1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Would WWII not have been, had he got converted to strong atheism?
    How on earth would I know?

Won't you address my question on the Islamic wars of conquest--I want to know what you think.
  2. London
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:16
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Just hilarious!!

If I had not realised from your many posts, how idiotic you are, then I would have assumed this was sarcasm.

"Are you by any chance saying that all anti-semitism is based on religion? What an assumption..."
    What else do you think anti semitism is based on? You PRat.
    What else do you think anti semitism is based on?

Other causes could be - xenophobia, jealousy etc.
  3. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:17
    Just hilarious!!

If I had not realised from your many posts, how idiotic you are, then I would have assumed this was sarcasm.

"Are you by any chance saying that all anti-semitism is based on religion? What an assumption..."
    Didn't I just point it out to you? You're obviously not reading the whole post.

Let me say this again, feel free to read it several times, move your lips if you have to and then, only after that, try to comprehend what I've written...

Hitler's anti-semitism was not based on religion, but rather his view of evolution.

Grow up, kid...
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:17
    Lets start with WWI, work your way through the link provided. I find no reason to believe that there was any religious reason in this war, your previous Muslim-Christian line seems a gross assumption that you will need to substantiate...

http://www.firstworldwar.com/origins/causes.htm
    Once you are done with the WWI link, here's one with the historically accepted causes of WWII:

www.rpfuller.com/gcse/history/6.html

Any takes?

Note: I see you've toned it down to anti-semitism, which was the cause of the Holocaust, not WWII.
  5. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:191 edit
    Just hilarious!!

I'm outta my office, so I bid you farewell to your folly...
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:21
    Originally posted by RatX
    I'm outta my office, so I bid you farewell to your folly...
    PRathetic
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:23
    Originally posted by RatX
    Hitler's anti-semitism was not based on religion, but rather his view of evolution.
    No, his misuse of evolutionary theory was based on his anti-semitism, which in turn was based on paranoid insecurity caused by--his relationship with his mother? Who knows for sure.
  8. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:23
    PRathetic
    By the time I return, I hope you'll have substantiated your insults with some facts, namely:
    - Hitler's anti-semitism was based on religion
    - Most wars are the result of religious differences
    - I'm PRathetic (oh so lame 😞 )
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:24
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Do you deny that the main causes of WWI and WWII were socio-political and economical?

If not, then by the logic you've used in this thread, Society, Politics and Economics are dumb because they cause wars.
    "Religion causes war, because there is no other course of action available to resolve differences between doctrines " was my claim.

This differs from Politics, Economics and Society (Sociology) which can have their claims tested objectively.
    It is the un-provable nature of religion which leads to war and makes it dumb.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:25
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    How on earth would I know?

Won't you address my question on the Islamic wars of conquest--I want to know what you think.
    You should read "Infidels" by Andrew Wheatcroft. Its the panoptic history of the long struggle between the Christian West and Islam. 800+ pages. Very insightful.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:27
    You should read "Infidels" by Andrew Wheatcroft. Its the panoptic history of the long struggle between the Christian West and Islam. 800+ pages. Very insightful.
    OK, I'll take a look. Since you've read the book, you should be able to tell me what got the whole thing started. I'm asking for information, not looking for a harangue.
  12. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:27
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    No, his misuse of evolutionary theory was based on his anti-semitism, which in turn was based on paranoid insecurity caused by--his relationship with his mother? Who knows for sure.
    Hmmm... read up on Hitler's reason's for his anti-semitism. I unfortunately don't have the info on me and as I'm on my way out, I can't find it just yet.

His anti-semitism was inspired by a radical mentor of his who "explained scientifically" that Jews are less evolved...

Do you have anything else to substantiate why he was anti-semetic besides "paranoid insecurity caused by--"? Just wondering, I'm very interested in Hitler and WW2 and I like read most things on the subject...
  13. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:28
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    [b]What else do you think anti semitism is based on?

Other causes could be - xenophobia, jealousy etc.[/b]
    I know you don't read your own cut 'n' paste jobs, or respond to rebuttals of the above, so to prevent you from having to look at a dictionary, here is the definition of anti-semitism:

1. Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
    2. Discrimination against Jews.

Must be upsetting to realise you are as thick at PratX.
  14. London
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:39
    I know you don't read your own cut 'n' paste jobs, or respond to rebuttals of the above, so to prevent you from having to look at a dictionary, here is the definition of anti-semitism:

1. Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
    2. Discrimination against Jews.

Must be upsetting to realise you are as thick at PratX.
    Quit the abuse.

Your post provides a definition for anti-semitism; it provides no causes.

You asserted that religion is the primary (if not only) cause of anti-semitism. I've provided alternatives - and you have not responded to them.

If you want to have a rational debate, then stick to facts and reason. Otherwise stop wasting our time.
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 16:06
    "Religion causes war, because there is no other course of action available to resolve differences between doctrines " was my claim.

This differs from Politics, Economics and Society (Sociology) which can have their claims tested objectively.
    It is the un-provable nature of religion which leads to war and makes it dumb.
    So by your reasoning WWI and II would have been avoided as they were clearly caused by socio-political and economic factors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree