1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 02:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So the elders of the Church annoint you with oil? What church is that?

You implied that love can keep you alive forever, so you must be talking about the love of or from God. Im just trying to find out if you think the love of God is going to keep you alive if you are sick as the Bible did not say to call a doctor.
    why do you think anyone would think that?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 02:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    Where in the Bible does it say that you should not seek a physician? If I recall, Luke was a medical physician. Are you suggesting that seeking medical help is somehow evil?
    I quoted a verse that advised what one should do. Im simply trying to find out if any Christians follow that advice.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 02:53
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    why do you think anyone would think that?
    Whodey said love will keep him alive forever.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:02
    Whodey said love will keep him alive forever.
    This is because it also says in the scriptures that God is love. God will keep me alive for ever was my point.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:05
    I quoted a verse that advised what one should do. Im simply trying to find out if any Christians follow that advice.
    i don't go to church... so no. i don't.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:08
    This is because it also says in the scriptures that God is love. God will keep me alive for ever was my point.
    Hence my question about the same scripture : James 5:14:

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord"

To which you answered that you will also call a doctor. You did not answer the part about the anointing with oil.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:09
    i don't go to church... so no. i don't.
    DO you need to go to church to follow the teachings of the Bible ?
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:11
    Have you ever wondered if there were worse fates than death? For me a life devoid of love is such a fate.
    That's cool, it's your choice.
    Me, I'd rather be alive.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:13
    DO you need to go to church to follow the teachings of the Bible ?
    DO the people in the church follow the teachings of Jesus better than someone outside?
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:15
    So, I'm still keen to see you try my experiment.
    Do you have the courage of your convictions?
    Stop drinking right now. Let God keep you alive on love. I'm keen to see the result. This'll be great, finally the Spiritual thread can produce something real.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:17
    DO the people in the church follow the teachings of Jesus better than someone outside?
    I never said or implied that.

You said you dont follow James 5:14 because you dont go to church.
    SO my question was whether or not you need to go to church to follow the scripture.

Understand?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:18
    Originally posted by amannion
    So, I'm still keen to see you try my experiment.
    Do you have the courage of your convictions?
    Stop drinking right now. Let God keep you alive on love. I'm keen to see the result. This'll be great, finally the Spiritual thread can produce something real.
    Ahhhhh Amannion .. you want to be responsible for someone dying ?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Religion may never completely die out, but it will become less and less of a factor in society. We see this process underway most notably in Europe, where the percentage of religious people is declining precipitously. The Czech Republic, for example, is 39% atheist. That's a whopping percentage that will only go up. The countries with the highest levels of ...[text shortened]... their living conditions improve they'll follow the same path as the more developed countries.
    It is true that materialism can serve as a "god substitute". They tend to be more self reliant and want for nothing. The Bible calls this the decitfullness of riches. You begin to think you are actually in control of lifes events. In fact, you can explain pretty much anything away due to your higher education. In reality, those who are better off economically are just as wretched as those who are not. The only difference being that those who are not as well off recognize this fact more readily. Also, they are not as arrogant about pretending to know more than they actually do. In reality, the more you know, the more you should realize you don't know.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:23
    It is true that materialism can serve as a "god substitute". They tend to be more self reliant and want for nothing. The Bible calls this the decitfullness of riches. You begin to think you are actually in control of lifes events. In fact, you can explain pretty much anything away due to your higher education. In reality, those who are better off economi ...[text shortened]... they actually do. In reality, the more you know, the more you should realize you don't know.
    Which just proves the point that christians start out as unpure filthy beings in desparate need of FIXING, which the church will happily do.
    Poor christians.
    Atheists know there is nothing inherently wrong with humans that desparately needs fixing. A higher order of living if you ask me.
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:27
    Ahhhhh Amannion .. you want to be responsible for someone dying ?
    Hey, I won't be responsible.
    It'll be his God when this love stuff fails to come through.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree