1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its a belief like any other, unproven and unsubstantiated. You cannot cry about , therefore i suggest you embrace it.
    “...its a belief like any other, ...”

No, it is a rational belief based on Occam’s razor and it certainly isn't a religious one.
    I ask you again, Do you reject (1) ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...its a belief like any other, ...”

No, it is a rational belief based on Occam’s razor and it certainly isn't a religious one.
    I ask you again, Do you reject (1) ?
    have you any proof that god does not exist, please lay it before the forum so that we
    may examine this evidence. . . . .eerie silence, ok, then all else is pure bumf, when
    will you people realise that all you can state with any certainty is that to you, the
    existence of God is improbable. Its not so hard, is it? Nor is it a rational belief, for
    you have no proof, its unsubstantiated, relies on an assumption, uncorroborated by
    either observation or data and is a pure religious belief, get over it. I for my part
    have come to realise the futility of all existence non existence debates, i will discuss it
    no further because i know, you cannot prove anything in relationship to the existence
    or non existence of God. I will be pleased if you spare me the futility as well.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:351 edit
    have you any proof that god does not exist, please lay it before the forum so that we
    may examine this evidence. . . . .eerie silence, ok, then all else is pure bumf, when
    will you people realise that all you can state with any certainty is that to you, the
    existence of God is improbable. Its not so hard, is it? Nor is it a rational belief, f ...[text shortened]... he existence
    or non existence of God. I will be pleased if you spare me the futility as well.
    “...have you any proof that god does not exist, please lay it before the forum so that we
    may examine this evidence. . . . .eerie silence, ok, ...”

I just said for the forth time I have no such proof -stop pretending that I didn't say so!!!

I ask you yet again, Do you reject (1) ?
    reminder:

1, if there is no evidence that something X exists then, even in the absence of proof of X not existing, it is rational to assume that the probability of X existing is vanishingly small.

….still silent on this?

“...when will you people realise that all you can state with any certainty is that to you, the
    existence of God is improbable...”

….when you/somebody shows credible evidence that there is a god.

I have answered all your questions but you do not answer mine -why?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:371 edit
    “...have you any proof that god does not exist, please lay it before the forum so that we
    may examine this evidence. . . . .eerie silence, ok, ...”

I just said for the forth time I have no such proof -stop pretending that I didn't say so!!!

I ask you yet again, Do you reject (1) ?
    reminder:

“ 1, if there is no evidence that something
    ….still silent on this?

I have answered all your questions but you do not answer mine -why?
    why? perhaps i have understated the point, if i could reach down the fibre optic with
    my hand and slapped you about the noggin would it produce the desired effect?
    because its FUTILE that is why.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:41
    why? perhaps i have understated the point, if i could reach down the fibre optic with
    my hand and slapped you about the noggin would it produce the desired effect?
    because its FUTILE that is why.
    It takes you no effort to just answer “yes” or “no” and yet you don't.
    Don't you think it rude not to ever answer my question when I answer all of yours?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 17:43
    It takes you no effort to just answer “yes” or “no” and yet you don't.
    Don't you think it rude not to ever answer my question when I answer all of yours?
    not when its a futile debate i dont, indeed, i think its polite to desist from entering a
    debate you know is going to be futile for i am preserving your time for something
    more productive, you should thank me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree