1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 11:55
    This alleged god allowed LITERALLY hundreds of millions of people to die by the hands of despots and war in centuries past and still going on today.

The fact there was zero from your alleged god shows quite clearly just how much it must care for humanity, even assuming it exists, which I can confidently say does not.

That is not the same as saying there is no god.

I just am saying there is no god who gives a crap about the lives of humans.

And OF COURSE the theistic answer would be 'so now you know the mind of god'.

This is not knowing, this is observations of what has actually happened to all those millions of children, women, old men and young ones who died from war and despots.

My case is a real god who loves mankind would never allow such atrocities to take place.

The OT god allegedly helped out small tribes in the desert achieve victories and it announced it is a jealous god, vengeful and so forth, as if a god who could create whole universes would have ANY kind of motive to be jealous of mere humans, who, after all, is just an advanced ape, with genes 99 odd percent identical to Bonobo's and such.

'Jealous god'. An oxymoron.

Oh, you don't follow the OT, I forgot. I guess you have TWO gods then, the nice one of the NT and the old vengeful, jealous god of the OT.

Maybe you also have two trinities then also.

You are all caught up in a fantasy, cleverly manufactured to make it sound like you have some hope at some kind of eternal life, as if a god would be able to STAND a trillion humans floating around in its space, singing hymns and worshiping this alleged god 24/7.

All the cleverness of early mankind condensed into religious books like the Quaran and the bible.

All equally as full of shyte as a christmas turkey.

Like a god would ever say a woman is worth 30 shekels but a MAN is worth 50.

Gee, how CONVENIENT, a book written by men saying such nonsense.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '16 13:58
    Oh, you don't follow the OT, I forgot. I guess you have TWO gods then, the nice one of the NT and the old vengeful, jealous god of the OT.

Maybe you also have two trinities then also.

I never thought of it that way, good one. Two Trinities...LOL
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 16:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This alleged god allowed LITERALLY hundreds of millions of people to die by the hands of despots and war in centuries past and still going on today.

The fact there was zero from your alleged god shows quite clearly just how much it must care for humanity, even assuming it exists, which I can confidently say does not.

That is not the same as saying th ...[text shortened]... ekels but a MAN is worth 50.

You think you have a clue what God should act like, where did you get that knowledge?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 19:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You think you have a clue what God should act like, where did you get that knowledge?
    Well I know what HUMAN'S SHOULD act like. They in fact DID step in and stop the slaughter, I think it was called World War 2.

Your alleged bible god is supposed to be morally way superior to humans and if so, why did it take a world war to stop the atrocities?

This is not a god I would EVER associate myself with and I don't see how ANY sane person could either.

The whole affair was made by mankind in the first place but you do not have enough in the way of independent critical thinking to ever realize that absolute fact.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 May '16 20:32

That is not the same as saying th ...[text shortened]... ekels but a MAN is worth 50.

Just because you don't understand the Christian God, doesn't mean He isn't "real".

Insofar as I can tell, the Christian God is primarily interested in the outcome of sporting events, entertainment awards, etc.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 21:14
    uOriginally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Just because you don't understand the Christian God, doesn't mean He isn't "real".

Insofar as I can tell, the Christian God is primarily interested in the outcome of sporting events, entertainment awards, etc.
    Do you think this god and Lucifer bet on sporting events, nudging one player to win while the other tries its best to un-nudge? Like shave a second or so off horse races for the one they want to win?

Maybe put a bit extra push on a quarter mile rail race?

Maybe put a bit extra spin on an overhead smash by Federer?

I wonder what their bets would entail. Hey Luc, you lost that one, you have to give me 1000 souls, etc.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 22:421 edit
    Well I know what HUMAN'S SHOULD act like. They in fact DID step in and stop the slaughter, I think it was called World War 2.

Your alleged bible god is supposed to be morally way superior to humans and if so, why did it take a world war to stop the atrocities?

This is not a god I would EVER associate myself with and I don't see how ANY sane person c ...[text shortened]... not have enough in the way of independent critical thinking to ever realize that absolute fact.
    You know how human's should act, according to...you? Well all of mankind has been
    waiting on you than, what took you so long and how come you have not spread the word
    on how we should be acting by now?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '16 09:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You know how human's should act, according to...you? Well all of mankind has been
    waiting on you than, what took you so long and how come you have not spread the word
    on how we should be acting by now?
    You know full well what I mean. A god would think the same, that it is wrong to kill, much less kill LITERALLY millions of people. HUMANS took care of the situation in WW2, not a god. And of course killing for religion is going on today as we speak, children killed for daring to want an education. For religious reasons. Like a god would decree that kind of absolute cruelty.

But of course, you, being brainwashed just like the billions of other humans could never believe a god would not condemn such atrocities.

The simple truth is ALL morality is made up by men and by men I mean males. Males are the ones inventing religions, Abraham, Mohammed, Jesus, Moses. Not many women involved in that. Which of course leads to sayings supposedly coming from a deity, a woman worth 30 shekels but a MAN 50.

If you believe that came from a god you are fully brainwashed and deluded.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 10:39

When you talk science you are clear and understandable.

But you sound childish and ignorant when talking about God and the Bible. The things you said are your opinions and are entirely subjective. Your view is biased by what you see in the world, but you don't see the whole picture. You base your opinions on the negative aspects of what you perceive of the visible church, and on the cunning craftiness of some that have claimed to be vessels of God's will in this world, but are instead lying wolves in sheep's clothing.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 11:02
    Originally posted by josephw

But you sound childish and ignorant when talking about God and the Bible. The things you said are your opinions and are entirely subjective. Your view is biased by what you see in the world, but you don't see the whole picture. You base your opinions on the negative aspects of what you perceive of th ...[text shortened]... med to be vessels of God's will in this world, but are instead lying wolves in sheep's clothing.
    And you are ignoring the fact that 200 million have died in tragedy after tragedy after atrocity after atrocity and not a stinking word from your so-called loving god. I am judging your so-called god on its actions not trying to read its so-called mind.

Your so-called god is just another religion made up by men.

You think men can't make up religions? Take a look at L. Ron. Hubbard.

He made up scientology as the result of boasting at a party that he could do just that.

Your religion came about exactly the same way, a deluded person who happened to be creative, eating one too many mushrooms, decides he had a visitation and then this religion was born.

Do you seriously think Mohammed got his religion from a god?

Every other religion on Earth is man made except Christianity, right?

Well I say EVERY religion is made up by men with no deity involved.

That explains everything, including the fake story about Jesus' death, who to my mind was recovered early by bribing the guards, slathered in aloe, he survives, turns it into a miracle and then goes up the silk road to found monastaries and such and actually dies in Kashmir, India.

Your whole religion is a scam that worked incredibly well.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 11:491 edit
    And you are ignoring the fact that 200 million have died in tragedy after tragedy after atrocity after atrocity and not a stinking word from your so-called loving god. I am judging your so-called god on its actions not trying to read its so-called mind.

You think men can't make up religions? ...[text shortened]... actually dies in Kashmir, India.

According to whose moral law are you trying to judge God? Your own?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 14:39

"This alleged god allowed LITERALLY hundreds of millions of people to die by the hands of despots and war in centuries past and still going on today."

You are wrong here, EVERYONE dies and has been since the beginning. You seem only
    upset with those that we ourselves murder off as if they were not going to die by some
    other means anyway.

Death is called an enemy for us and its time is short too.

If you want to worry about something worry about what happens after this life time.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 14:43
    You know full well what I mean. A god would think the same, that it is wrong to kill, much less kill LITERALLY millions of people. HUMANS took care of the situation in WW2, not a god. And of course killing for religion is going on today as we speak, children killed for daring to want an education. For religious reasons. Like a god would decree that kind of ...[text shortened]... els but a MAN 50.

If you believe that came from a god you are fully brainwashed and deluded.
    All "... such atrocities. " will be dealt with maybe not to my or your liking, or to the time
    table either of would like to see, but they will be dealt with. I'd also point out that it may be
    all together possible that we have ignored "atrocities" too, and without grace when they
    are dealt with and those that helped them alone we could find ourselves be judged as
    harshly as you want to now without mercy.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 20:43

You think men can't make up religions? ...[text shortened]... actually dies in Kashmir, India.

What a diatribe!

What a guilty conscience. Do you not realize how deeply in denial you are?

How can you sit there and blame the chaos on what you deny exists?

You sit there and blame and point your finger. If you think you have a better way to solve the worlds problems, then by all means do something about it. Don't just sit there in your ivory tower screaming your vitriol at a nonexistent God, and us, expecting to have a positive effect.

You won't understand this, nor will you understand how it is applicable to everything you said, but I leave it with you just the same.

Jeremiah 10:23
    O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 23:28
    Originally posted by josephw

But you sound childish and ignorant when talking about God and the Bible. The things you said are your opinions and are entirely subjective. Your view is biased by what you see in the world, but you don't see the whole picture. You base your opinions on the negative aspects of what you perceive of th ...[text shortened]... med to be vessels of God's will in this world, but are instead lying wolves in sheep's clothing.
    No. If the Bible is true, then God is evil. If the Bible is true, then God is evil. An all-powerful creator putting mortal souls into eternal torment for any reason at all? It gets worse. He does it not based on whether we are good or not, but on what we believe without evidence.

A creepy ancient Hebrew god of war. I piss on it. There are way better gods all over the place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree