1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 17:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why is that, the comfort and reassurance that comes from God is far greater than what
    you will get anywhere else. With God it doesn't matter if you are riding high in the world
    or falling apart He is a sure foundation that isn't dependent upon what state our lives are
    in.
    Well, as an atheist sir, I obviously am of the opinion that a theist is seeking comfort and reassurance from someone who isn't there.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:18
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I knew you would answer with those same old questions, despite having answered them fully in previous threads. (Including one that dispelled this 'mistaken' belief you have that evolution is 'all about' randomness).

If you honestly don't remember such threads, and lack a basic understanding of evolution, it makes communicating with you very difficult and tedious.
    So what non-accidental mechanism drives the mutations of atheistic evolution?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:20
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So what non-accidental mechanism drives the mutations of atheistic evolution?
    The non random selection of random variants.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The non random selection of random variants.
    Cool. But if you remove God from the equation, our existence is not planned. Which makes it accidental no?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:38
    Cool. But if you remove God from the equation, our existence is not planned. Which makes it accidental no?
    Correct, evolution by natural selection is not 'planned'. Is life an accident? I don't think anybody really knows.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:451 edit
    Correct, evolution by natural selection is not 'planned'. Is life an accident? I don't think anybody really knows.
    So why couldn't life have happened by chance or without apparent or deliberate cause?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:47
    So why couldn't life have happened by chance or without apparent or deliberate cause?
    I never said it couldn't.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:50
    I am always curious about how long a thread like this will go on before someone says "But we need the eggs."
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 18:59
    I never said it couldn't.
    Would you say the non random selection of random variants in evolution occurs with or without apparent or deliberate cause?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    I am always curious about how long a thread like this will go on before someone says "But we need the eggs."
    I predict Fetchmyjunk will shortly confront Proper Knob with his universal truth ultimatum.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:03
    Would you say the non random selection of random variants in evolution occurs with or without apparent or deliberate cause?
    Without.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:09
    Without.
    So therefore you believe you came about by accident no?

Accident: an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:53
    So therefore you believe you came about by accident no?

Accident: an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause.
    What will you say to a no?

What will you say to a yes?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:56
    Well, as an atheist sir, I obviously am of the opinion that a theist is seeking comfort and reassurance from someone who isn't there.
    Your failure you acknowledge Him doesn't mean He isn't there.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '16 19:57
    We all need 'comfort and reassurance' sir. I just happen to think you are looking in the wrong place.
    As I said, you get your comfort and reassurance from others, so you don't need God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree