1. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:19
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "Did I say ALL wars were started by religion? No - I did not" - thanks for confirming this by reiterating my line:
    "Religion causes war,"
    There is no contradiction here. Do you agree that "Smoking causes lung cancer"? If so, then consider the fact that some people who get lung cancer never smoked. Thus "religions cause wars" can be true even ...[text shortened]... o wars. Thus weapons are indeed a cause of wars.

Thanks once more for proving my point. 😀
    When you think about it, this is not fatuous at all! Without weapons, there would be no wars. Thus weapons are indeed a cause of wars.

Huh? So this is a little bit like: "I got a gun! Let me go to war!!!" rather than the logical (which has eluded you for quite a while) "I got a war, let me get a gun!"

You are really an amusing little fellow...
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Who cares?

Consider it work in progress.
    I might research and pontificate, when time permits.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]When you think about it, this is not fatuous at all! Without weapons, there would be no wars. Thus weapons are indeed a cause of wars.

This is exactly the type of shallow thinking I was aligning you to. Thanks for proving my point. With no weapons people would still go at it with their fists and teeth. You are looking for the source of war about ...[text shortened]... en't predisposed to war.

Edit1: Forgive me for asking, but are you perhaps related to STANG?[/b]
    ...using their teeth and fists as WEAPONS - yes?

Of course the smoking analogy is perfect. It is just that you do not understand what causality is.

"religious people aren't predisposed to war." Oh really - tell that to the suicide bombers, happy to take the fast route to Heaven for their cause!
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:23
    ...using their teeth and fists as WEAPONS - yes?

Of course the smoking analogy is perfect. It is just that you do not understand what causality is.

"religious people aren't predisposed to war." Oh really - tell that to the suicide bombers, happy to take the fast route to Heaven for their cause!
    I honestly rest my case. Yours is the situation of: "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

I leave him to you Rat...
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:28
    Please find all the wars in the past 200 years and list those that were initiated and sustained because of a difference in religious doctrine.
    Why are you limiting the scope to the past 200 years? Why is a difference in religious doctrine required rather than a religious imperative (e.g. a command by God to attack the infidel, as in my quote from Deuteronomy)?
  6. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:30
    I honestly rest my case. Yours is the situation of: "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

Awww, thanks... I'm struggling with the typing I'm laughing so hard - this fellow's about as funny as the Iraqi Information minister!

Howardisthistoget?!

Oh really - tell that to the suicide bombers, happy to take the fast route to Heaven for their cause!

You're almost getting somewhere, now. You should've said "Islam is a cause of war!". Generalising something as diverse (and mindboggling for you, although you don't see it) as war is just an assertment of an unschooled mind in history and logic.
  7. London
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:31
    Why are you limiting the scope to the past 200 years? Why is a difference in religious doctrine required rather than a religious imperative (e.g. a command by God to attack the infidel, as in my quote from Deuteronomy)?
    Alright - let's go back 6,000 years.

But there must be historical proof that the war actually happened.
  8. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:32

"My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

You describe your own situation perfectly.

You fail to understand the nature of Causality, and are not interested in pursuing it further.

You cannot defend your claim that WW1 and WW2 were not caused by religion.

Crawl back under your rock....and take your bible with you.
  9. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:33
    Anything beyond 200 years is just beyond HowardGeewiz's grasp...
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:36
    The so called "religious wars" have an uncanny ability to survive the tests of time. The past 200 years are just well documented and would give a more balanced reflection in our current tiff. It need not to be limited to that though.
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:38

You fail to understand the nature of Causality, and are not interested in pursuing it further.

Oh, and please take PRatX under your rock too.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    But there must be historical proof that the war actually happened.
    Do you sincerely believe that the wars I mentioned did not occur? Or, do you claim that the Israelites did not conquer Canaan?
  13. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:45
    Oh, and please take PRatX under your rock too.
    You've put yourself on a pedestal for tomato-pelting, now you're desperately trying to defend yourself with pathetic insults?

Lame, very lame...
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:45

If this was so, then the Allied and Axis alliances of these two wars would have been aligned because of religious persuations, not ideological and economic reasons.
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 14:49
    Do you sincerely believe that the wars I mentioned did not occur?
    Why let the atheists like HG demand for absolute proof and then when the shoe is on the other foot, the religious have to concede discussions based only on belief... đŸ˜” If they want to debate then they have to be consistant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree