Why religion is dumb - reason 6 (Wasted Life)

Why religion is dumb - reason 6 (Wasted Life)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Cosmos

Moves
02 Nov 05

All those hours spent praying to God and praising him are completely wasted.

If God doesn't exist, then clearly it is a waste of time.

Even if you believe that he does exist, then realise that it is still a waste of time:

1. God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knows if you love him or not and he knows your problems without you having to pray for him to fix them.
2. Imagine if you were an omnipotent teacher and you gave your pupils free reign to go out into the world and do good deeds. You would be very disappointed with those pupils who decided to just stay in the class room and tell you how wonderful you were, and plead with you to make the world outside better! God must shake his head in disappointment at those pathetic fawning weaklings in church trying to suck up their way into heaven.

So take my advice and don't bother wasting any more of your precious time in prayer or worship.

DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE!

N

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee

Even if you believe that he does exist, then realise that it is still a waste of time:

1. God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knows if you love him or not and he knows your problems without you having to pray ...[text shortened]... ny more of your precious time in prayer or worship.

Howardgee, by the way you wrote this it sounds like you do believe that God exists, and that is very good.

The Chess Express wrote:

"When religion works, it strengthens and enhances our relationship with God. It’s just important to not get caught up in all the politics and rhetoric that people bring and stay focused on the relationship."

...which you can also read in my thread 'God loves you.."

Think about it, the more you pray and praise God, the more constructive God will be with the things in your life. Everything in life is a give and take, a wash my back and I'll wash yours situation.

You cant expect for God to show, give or make stuff, if you dont do the same. Isnt it always, in most cases, that you have to be the one that has to be lesser person? Think about it...you are just cross with God and He will forgive you for that.

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee

1. God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knows if you love him or not and he knows your problems without you having to pray ...[text shortened]... ny more of your precious time in prayer or worship.

You are right, religion can be a waste of time.

Christianity is neither a religion nor is it a waste of time.

Arguing with Christians and thinking that you will change their mind is definately a waste of time 😉

Think about this: I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have experienced His healing and cleansing power in my life. I know that He is a reality. I know what it feels like to be lost, but I also know what I feels like to have a meeting with the living God, and have experienced His power in my life and I have seen the light of His salvation at work in my very own life.

Now do you really think that you are going to change my mind with some silly argument?

He that is forgiven much loves much. If you have been forgiven and have a living relationship with Jesus Christ, you cannot but do something constructive with your life...

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
This is interesting. Say more.

NowYouSeeIt

NowYouDon't

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
This is interesting. Say more.

Have to agree with dj:

Christianity is a diseased symptom of an intellect locked into self-abuse, determined to ignore the myriad connections that tie it into the vast and seamless universe of all things. It is the first and last defence of a selfish spirit.

Like most religions, it can't be considered a waste of time as so many wars are fought in its name that credit for population control ultimately has to be given, regardless of the typical religious tendency to breed, overbreed and inbreed.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas

Think about it, the more you pray and praise God, the more constructive God will be with the things in your life. Everything in life is a give and take, a wash my back and I'll wash yours situation.
What diseased pathetic meglomaniac is your god who requires constant praise and adulation?

If your God is omnipotent then s/he knows how good she is and doesn't require mortals to tell it how wonderful it is.

If your God isn't omnipotent and doesn't know how good it is, then not much point praying is there?

NowYouSeeIt

NowYouDon't

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Thanks for bringing this up, Maus ~ I missed it on first reading 😛

😕 Who can take a God with a dirty back seriously, anyway, I mean really....?

D

Moves
02 Nov 05

Dear Father Lord please forgive them as they do not know what they are talking about. Amen.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Doremifaso
Dear Father Lord please forgive them as they do not know what they are talking about. Amen.
Done!

NEXT!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Nov 05

I didn't realise God was reading these threads. I hope it posts.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I didn't realise God was reading these threads. I hope it posts.
Refer to 2 posts above!

NowYouSeeIt

NowYouDon't

Moves
02 Nov 05

..latedo 😀

D

Moves
02 Nov 05

May God blesses everyone in here regardless of what they are saying.
Give thanks in the name of the Son and the Father.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
02 Nov 05

May God blesses everyone in here regardless of what they are saying.
Give thanks in the name of the Son and the Father.
I don't have a son ...

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Chakan
I don't have a son ...
Is that guy bothering you?