1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 16:051 edit
    The way I see it Christianity provides the best answers to the four basic questions of existence.

1.Who am I?

Am I an accident? A mistake? A glorified ape at best? That’s it. No rhyme. No reason. No ultimate purpose.

OR

Am I the crowning glory of the creation of God? The Bible says He knit me together in my mother’s womb. I am no accident. So whether I am tall and beautiful or small and not so handsome, whether my body functions perfectly or is deformed severely, I am the crowning glory of the creation of God, and as a result I have inherent dignity, worth, and value. The biblical view cannot comprehend ideas like racism, classism, or eugenics.

2.Why am I here?

You’re here to consume and enjoy. Get all you can. Can all you get. Sit on the can. That’s why you’re here. That’s the only thing that matters.

When you put consumption and pleasure together, you get terrible results. If I have no rhyme or reason for my existence—if I am no more than the result of random evolutionary processes and I exist only to consume and enjoy, the only things that matter are whether I’m more powerful than you are and whether you have something I want for my enjoyment. If so, then it is okay for me to take from you whatever I desire for my own satisfaction.

OR

On the other hand I am not just here to consume and enjoy, but to bring glory and honor to the God that created me.

3.What is wrong with the world?

People are either insufficiently educated or insufficiently governed. People either don’t know enough, or they aren’t being watched enough.

OR

The problem isn’t “out there” somewhere; the problem with the world is me. The problem is that I start with myself as the measure of all things. What is wrong with the world? Me. I don’t do what I was meant to do.

4.How can what is wrong be made right?

More education. More government. That’s the only answer our culture can propose. How do we combat AIDS? AIDS Awareness. How do we combat racism? Anti-hate classes. What about the man who beats his wife? Anger management classes. Just give people more information, and everything will be fine.

But if you take a sinful, murderous human being and educate that individual, he merely becomes more sophisticated in his ability to destroy. The world is far more educated today than it was during World War I. So how are we doing? Are we seeing fewer wars? No. Just more sophisticated killing techniques.

OR

The spotless, sinless, Lamb of God is crushed, rejected, and killed to pay a debt that He did not owe on behalf of sinners who could never pay Him back. Thus there is always hope.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 16:242 edits
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    The way I see it Christianity provides the best answers to the four basic questions of existence.

1.Who am I?

Am I an accident? A mistake? A glorified ape at best? That’s it. No rhyme. No reason. No ultimate purpose.

OR

Am I the crowning glory of the creation of God? The Bible says He knit me together in my mother’s womb. I am no accident. ...[text shortened]... hat He did not owe on behalf of sinners who could never pay Him back. Thus there is always hope.
    Your #4 : How can the wrong be made right. ,
    and your answer The spotless, sinless, Lamb of God is crushed, rejected, and killed to pay a debt that He did not owe on behalf of sinners who could never pay Him back. Thus there is always hope.,

makes no sense.

Jesus died 2000 years ago and the world still has the 'wrongs' you mentioned, so clearly your conclusions are not making sense.

Obviously something in addition to simply the death of Jesus, and in addition to your more education and more government claim, is necessary
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 16:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your #4 : How can the wrong be made right. ,
    and your answer The spotless, sinless, Lamb of God is crushed, rejected, and killed to pay a debt that He did not owe on behalf of sinners who could never pay Him back. Thus there is always hope.,

makes no sense.

Jesus died 2000 years ago and the world still has the 'wrongs' you mentioned, ...[text shortened]... e death of Jesus, and in addition to your more education and more government claim, is necessary
    Outside of the death and resurrection of Jesus I see no hope for humanity.

What else do you think is necessary?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 16:431 edit

You did not address the issue I raised, but yet you expect me to answer your question?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 16:532 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You did not address the issue I raised, but yet you expect me to answer your question?
    Obviously repentance and submission to the will of God and guidance from the spirit of God is also necessary. Would we have the problems we have today if everyone submitted to the will of God? If everyone stopped living for themselves and started radiating the love of God to their fellow human beings?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:04

Works.

Many Christians think they need to earn their salvation.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:151 edit

1.Who am I?

OR

I am the crowning glory of the creation of God? The Bible says He knit me together in my mother’s womb. I am no accident. ...[text shortened]... hat He did not owe on behalf of sinners who could never pay Him back. Thus there is always hope.
    Probably the most ridiculous post you have ever made.

Basically you 'make up' a position that probably nobody supports and set it up as the only alternative to your religious beliefs. What a crock.

For example, the only alternative to being 'God's crowning glory' is not that 'I am an accident, a mistake, a glorified ape at best with no ultimate purpose.'

Of course you know that already, seeing as people like myself having been telling you this for months. Sure, i'm an atheist, but I don't believe i am an accident, a mistake or the result of complete randomness. And I very much have a purpose.

By all means state why you are a Christian, but your understanding of the alternatives to your beliefs is horrendous and naive. (If not deceitful).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:17
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Basically you 'make up' a position that probably nobody supports and set it up as the only alternative to your religious beliefs. What a crock.

For example, the only alternative to being 'God's crowning glory' is not that 'I am an accident, a mistake, a glorified ape at best with no ultimat ...[text shortened]... r understanding of the alternatives to your beliefs is horrendous and naive. (If not deceitful).
    Only those who feel the need for God will turn to him.

Obviously, you don't need him.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:21
    Obviously repentance and submission to the will of God and guidance from the spirit of God is also necessary. Would we have the problems we have today if everyone submitted to the will of God? If everyone stopped living for themselves and started radiating the love of God to their fellow human beings?
    I dont think even Christains understand what is the will of God. I have heard some say that the will of God is to believe on the name of Jesus Christ. So they say they believe and therefore, they are doing the will of God.

So what exactly is the will of God. Clearly just proclaiming that one believes on the name of Jesus Christ will do nothing to solve the problems you spoke of.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Only those who feel the need for God will turn to him.

Obviously, you don't need him.
    We all need 'comfort and reassurance' sir. I just happen to think you are looking in the wrong place.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:262 edits

For example, the only alternative to being 'God's crowning glory' is not that 'I am an accident, a mistake, a glorified ape at best with no ultimat ...[text shortened]... r understanding of the alternatives to your beliefs is horrendous and naive. (If not deceitful).
    Sure, i'm an atheist, but I don't believe i am an accident, a mistake or the result of complete randomness. And I very much have a purpose.

So if you don't believe that humans got here as a result of random mutations (mistakes), then how did the human race come into existence?
    I said 'ultimate purpose'. What is the 'ultimate purpose' of your existence and how does it logically fit into your atheistic worldview?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:33
    We all need 'comfort and reassurance' sir. I just happen to think you are looking in the wrong place.
    Why is that, the comfort and reassurance that comes from God is far greater than what
    you will get anywhere else. With God it doesn't matter if you are riding high in the world
    or falling apart He is a sure foundation that isn't dependent upon what state our lives are
    in.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:34
    Where would you say would be the right place for me to be looking?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:55
    [b]Sure, i'm an atheist, but I don't believe i am an accident, a mistake or the result of complete randomness. And I very much have a purpose.

So if you don't believe that humans got here as a result of random mutations (mistakes), then how did the human race come into existence?
    I said 'ultimate purpose'. What is the 'ultimate purpose' of your existence and how does it logically fit into your atheistic worldview?[/b]
    I knew you would answer with those same old questions, despite having answered them fully in previous threads. (Including one that dispelled this 'mistaken' belief you have that evolution is 'all about' randomness).

If you honestly don't remember such threads, and lack a basic understanding of evolution, it makes communicating with you very difficult and tedious.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:56
    Where would you say would be the right place for me to be looking?
    Start with your family and friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree