1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 14:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You know full well what I mean. A god would think the same, that it is wrong to kill, much less kill LITERALLY millions of people. HUMANS took care of the situation in WW2, not a god. And of course killing for religion is going on today as we speak, children killed for daring to want an education. For religious reasons. Like a god would decree that kind of ...[text shortened]... els but a MAN 50.

If you believe that came from a god you are fully brainwashed and deluded.
    I am not the one claiming to know how God should view things that is you. My abilities
    start and end with my abilities to gather information from the universe around me. The
    God of the Bible sees it all quite differently since God sees it all at once, has total
    knowledge about the largest pieces to the smallest, and can act any where, at any time,
    or any reason. God holds the whole universe together by the power of His Word while I
    on the other hand have bills to pay and a family to feed.

What God sees as important I may not, and what I see as an issue in my life God may not.

My life ends here once I'm gone as far as I know, I may believe otherwise but my beliefs
    will not alter the truth of what happens next any more than yours will either. God would
    know and with that knowledge know what is more important leading into the next part of
    life and see things differently than we do.

For all I know our actions of love and grace as well as our own absolute cruelty could be
    a filter for the next life. What we go through here and how we behave may be much more
    important than what we go through, but that again would mean we would need to know
    the hows and whys we are here now. That is NOT knowledge you currently have.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 22:46
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    No I don't. If something is wrong regardless of what people think or believe then it is objectively wrong.
    You confirmed that your own opinion outweighs the opinion of God. You said that killing random kids is wrong even if God tells you to go kill random kids. You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 22:51
    By figure it out on our own do you mean that there is a universal standard of right and wrong that we need to discover?
    No. I mean you need to figure out what you stand for. It's a wide and deep subject for the honest thinker. Or, if you're clueless about this, just toe the line of the religion that culture, society and family inflicts on you. That is easiest for many.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jun '16 04:371 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    You confirmed that your own opinion outweighs the opinion of God. You said that killing random kids is wrong even if God tells you to go kill random kids. You suffer from cognitive dissonance.
    No I said even if someone thought God was telling them that, it would be wrong because if they did think God was telling them that they would be crazy.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jun '16 05:312 edits
    No. I mean you need to figure out what [b]you stand for. It's a wide and deep subject for the honest thinker. Or, if you're clueless about this, just toe the line of the religion that culture, society and family inflicts on you. That is easiest for many.[/b]
    No. I mean you need to figure out what you stand for.

Why would what I stand for matter if it were only my subjective opinion?

I definitely agree that we should not blindly follow the masses.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 22:35
    No I said even if someone thought God was telling them that, it would be wrong because if they did think God was telling them that they would be crazy.
    Why would that mean they are crazy?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 22:39
    [b]No. I mean you need to figure out what you stand for.

Why would what I stand for matter if it were only my subjective opinion?

I definitely agree that we should not blindly follow the masses.[/b]
    It would matter because you decided to stand for it.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 05:51
    Why would that mean they are crazy?
    Because no one in their right mind kills people for no reason because they think a Devine being is instructing them to do so.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 05:51
    It would matter [b]because you decided to stand for it.[/b]
    It would matter only to myself?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 17:19
    Because no one in their right mind kills people for no reason because they think a Devine being is instructing them to do so.
    I agree. You confirm that humans should judge the gods.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 17:20
    It would matter only to myself?
    No. You take a stand and make a mark, remember? This can have ripple effects all over the place.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 17:34
    I agree. You confirm that humans should judge the gods.
    Or what I mean is people who hear voices in their heads (that they think is a God telling them to kill people) are crazy.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 17:35
    No. You take a stand and make a mark, remember? This can have ripple effects all over the place.
    What about people who stand up for beliefs that they think are true but they aren't?
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 17:551 edit
    I can't be a bible-god atheist anymore ... now that I have realized it was all just humanity looking at itself in a mirror.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 16:54
    Or what I mean is people who hear voices in their heads (that they think is a God telling them to kill people) are crazy.
    But that amounts to implying that we should judge the gods. Unless you mean that the gods never speak to people in their heads?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree