Why religion is dumb - reason 6 (Wasted Life)

Why religion is dumb - reason 6 (Wasted Life)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Good point. I never met one who could spell worth a lick. It's like they write in a completely different language.
Like the deaf person would you reject him for telling you about Jesus just because he can't speck? It all depends on if you soften your heart tawards his witnessing.

a

Forgotten

Moves
03 Nov 05

hmmm
i referr you to my life after death post to as why religion is dumb
dumb i think it isnt i think the world has room enough for atheist ,satanist ,christians, buddists, taoists,or whatever.
wouldnt the universal god be diverse multi faceted
all things to all people ? i do think that to be religious for the sake of saving ones own soul is a selfish act ... leads to damnation

A

Moves
03 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by dj2becker
For the onlooker "Christianity" is a religion, as defined in the dictionary. But for those that know God, Christianity is more than a religion, it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Argh. I have also heard some of the Zen monks claim that what we do is not a religion. The offenders say it isn't a religion because Zen meditation is just about 'perceiving the truth,' the same way that people who have experienced salvation in Christ regard that not as a 'religion' but as THE TRUTH.

It's a very dangerous kind of thinking. The assumption is, "You have a point of view, but my point of view is THE TRUTH." That idea goes a bit farther than religious zeal.

Everybody is looking at this world through a pair of eyes. Every religion IS a religion. Having faith in one's religion does not require anybody to deny any validity or wisdom in other religions. There is a kind of zealous pride that arises not from God, but from immature human personalities.

A

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by aspviper666
i do think that to be religious for the sake of saving ones own soul is a selfish act ... leads to damnation
You raise an interesting question here: What is the purpose of salvation? Is it a selfish desire?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
Look at Mexicans for example.
RB, stick to the Bible, which you know poorly. When you address other matters, you reveal such appalling ignorance and bigotry that I am embarrassed for everyone associated with this site.

Now, just so I have a clear handle on your bigotry, tell me: are you referring to the Mexicans in California, Texas, and points in-between, or are you referring to folks living in Mexico? Which language do they spell poorly?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Nov 05

Like the deaf person would you reject him for telling you about Jesus just because he can't speck? It all depends on if you soften your heart tawards his witnessing.
There's a key difference here: we don't have a group of deaf people telling us that we are lost unless we listen to the SPOKEN WORD. We do have an illiterate telling us that we are lost unless we listen to the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD.

Your inability to construct coherent sentences correlates all too well with the errors in reading that undergird your twisted theology.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Nov 05

Your stupid if you go by people who can spell, there are more people in thsi word that can't spell then that can.

Look at Mexicans for example.
I wasn't talking about the spelling of the word, I was talking about the meaning of the word. Do you even know what the word 'religion' means?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Nov 05

It is not a religion, go to a Baptist and a Presy Church or pentacostal and ask them, or better yet give Jesus a try and give him your life and then you will see that it is all about a relationship.
I don't care if a thousand people say that christianity isn't a religion - they'd still be completely wrong. The word's meaning is quite clear, despite the efforts of some to deny what they are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee
All those hours spent praying to God and praising him are completely wasted.

If God doesn't exist, then clearly it is a waste of time.

Even if you believe that he does exist, then realise that it is still a waste of time:

1. God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knows if you love him or not and he knows your problems without you having to pray ...[text shortened]... ny more of your precious time in prayer or worship.

DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE!
I thought you were one that believe in nothing after this life was
over? So what does it matter, all roads anyone picks for themselves
go nowhere anyway, one is as waisted as any other under those
conditions.
Kelly

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
I am surprised all the christians jumped on this. I'm not religious but it makes sense to me. I can't really put it any better than he did, so I'll quote him twice.

"Imagine if you were an omnipotent teacher and you gave your pupils free reign to go out into the world and do good deeds. You would be very disappointed with those pupils who d ...[text shortened]... great he is, when you could be spending time acomplishing what he wants you to get done instead?
What's your point UOS? Surely non-religious people spend as many hours if not more on mundane nonconstructive pursuits such as watching sport etc

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I don't care if a thousand people say that christianity isn't a religion - they'd still be completely wrong. The word's meaning is quite clear, despite the efforts of some to deny what they are.
So look up the definition of "God" in the dictionary: "A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship"...

The dictionary says it... so it must be true 😛

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
But you see Christ came to do away with religion and bring a personnal relationship the God.

N

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Chakan
I don't have a son ...
Then you are not any kind of god - looks like you are wasting your time???

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Then you are not any kind of god - looks like you are wasting your time???
Thats God! You know the price for heresy don't you?

N

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser
What diseased pathetic meglomaniac is your god who requires constant praise and adulation?

If your God is omnipotent then s/he knows how good she is and doesn't require mortals to tell it how wonderful it is.

If your God isn't omnipotent and doesn't know how good it is, then not much point praying is there?
Maustrauser, dont we ALL NEED love? Dont we all WANT attention? Dont we all want to be KNOWN, to be seeing? God wants the same ok.

So if you do not know my God, why then do you leave such CHILDISH remarks. Again, and I am saying this for the 1000's of time, we are all adults here, act like one.

If you do not agree, then say so but by calling my God names... that is pathetic!