the Qu'ran is the exact word of God (your same God) than the Bible. It has lesser inconsistencies, and makes a lot more sense.
Why don't you accept it? Because you don't like it? Because of cultural reasons?
The truth is, by your own arguments, you shouldn't have a reason to reject Islam.
Because the Bible doesn't say "accept Islam".... Duh.......

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
03 Mar 08

There's a lot more evidence that the Qu'ran is the exact word of God (your same God) than the Bible.
Um, no. There's exactly the same amount of evidence that the Judeo-Christian Bible and the Muslim Qu'ran are the word of "god".

That is to say...none at all.

s

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by David C
Um, no. There's exactly the same amount of evidence that the Judeo-Christian Bible and the Muslim Qu'ran are the word of "god".

That is to say...none at all.
No. There's an original copy from the Qu'ran, and proof today's copies are exact to the original Muhammed's writings.
The point is exactly that one. There's nothing to prefer the Bible to the Qu'ran. But at least in the Qu'ran you know for sure it hasn't been tempered.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Mar 08

OK ... I will get converted right away.
You happy now ?

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
OK ... I will get converted right away.
You happy now ?
Yes. At least you are coherent.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
04 Mar 08

No. There's an original copy from the Qu'ran, and proof today's copies are exact to the original Muhammed's writings.
The point is exactly that one. There's nothing to prefer the Bible to the Qu'ran. But at least in the Qu'ran you know for sure it hasn't been tempered.
I never wondered about whether the Qu'ran is exact to the original Muhammed's writings, as you put it. In fact, I guess I always assumed they were. I also know there are plenty of materials supporting some of the translations of the Bible. That doesn't mean diddly squat. Just because Muhammed wrote it or Paul said it doesn't mean that it's God's word -- exact, paraphrased, or otherwise.

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
I never wondered about whether the Qu'ran is exact to the original Muhammed's writings, as you put it. In fact, I guess I always assumed they were. I also know there are plenty of materials supporting some of the translations of the Bible. That doesn't mean diddly squat. Just because Muhammed wrote it or Paul said it doesn't mean that it's God's word -- exact, paraphrased, or otherwise.
Yes, I can't agree more with you.
But my point is: IF you believe the Bible is the word of God, what makes you believe Qu'ran is not the word of God.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
04 Mar 08

Yes, I can't agree more with you.
But my point is: IF you believe the Bible is the word of God, what makes you believe Qu'ran is not the word of God.
To be perfectly honest, I don't believe either one is "the word of God."

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
04 Mar 08

Muhammad's writings? "Original"? You might want to check in to that a little deeper. Muhammad could neither read nor write, and these "writings" are those of his companions. Just as in Christianity, most of the original transmissions were ostensibly oral.

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by David C
Muhammad's writings? "Original"? You might want to check in to that a little deeper. Muhammad could neither read nor write, and these "writings" are those of his companions. Just as in Christianity, most of the original transmissions were ostensibly oral.
There's no dispute to the originality of the Qu'ran, that's what I mean.
Supposedly Muhammed memorized all of it, transmitted to his partners, and eventually it was written all at once, with minimal deturpations.
But that's not the point or discussion in this thread.
The question is: what's the reason for Christians not accepting what's written there. They base their belief in one book, but what makes them choose one book over the other? Personal taste? Indoctrination? Cultural aspects?

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

To be perfectly honest, I don't believe either one is "the word of God."
Agreed... but you see my point? There's no objective reason to choose one or the other. But if you chose one, what's the reason to not accept the other?

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
04 Mar 08

Agreed... but you see my point? There's no objective reason to choose one or the other. But if you chose one, what's the reason to not accept the other?
I'm wondering how many Muslims think there's no objective reason for not choosing Christianity.

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

I'm wondering how many Muslims think there's no objective reason for not choosing Christianity.
Islam is an addition to Christianity. They all believe Christ existed...

c

Moves
04 Mar 08

Islam is an addition to Christianity. They all believe Christ existed...
Yes but they don't believe Christ was the Son of God. They don't believe he died on the cross and don't believe he rose from the dead.