Why I believe in  Talking Snake

Why I believe in Talking Snake

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
So sonship finally we have it from you about how you interpret Revelation, it’s only taken several years 😉
Go back several years and find my posts on Revelation. Show me that I CHANGED my tone in this regard.

Now, this may be the first time I gave attention to something here not discussed in the past. You don't honestly think that I have written EVERYTHING I have learned from Revelation, do you?

There are many, many passages, matters, concepts that I have never written about on this Forum.

"Finally, FINALLY sonship you told us how you interpret Revelation."

I don't think so Divegeester. Recollect when I have alluded before about the sons of God reigning over the restored nations both in the millennium and in the age of eternity. I know this is not the first time I ventured into those waters.

It MAY be (and that is a guess) the first time, or a long time SINCE, that I wrote about the tree of life being a vine tree growing along the river that spirals up the mountain to the throne of God and of the Lamb.

I don't talk about it much though.

I have spoken about Revelation and the time and skill it takes to know when and how something should be taken. I know that I have often draw attention to Revelation 1:1.

"The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him to show to His slaves the things that must quickly take place, and He made it known by signs, sending it by His angel to His slave John." (1:1)

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Go back several years and find my posts on [b]Revelation. Show me that I CHANGED my tone in this regard.

Now, this may be the first time I gave attention to something here not discussed in the past. You don't honestly think that I have written EVERYTHING I have learned from Revelation, do you?

There are many, many passages, matters, ...[text shortened]... e, and He made it known y signs, sending it by His angel to His slave John." (1:1) [/b] [/quote][/b]
Revelation is “signs” sonship, you have just said so yourself.

How can it be signs and yet literal at the same time?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

Folks, don't be overly impressed with Divegeester's exasperation - that FIANLLY after YEARS of his badgering have gone by, I explained something.

He is exaggerating.

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

Folks, don't be overly impressed with Divegeesters exasperation - that YEARS have gone by before I explained something.

He is exaggerating.
What am I exaggerating about sonship?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Folks, don't be overly impressed with Divegeesters exasperation - that YEARS have gone by before I explained something.

He is exaggerating.
This post reminds me of the Chinese folk story where the farmer hid his rice behind a plank in the bare wall of his otherwise virtually empty hut but grew nervous and so wrote with chalk on the plank: "My rice is NOT hidden behind this plank".

Moves
25 Apr 18

Folks, don't be overly impressed with Divegeester's exasperation - that FIANLLY after YEARS of his badgering have gone by, I explained something.

He is exaggerating.
Revelation is “signs” sonship, you have just said so yourself.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
This post reminds me of the Chinese folk story where the farmer hid his rice behind a plank in the bare wall of his otherwise virtually empty hut but grew nervous and so wrote with chalk on the plank: "My rice is NOT hidden behind this plank".
Perfect!

Moves
25 Apr 18

He is exaggerating.
You admitting that Revelation is “signs” is one of those “curtain flapping open” moments that make coming here and putting up with all the other crap worth while.

Thank you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18

You're a serious reader of the Holy Bible and you can't see that this occurs?

Noah's ark - both actual with symbolic meaning.
Sarah and Hagar - both actual with symbolic meaning.
The offering of Isaac on an altar - actual with symbolic meaning.
Passover lamb - both actual with symbolic meaning.
The Red Sea opening - both actual with symbolic meaning.
The manna from the sky - both actual with symbolic meaning.
The tabernacle - both actual with symbolic meaning.
The ark of the covenant - both actual with symbolic meaning.

Revelation says that the THINGS must quickly take place. Many of the contents of the book are not SO symbolic that the THINGS will NOT take place. The THINGS are just often conveyed to us in signs.

Do you wish to morph this thread into another argument about Hell makes no sense ?

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

I’m asking you about a book of the bible not an event in it.

How can the book of Revelation be both “signs” and literal?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

You admitting that Revelation is “signs” is one of those “curtain flapping open” moments that make coming here and putting up with all the other crap worth while.

Thank you.
Go back about seven years and see that this "admitting" is something I have maintained from earliest days of participating here.

If you stopped trying to generate a sensational scandal so hard, we might get to constructive analysis of a difficult book.

You're grandstanding.
You're trying to invent a scandal that's not there.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Go back about seven years and see that this "admitting" is something I have maintained from earliest days of participating here.
You want me to go back through seven years of your posts?

Moves
25 Apr 18

You're trying to invent a scandal that's not there.
And you are hiding your rice behind a plank 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 18
2 edits

In the New Testament we see Jesus referring to historical people yet in relation to Himself they were signs.

Jonah - Christ is the One greater than Jonah to whom Jonah pointed.

David - Christ is greater than David to whom David as a sign pointed.

Solomon - Christ is greater than Solomon. Solomon was a sign pointing to Christ the Son of God.

The ark of Noah - Christ is the greater ark as a salvation to His people.

In this way something historical also had the function of a symbolic sign.

Moves
25 Apr 18

In the New Testament we see Jesus referring to historical people yet in relation to Himself they were signs.

Jonah - Christ is the One greater than Jonah to whom Jonah pointed.

David - Christ is greater than David to whom David as a sign pointed.

Solomon - Christ is greater than Solomon. Solomon was a sign pointing to Christ the Son of God.

Th ...[text shortened]... ion to His people.

In this way something historical also had the function of a symbolic sign.
How can the book of Revelation be both “signs” and literal?