1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 10:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you and the billion other religious folk are just living lives of wishful thinking. All you do is continue your circular reasoning, citing bible concepts as if they were real, proving bible concepts because they are in the bible. That is poster boy for circular reasoning.

It is belief and belief only.

But you can't see beyond the bible and Islami ...[text shortened]... you know the mind of god' card, go for it. Just pulling that card does not refute my statement.
    I admit God is real, Jesus Christ is real and I and everyone else in Christianity can be wrong
    on so many levels about nearly everything as everyone can be.

You are always coming up with ways that show God is not real, because it doesn't fit what
    you'd do. You must have a high opinion of yourself to know what God should or should not
    do.

You cite quite a few things to prove your points that doesn't mean that what you cite is
    as real as you believe either. That is the place we all have to go to, what do we trust.

I think you too can be called brain watched by the godless thinking of this age thereby
    missing the truth that is right in front of you.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 12:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I admit God is real, Jesus Christ is real and I and everyone else in Christianity can be wrong
    on so many levels about nearly everything as everyone can be.

You are always coming up with ways that show God is not real, because it doesn't fit what
    you'd do. You must have a high opinion of yourself to know what God should or should not
    do.

You cite q ...[text shortened]... ed by the godless thinking of this age thereby
    missing the truth that is right in front of you.
    You still don't get it. You refuse to even acknowledge the presence of other religions as valid. You CAN'T because that would undermine your faith.

We were given minds that can reason whether as you beleive, from a god, or natural evolution, whatever, we can think things through. The only way the religious set can reason is to find ways of avowing thier faith, whatever that is. You are not allowed to question the life of JC or any of that. You are only allowed to question trivial side issues.

So you NEVER get to even entertain the concept of a non-interacting god, even allowing such a being exists.

You just ignore the fact literally hundreds of millions killed in wars, religious and secular and not a word from your god.

You say how do I know this god didn't stop a bigger evil or some such.

If it could have it would also have known what was GOING to happen hundreds of years before, thousands of years before and such tregedies as the Crusades would never have happened and all the rest leading up to century 19,20 and 21 and presumably the deaths by religious zealots in century 22 and 23 and 24.

NOTHING from your god but that is fine, god is just, we can't know the mind of god only worship this alleged being.

You can't even see that for what it is. Blind worship.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 13:23
    You still don't get it. You refuse to even acknowledge the presence of other religions as valid. You CAN'T because that would undermine your faith.

We were given minds that can reason whether as you beleive, from a god, or natural evolution, whatever, we can think things through. The only way the religious set can reason is to find ways of avowing thier ...[text shortened]... f god only worship this alleged being.

You can't even see that for what it is. Blind worship.
    You don't get it, I will tell you that there are people who call themselves Christian that are
    in error and will find themselves missing out on God. It isn't the 'label' Christian, it is the
    Lord God that matters, if you miss what God has done to save us through Jesus Christ
    even those that claim to be Christian will end up in Hell.

Man cannot measure up to God's standards, but man is being held to them as well as
    man's own standards. We are not saved because we are good enough, none of us are
    good enough, none of us are saved because we put in the proper time and effort into
    being good enough because it isn't by our works, but God's grace. So if we miss the
    grace of God by acknowledging what God has done to save us, we are left with what we
    bring to the table, the sad thing on our we will always come up short.

Denying God will not be an excuse!

I do not entertain the concept of a non-interacting God, because I don't believe God has
    left us to our own devices. I acknowledge that we kill ourselves off by the millions, we do
    that and far worse! I think if God didn't interfere we would even do far worse!

Religion isn't the answer for the human race, Jesus Christ is! I had my life turned around
    when I was 25 not by a empty nothing called God, but by a God who is a live and well. I
    was living at home after I got out of the Navy, no bills, great job, and knew I was missing
    something profound, and when I got saved He changed me. That was 35 years ago, He
    has been faithful through great good times and great bad ones. An empty word would not
    have been enough.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:28
    You don't get it, I will tell you that there are people who call themselves Christian that are
    in error and will find themselves missing out on God. It isn't the 'label' Christian, it is the
    Lord God that matters, if you miss what God has done to save us through Jesus Christ
    even those that claim to be Christian will end up in Hell.

Man cannot measure ...[text shortened]... faithful through great good times and great bad ones. An empty word would not
    have been enough.
    Sure, religion gives folks that warm fuzzy feeling alright, that is not in question, the real question is whether there is a deity involved. I say no. There is a region of the brain that makes people THINK they are talking to or feeling a deity and we can activate that region of the brain artificially with pulsing magnetic fields at the right part of the brain (outside, not invasive) and it inevitably makes people think a deity or SOMETHING exernal is in their heads.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:30
    Sure, religion gives folks that warm fuzzy feeling alright, that is not in question, the real question is whether there is a deity involved. I say no. There is a region of the brain that makes people THINK they are talking to or feeling a deity and we can activate that region of the brain artificially with pulsing magnetic fields at the right part of the br ...[text shortened]... t invasive) and it inevitably makes people think a deity or SOMETHING exernal is in their heads.
    I say yes there is a deity involved.
    I also say there is no reason you can come up with that explains how everything got here
    outside of something/someone making it happen.
    The warm and fuzzy you get thinking there is a reason you just don't know it will not avail
    you in the end.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 20:29
    I say yes there is a deity involved.
    I also say there is no reason you can come up with that explains how everything got here
    outside of something/someone making it happen.
    The warm and fuzzy you get thinking there is a reason you just don't know it will not avail
    you in the end.
    It has worked for me for 74 years so far and I am afraid of NOTHING including death. I live on in my children and my works, the use of my creativity which will be around long after I am gone, someone will listen to the music I compose. Someone will remember me. That's all I need. I don't need to constantly refer to some deity or other.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 23:05
    It has worked for me for 74 years so far and I am afraid of NOTHING including death. I live on in my children and my works, the use of my creativity which will be around long after I am gone, someone will listen to the music I compose. Someone will remember me. That's all I need. I don't need to constantly refer to some deity or other.
    Well I hope you are blessed a lot longer than 74 years. Never heard your music, wouldn't
    mind hearing it!

That said, you will be around a lot longer than 74 years once you pass away from this life.
    Your denial of God will matter there even more so than it does here.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 10:01
    Well I hope you are blessed a lot longer than 74 years. Never heard your music, wouldn't
    mind hearing it!

That said, you will be around a lot longer than 74 years once you pass away from this life.
    Your denial of God will matter there even more so than it does here.
    That is another set of wishful thinking but hey, if it floats your boat....

Give me your email in pm and I can send you a bunch of our music if you want. I don't abuse email.
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 13:26
    You know how human's should act, according to...you? Well all of mankind has been
    waiting on you than, what took you so long and how come you have not spread the word
    on how we should be acting by now?
    Excellent!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 14:44
    That is another set of wishful thinking but hey, if it floats your boat....

Give me your email in pm and I can send you a bunch of our music if you want. I don't abuse email.
    Did I tell you I posted some of my tunes to soundcloud? Under Sonhouse.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 18:14
    Did I tell you I posted some of my tunes to soundcloud? Under Sonhouse.
    You have only 10 songs there now?
    Trying to make sure I'm listening to you.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 22:31
    You have only 10 songs there now?
    Trying to make sure I'm listening to you.
    For now, 10. I am writing new tunes right now, have to record some and convert to Mp3 to put up on SC.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 00:591 edit
    For now, 10. I am writing new tunes right now, have to record some and convert to Mp3 to put up on SC.
    Up to 13 now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree