1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 10:53
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Most people equate having 'eternal life' with going to heaven. It seems you don't. What does having 'eternal life' mean to you if it does not mean going to the place Jesus was referring to here: "In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"
    So you cannot find one reference that speaks of people going to heaven. First say that, then ask me questions. Thanks.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 11:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So you cannot find one reference that speaks of people going to heaven. First say that, then ask me questions. Thanks.
    I guess the closest would be Matthew 7:21-23: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven...' which seems to suggest that those who 'do' say 'Lord, Lord' will go to heaven.

And again in Matthew 5:20 'For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.'
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 11:30
    Ok, the exact words, "people go to Heaven" is not in the Bible as far as I am aware. Now would you care to answer my questions?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 11:42
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I guess the closest would be Matthew 7:21-23: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven...' which seems to suggest that those who 'do' say 'Lord, Lord' will go to heaven.

And again in Matthew 5:20 'For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.'
    Kingdom of Heaven is not the same of going to heaven. Kingdom of Heaven is the Kingdom of God which comes from heaven.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 11:53
    Kingdom of Heaven is not the same of going to heaven. Kingdom of Heaven is the Kingdom of God which comes from heaven.
    And you can support this view from the Bible or are you allowed to make stuff while I am the only one that needs to provide references?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 12:05
    And you can support this view from the Bible or are you allowed to make stuff while I am the only one that needs to provide references?
    There is nothing for me to support. You yourself said that there is nothing in the Bible about going to heaven and yet you keep using that expression.

The correct expression is to state that people can enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

If you cannot see the difference then you need to pray for understanding.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 12:23
    Read over the Lords Prayer and you will see the answer. Jesus asks that we pray for the Kingdom of God to COME and for Gods will to be done on EARTH as it is in heaven.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 12:351 edit
    There is nothing for me to support. You yourself said that there is nothing in the Bible about going to heaven and yet you keep using that expression.

The correct expression is to state that people can enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

If you cannot see the difference then you need to pray for understanding.
    Wow so all this fuss was because I said "going to Heaven" instead of "enter the Kingdom of Heaven"? So in your mind the two are different?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 12:57
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    [b]You're just someone who has it all together, including your politics.

Yes. (Not a Trump in sight).

There is no need for God for you.

Agreed. (Due to his fictional nature).

You should pat yourself on the back

I will.[/b]
    No need for God and no need for Trump?

Well your down to one. Good luck with that.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 13:24
    Wow so all this fuss was because I said "going to Heaven" instead of "enter the Kingdom of Heaven"? So in your mind the two are different?
    Did you read the Lords Prayer? What are you praying for regarding the Kingdom?

Are you praying to GO TO HEAVEN?
    Or are you praying for the Kingdom of God to COME?

Im not making a fuss about that. The fuss is to demonstrate to you how easy it is for people to believe stuff that is not in the Bible and to hold on to these false statements and doctrines regardless of how much you show them its not in the Bible.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 13:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    No need for God and no need for Trump?

Well your down to one. Good luck with that.
    No Trump on this island dude.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '16 15:302 edits
    If he can't support it, he should learn how. He could learn from me but he hates that.

The kingdom of the heavens is the kingdom whose origin is from the heavens. And this I would support by pointing the inquirer to Matthew 13:41-43 for starters.

"Then the Son of Man will send His angels, and they will collect out of His kingdom all the stumbling blocks and those who practice lawlessness, (v.41)

And will cast them into a furnace of fire. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. (v.42)

Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear." (v.43)

You see if the kingdom of the heavens is heaven itself then this passage would mean that the unsaved are raptured to heaven with the saved. And there in heaven the Son of Man would collect "out of His kingdom" those lost sinners. So since this collection occurs on the earth we should not think "the kingdom of the heavens" means Heaven itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree